BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Samba Set To Sign For Anzhi

When it comes to the players I totally disagree with that. Samba had tried to manufacture a move on at least two previous occasions. He's managed to convince supporters that he was doing it for all of the right reasons this time around, but the fact that he has chosen to go to Russia shows that he was just out to increase his pay and make some money. Anyone who thinks that he won't have received a significant pay-rise from this move is obviously totally unfamiliar with the amount of money that Anzhi have been spending over the last two years.

As for the rest of the players that we have moved out, well with the exception of Nelsen and Jones they were all deadwood who were overpaid and barely figured in matchday squads. The decision to move them out was a good one. For Jones we received good money and, for all the talk about how important Nelsen could have been, that logic totally ignores the fact that the last two years of his career have been completely blighted by injury and that he hasn't looked the same player that he once was for some time.

As I have said, there are plenty of reasons to be critical of the owners and the management, but their handling of the Samba fiasco is not one of them. He's just another player who wanted to make more money and realised that he held all of the cards. The club did their best to get a good fee for him and sold him to a club outside of this league, that is really all that we could have asked for once he had made it clear that he would no longer play for the club.

Did we indeed Eddie? Where is it then?

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Samba will look like the bad guy but he was lied to we all were lied to, and for him the nightmare is over, for fans it's just getting started.

His nightmare is just about to start. He should have read up on the experience that black players often have playing in Eastern Europe, particularly Russia. He should also have looked into a club that plays in an area of the world that is dangerous and unpleasant enough that they have to train thousands of miles away from their home ground.

Anyone telling me that Samba is the good guy is clearly ignoring the fact that he has behaved in a fairly similar manner before. They also need to explain to me why he is the good guy when his teammates were unhappy with the way that he behaved. He deserted the club, deserted his teammates and publicly disrespected the club and the fans and he did this while picking up a weekly wage that is well above what many households will earn in a year. Like our owners he is an example of much of what is wrong with modern football.

His nightmare is just about to start. He should have read up on the experience that black players often have playing in Eastern Europe, particularly Russia. He should also have looked into a club that plays in an area of the world that is dangerous and unpleasant enough that they have to train thousands of miles away from their home ground.

Why is it so dangerous? What are the causes of any unrest eddie?

But that doesn't appear to have stopped Roberto Carlos & Samuel Eto'o playing there.

• Backroom

No. Anzhi needs a miracle in the second half of the season to make it to Europe. CL is out of reach, no matter who they have as a coach or who they bought.

Indeed. Zenit would have been the club to go to if he wanted CL football.

Why are people on here saying it's a good deal when the money received (as with the Jones money) is to be 're-invested' to meet running costs.

Costs that the Venky gobshites should be meeting as a pre-requisite of buying the club. Any money brought in is to keep afloat and sod the consequent weakening of the squad.

I'll leave it to others to decide if it's asset stripping or not.

IMO The Samba scenario mirrors epitomises everything that is wrong at our club, it is rotten to the core.

The current regime that is BRFC, Venky's and Kean have made a mockery of its supporters and have destroyed completely the good name that is Blackburn Rovers. In a paltry 13 months the club has lost its stock amongst the footballing world and is simply a club that is laughed at and ridiculed. All the time the current owners have gone into hiding, the current board members (if there are any) are nothing more that faceless muppets and we, the support and lifeblood of the club, are left clueless, incommunicado from the outside and are stuck with a manager that really has to be the most hated man ever who has been within the walls of Ewood Park.

I wonder just how the families of the late Jack Walker, William Bancroft and Bill Fox are feeling right now ? Throughout my time as a Rovers fan, I have seen the club at the very bottom and at the very top. We have witnessed the relegations to Div 3, the promotions, the cup wins at Wembley, numerous play off failures then success, the promotion to the big time, the winning the league, more cup glory in numerous semi final slots, relegation once more, Jacks tears, the Souness era ending with promotion back to the big time, more cup glory, European adventures and the reputation of becoming the most well run coub in the football world. All the times above have been with a solid team at the helm, grafters on the board, people with common footballing nouse, business sense, passion but ost of all PRIDE in the name of BRFC.

What we see now rubbishes the name of our club. Venky's and Kean have destroyed the infrastructure of the foundations set by those named above. Together they have abused each and every supporter of the club and continue to do so with lies lies and more lies. The incompetent buffoonery that is going on behind the scenes is making a mockery of our clubs ethic and for me, it has destoyed my belief in the club I love.

The club is a poisoned chalice at this very moment. I dont agree with everyones view abiut Kean and Venky's but I have to ask those who bestow support for them. CAN YOU EXPLAIN ANY POSITIVENESS THAT YOU SEE THEY BRING ?

Together they have destabilised the club, we are in debt, have no cash flow, have sold the best players and replaced with mediocre players and they have constantly lied about ambitions and potential signings and investments.

We dont even have a club sponsor ans I dont see queues of companies lining up to take the mantle. The sponsor logos around the ground are getting less every game, the corporate side of the club is virtually non existant, bills are not being paid and the bank is calling in money that should really have been put in by its owners. the operating side of the club is a shambles. The onfield exploits are questionnable as defensive wise Rovers couldnt keep a clean sheet against a pub team f blind people.

I will be writing to Paul hunt asking for an explanation of current events howeveer I dont really expect a response.

BRFC is a farce heading to oblivion. As sad as it is I am already making alternative arrangements for my saturday afternoons next year.

Thanks Kean, thanks Venkys. As far as I am concerned you lot are nothing more than pure unadulterated scum.

Great post 1864. Well said. Time to feck off Venkys.

Agree great post 1864.. but I am holding out hope that we get relegated and someone like the fans trust buys the club.

Personally believe that if they had of just got a half decent manager we would not be in this situation now, in just getting Jnr to sign a contract we would of recouped the cost of sacking Kean and made enough to pay for a new manager just on the cost of the player never mind I doubt we would be anywhere near the relagation places so would of made the money back there as well.

I will go nuts if we have another season of those fools in charge of our club.

Hmmm! .........Be very careful what you wish for. Remember that Mr Bruce is still unemployrd, and we currently have his great friend and buddy as our assistant manager!!

Fife-----i very carefully would prefer Bruce to Kean any day of the week.

Salgado and Nelsen I agree, but Emerton wanted to go back home and Kean let him. That's not a lack of respect. Selling Nelsen was a terrible decision.

As you rightly point out, Samba had many reasons for wanting to leave and I do not blame him in the slightest for wanting out. IF he has refused to train or play then I consider that to be completely inexcusable. Having valid reasons for wanting to leave the club and refusing to play are two very different things.

"Selling Nelsen"? I think you'll find that we gave him away.

Just read your stuff 1864 -pretty much sums it all up.

Pressure off venkys now for a while as barclays will be back in the money and our debt reduced-phase 1 therefore accomplished.Phase 2 follows the minute we sign into the Championship by selling everyone else who looks like we could get a fee for and therefore be sat owning a club with most if not all their money recouped and probably showing profit on the deal. At the same time the outside world takes on the Kean was shafted , never had a chance with those fans and owners selling his team from under him whilst replacing them with pub players.

So fans up in arms in the summer, no season tickets getting sold so Venkys(bowing to fan pressure!!!) lob the keys in 2 weeks before we start life in championship.Supporters Trust running round like idiots trying to fumble together a few quid to take it on with no cashflow and no players.Then they have the task of spending most of the fans money firing the manager to get any fans back on board and assemble a team to play whilst deciding between them who is going to take charge.

It is a truly horrific prospect =we are like the rest of their chickens--- well and truly stuffed.

Graham Jones get back on your soapbox and make somebody listen and act in high places.This is a scandal!!!

Archived