BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Samba Set To Sign For Anzhi

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maybe not.

A classless statement on a classless individual?

He was referring to the two bit statement on the Venkys Rovers website. Absolutely no class. Sums up everything about the club quite nicely. I detest the owners, detest the manager, detest the so called Board that "run" the club in the UK, detest the Press releases, detest the entire diversive nature of the PR issued. What exactly is there left to like about the club in 2012?

I only hope that the cash generated from the sale may somehow mean Venkys are a little closer to making an exit. There's not much left to sell now I'd have thought in player value. So why wait around now?

These despicable silent faceless individuals are a disgrace to their country. Get out of our club.

Phil Jones - Sold

Diouf - Released

Emerton - Released

Kalinic - Sold

Roberts - Sold

Nelsen - Released

Andrews - Sold

Samba - Sold.

Replaced with - Orr, Dann, Simon, Petrovic, Goodwillie, Yak, Rochina, Formica.

WOW! Rovers under Venky's

Yep, gone from second rate to fourth rate in no time at all.

But for Yak, we may already be relegated.

I have no clue, because I havent seen those matches yet. If its because of an own goal from Petrovic and a howler from Robinson I wont say that has cost us.

That's why I initially said "Hindsight may well tell us ....... " but you said "No Way". rock.gif

Just in case anybody needed reminding that our manager and people running the club are bare-faced liars.

Oh, also http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/NewsDetail/0,,10303~2568810,00.html - guess they forgot to tag on the end "unless a Russian club bids £12m. Easy mistake to make.

They probably did have no intention of selling him but once it became clear they were dealing with a child of a player refusing to play for the club he's contracted to, what were they meant to do? We're not City, we can't afford to let a player rot. £12m makes a great deal of difference, if only to keep the wolves at bay.

Or someone who is not prepared to back down when they believe they are in the right?

Maybe you have more in common than you think, DGS.

Sadly, I have little in common with Mr Samba. Certainly not his physique or his bank balance. I believe that he is a liar and hopefully I don't share that with him either.

Opinions seem to be polarised on his actions which I find difficult to understand. I suppose anyone is entitled to believe that Samba's stance was all about principle just as some of us are entitled to believe that is a load of bullshine.

He was referring to the two bit statement on the Venkys Rovers website. Absolutely no class. Sums up everything about the club quite nicely. I detest the owners, detest the manager, detest the so called Board that "run" the club in the UK, detest the Press releases, detest the entire diversive nature of the PR issued. What exactly is there left to like about the club in 2012?

I only hope that the cash generated from the sale may somehow mean Venkys are a little closer to making an exit. There's not much left to sell now I'd have thought in player value. So why wait around now?

These despicable silent faceless individuals are a disgrace to their country. Get out of our club.

Cant disagree.

Samba wanted out under the Walker family and Big Sam.

Samba didn't want to play for rovers!!!

We NEED PLAYERS who want to play for Rovers!!!

We needed quality to get us out of this mess, and all we've done is sold. Anyone can take the easy option and say Samba was sulking. He never asked for a transfer under the trust or Sam, and if you look back on his twitter account from last year he refuted all the paper claims. It's a horse sh*t cop out to suggest this is anything other than a disgrace. Another lie to add to the list. The money means jack cos we can't invest in the squad. Not that those creatures from Pune would anyway. We've been systematically ripped to pieces.

I am the same - I ###### hate these illegitimates "running" our club, fans are walking away in their droves.

Sorry to pick on you DGS but these two posts show how blinkered people are with the Samba situation.

Sadly, I have little in common with Mr Samba. Certainly not his physique or his bank balance. I believe that he is a liar and hopefully I don't share that with him either.

Opinions seem to be polarised on his actions which I find difficult to understand. I suppose anyone is entitled to believe that Samba's stance was all about principle just as some of us are entitled to believe that is a load of bullshine.

On the one hand, Samba is the devil incarnate who has absolutely no right to be as appalled with the club/manager/owners as the fans, and is simply greedy.

Cant disagree.

Yet on the other hand criticism of Venkys is absolutely fine.

Why can't the two be linked?

Samba has been a fine servant to this club ON THE PITCH (if not always of it) and JW would certainly have put out a statement with much more class than that.

• Backroom

They probably did have no intention of selling him but once it became clear they were dealing with a child of a player refusing to play for the club he's contracted to, what were they meant to do? We're not City, we can't afford to let a player rot. £12m makes a great deal of difference, if only to keep the wolves at bay.

Pretty sure they would have known well beforehand what Samba's reaction was going to be. Keep in mind most of these quotes are from AFTER Samba stating he wasn't going to play for us again.

If you want to believe it wasn't in the plan to sell him that's your choice. I imagine it was simply a case of a club hitting the right valuation.

Samba ... good luck in russia ...

anybody says samba left for money .... its BS ...he choose the first flight out that venky's allowed ... if this money will be used to sack coco and for project "SURVIVAL" ... WELL DONE ... but alas LOGIC and venky's do not go hand in hand

How in gods name can this be used for project''SURVIVAL''??? Window shut and jan was supposed to be business done early with decent reinforcements.The club is a joke and its now a game of venkys and kean taking the p1ss out of each other.Does anybody know if they actually still speak to each other?

The decisions being made are now looking like a deliberate attempt to stick it to the fans for their attitude towards Venkys and kean.Its almost like they are dreaming up ideas to punish us .Never known anything like this in my life. Roll on summer season ticket sales .Our club is now officially knackered and it will be way beyond anybody to pull it back once these morons have finished .

Sorry to pick on you DGS but these two posts show how blinkered people are with the Samba situation.

On the one hand, Samba is the devil incarnate who has absolutely no right to be as appalled with the club/manager/owners as the fans, and is simply greedy.

Yet on the other hand criticism of Venkys is absolutely fine.

Why can't the two be linked?

Samba has been a fine servant to this club ON THE PITCH (if not always of it) and JW would certainly have put out a statement with much more class than that.

Was Samba appalled with the club when he and his army of agents agitated for a move at every opportunity under the Trust and Allardyce? Sorry but if you are extolling Samba as some kind of champion of the anti Venkys cause he is a pretty odd choice.

Never good to lose our best players, especially when they can't/won't be replaced-

but we couldnt't have expected to get much more money than this for Samba from any English club....

but "we" won't see any of it. We just limp along to the next financial crisis.

Letting Nelsen go for fook all looks an even better decision now doesn't it?! ###### idiots running the club these days, from top to bottom.

+1

How in gods name can this be used for project''SURVIVAL''??? Window shut and jan was supposed to be business done early with decent reinforcements.The club is a joke and its now a game of venkys and kean taking the p1ss out of each other.Does anybody know if they actually still speak to each other?

The decisions being made are now looking like a deliberate attempt to stick it to the fans for their attitude towards Venkys and kean.Its almost like they are dreaming up ideas to punish us .Never known anything like this in my life. Roll on summer season ticket sales .Our club is now officially knackered and it will be way beyond anybody to pull it back once these morons have finished .

+10

Was Samba appalled with the club when he and his army of agents agitated for a move at every opportunity under the Trust and Allardyce? Sorry but if you are extolling Samba as some kind of champion of the anti Venkys cause he is a pretty odd choice.

Things have got gradually worse year on year but the last 3 transfer windows have been the pits. Do I blame him for wanting out? No.

Do I blame him for wanting out now? Hell, no.

Samba has always given 100% on the pitch - even during every previously unhappy transfer window.

Following broken promises by the new regime, Samba said he "wasn't 100% for the club".

How can anyone be surprised, shocked or upset with that statement? Yet the spin doctors have had a field day.

We won't be seeing any players of Samba's quality in a Rovers shirt for a LONG time, that's for sure, if ever again.

Venkys buying the club must be the worst thing to happen to it in its 137 year history. Yet here we are blaming the first and only player to take a stand against them.

Sorry, but that's rubbish. He could have stayed, proved his real worth in helping to keep us up - then sealed a move in the summer to a proper club in a proper league with real ambitions.

This is a move that has found our Chris out as just another money-grabbing shyster.

Stayed ?? Proved his worth ?? what are you on ... kean would drive him to the airport if not for his disqualification to drive ...

if other clubs offered more money to venky's he'd be gone in january ....

Things have got gradually worse year on year but the last 3 transfer windows have been the pits. Do I blame him for wanting out? No.

Do I blame him for wanting out now? Hell, no.

Samba has always given 100% on the pitch - even during every previously unhappy transfer window.

Following broken promises by the new regime, Samba said he "wasn't 100% for the club".

How can anyone be surprised, shocked or upset with that statement? Yet the spin doctors have had a field day.

We won't be seeing any players of Samba's quality in a Rovers shirt for a LONG time, that's for sure, if ever again.

Venkys buying the club must be the worst thing to happen to it in its 137 year history. Yet here we are blaming the first and only player to take a stand against them.

+100

Sorry, but that's rubbish. He could have stayed, proved his real worth in helping to keep us up - then sealed a move in the summer to a proper club in a proper league with real ambitions.

This is a move that has found our Chris out as just another money-grabbing shyster.

Wrong his contract would still have had another 2.5 years to run in summer. What makes you think we would have let him move on then? Don't forget the Venkey mob have been proven liars many times over.

Stayed ?? Proved his worth ?? what are you on ... kean would drive him to the airport if not for his disqualification to drive ...

if other clubs offered more money to venky's he'd be gone in january ....

Completely agree

Yet here we are blaming the first and only player to take a stand against them.

We could end up going round and around on this one so I think we'll have to agree to disagree. My final word on this is that far from taking a stand against Venkys Samba took a stand for himself. 'Fair enough' some might say but in doing so he refused to play for the club that paid him thousands per week, set an appalling example (as captain) to the club's many young players, let down his colleagues and spat in the faces of Rovers supporters.

A very good player that I'm glad to see the back of.

Project "Survival" is not staying in the PL only ... its also abt paying the bills... these nut jobs trying to run our club like a call centre in india ....

deliberately selling him out of window or i would even go to say ...they were praying for a deadline day bid ...

Did you come down with the last rain shower danger19? Fact is that if we don't sign money grabbing shysters then we won't have any players whatsoever. :rolleyes:

Archived