BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Samba Set To Sign For Anzhi

How is it good news for Rovers fans that, instead of dipping into their pockets, Venky's have sold our captain to finance debt?

Cos this portion of the debt has at least been cleared, rather than just left outstanding? Meaning the players & staff get paid?

The Venkys were not going to clear the debt (that they've built up) from their own monies are they?

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's not forget that we had a 20m debt before Venky's took over, which it appears Barclays have called in. While I would have preferred Venky's pay it themselves, it would have taken their spending on the club to 50m in less than a season, and clearing our debt is all I care about as far as finances are concerned.

If this repayment means we are now debt free, financial issues are sorted and we can somehow avoid relegation than that will be a great result for our club.

Whatever happens after, whether with these owners or new ones, we are in a more stable position to push on.

Push on to what?

i can see why venkys have done it, but i strongly object to it!

rovers needed samba on the pitch!

I dont understand some of the bitterness towards him.

i'll remember him fondly for his performances. a colossus in every sense. a warrior and a leader. Sad day. :(

+1

Blame Venkys for this!

Samba has done enough for this club already. Why should he bust his balls when he has had the wool pulled over his eyes

Cos this portion of the debt has at least been cleared, rather than just left outstanding? Meaning the players & staff get paid?

The Venkys were not going to clear the debt (that they've built up) from their own monies are they?

So the cycle just repeats? Venkys will build up debt and then flog our best players to fund it?

That well is running dry and Steve Kean can't pull rabbits out of hats like Hughes/Allardyce did.

Let's not forget that we had a 20m debt before Venky's took over, which it appears Barclays have called in. While I would have preferred Venky's pay it themselves, it would have taken their spending on the club to 50m in less than a season, and clearing our debt is all I care about as far as finances are concerned.

If this repayment means we are now debt free, financial issues are sorted and we can somehow avoid relegation than that will be a great result for our club.

Whatever happens after, whether with these owners or new ones, we are in a more stable position to push on.

The selling of Samba condemns us to relegation , so don't kid yourself .....We have championship players , playing in the big league ,,

I just hope that minutes after our relegation on or before the last game at Chelsea ..Venkys and Kean just go and never return ....

i'll remember him fondly for his performances. a colossus in every sense. a warrior and a leader. Sad day. :(

I agree ....This is relegation confirmed by our non caring owners ..

+1

Blame Venkys for this!

Samba has done enough for this club already. Why should he bust his balls when he has had the wool pulled over his eyes

He wanted to go way before Venky's arrived - I remember his toys going out of the pram 3 times at least under the old regime.

The fact he's chosen to go to Russia to play for a nothing club only cements the fact that cold, hard cash is his only motivation in life.

Good luck and thanks for the memories Chris - pity you've become a greedy b*stard and your credibility as a top-level footballer pretty much ends today though.

I believe the feeling from some fans is that Samba's been looking to jump ship for awhile now, even when we were a stable, well-run club. So they believe it has very little to do with Venky's failing on their promises and that he's simply took the opportunity to get his 'big move' while the club's in a state (on and off the pitch).

I believe the feeling from some fans is that Samba's been looking to jump ship for awhile now, even when we were a stable, well-run club. So they believe it has very little to do with Venky's failing on their promises and that he's simply took the opportunity to get his 'big move' while the club's in a state (on and off the pitch).

That may well be true , but we would be better off with him playing in the run in , than not !

He wanted to go way before Venky's arrived - I remember his toys going out of the pram 3 times at least under the old regime.

The fact he's chosen to go to Russia to play for a nothing club only cements the fact that cold, hard cash is his only motivation in life.

Good luck and thanks for the memories Chris - pity you've become a greedy b*stard and your credibility as a top-level footballer pretty much ends today though.

I actually thing the exact opposite.

It's all about opinions, I suppose.

The selling of Samba condemns us to relegation , so don't kid yourself .....We have championship players , playing in the big league ,,

I just hope that minutes after our relegation on or before the last game at Chelsea ..Venkys and Kean just go and never return ....

I agree ....This is relegation confirmed by our non caring owners ..

Hmm Doomsday eh, I think not, Samba has not played for two months probably peed off quite a few of the first teamers with his continued antics, so get a grip on reality and who knows the incumbents in the team may step up to the plate, oh and if Samba has gone, thanks for the memories and good luck.

So he's never mentioned leaving until Venky's, he's going to a Russian backwater purely to put his and the club's name on the world map, and he's taking a pay cut to do so? Yeah right .... ;):P

I was under the impression Samba always acted well under the previous regime. He made it clear that he may be looking to move on if a Champions League club came in for him. But when nothing materialised he carried on playing for the club and performing exceptionally.

The only time Samba has acted extremely is in the last 2 months. He was made promise after promise this time last year. It was soon realised that these promises were complete guff by a set of Indians who don't have a bloody clue. Couple that with the fact that he will have lost faith in Kean a long time ago and you start to see why he wanted to leave even more.

They have treated him as they have treated us. With lies, deceipt and a complete lack of respect. Why on Earth should he carry on playing for these Charlatans?

And when are fans going to realise that 99.99% of footballers are completely motivated by money ffs!! If a company came upto you and said look, were going to offer you your salary plus half on top of that if you come an work for us. Whereas the next company (who arent quite as succesful) came along and said we'll triple your salary, where would you go?

You've never been a footballer. Samba has been one for years. To him it is just a job. Do not make the mistake in thinking footballers share the same opinion as you do in your daydreams. This is real life to them, not make believe. Money is the biggest motivator

By selling our best players we can plug our funding gap caused by negligent owners not putting their own money in, if we manage to stay up.

That "if" is just so much small print.

I think this just consigned us to the drop. Once we go down, the sh1t will really hit the fan. Or should I say, the fan will hit the sh1t.

agreed.

samba wanted a trasnfer before the V´s arrived, but there were never talks about him refusing to play. Infact he still did a great job under sam and the trust, despite wanting away. Nothing wrong with him trying to fulfill his dreams, but nevertheless he still performed and did what was expected of him. In the meantime things changed and samba was presented with a new reality, a reality that made him dig in his heels and say stop.

how many senior players have now left, andrews, emerton, nelsen, samba, roberts and salgado well on his way, but somehow samba leaving, is only his fault. Even the V´s personal assistents can see a pattern here.

Samba wasnt for sale, it was stated and here we are, served with yet another lie from these slumdogs.

Imo its no coincidence, that samba was sold after the transfer window closed, as that means The V´s cant buy a replacement and by the time the summer transferwindow arrives, those millions from this sale, will be long gone.

We've been selling our best players, usually at times not of our choosing, since Mike England left. Under the last regime we built up an overdraft of 20million, WHILE STILL SELLING OUR BEST PLAYERS and thus losing Hughes remember, that was always a sword dangling over our heads.

Since our new Finance Director arrived we have been clearly doing everything possible to cut our cloth more according to our means, even if prompted only by Venky's backing away from the club.

Let's face it, if nothing had changed from the summer, we looked likely to go down and most unlikely to survive the financial impact. All the changes made in the last few months are increasing our chances of going down and also increasing our chances of surviving it.

Many on here used to trot out Jack's quote of us needing to wash our faces financially. Now that someones is actually implemented the means to achieve that, albeit for the wrong reasons, everyone is outraged.

I always thought JW's linking of league place to wage bill was misleading: there was correlation but not causality. They are correlated not least because of all the win/place bonuses paid. There is no causation because the disastrous decision to increase our wage bill in one year by 20% 3 years ago a) coincided with us declining on the field and B) used up all the headroom given us by the big increase in tv monies. Our wage bill is 20-30% higher than West Brom's I believe before the recent cull. It had to end sometime.

So he's never mentioned leaving until Venky's, he's going to a Russian backwater purely to put his and the club's name on the world map, and he's taking a pay cut to do so? Yeah right .... ;):P

I've already made my points on this - many times Mark. Including just this morning in the other Samba thread where this news was first posted.

I. Do. Not. Blame. Samba. For. Wanting. Out.

Once we go down, the sh1t will really hit the fan. Or should I say, the fan will hit the sh1t.

Now that is quote of the year material. Topman can keep his cracker jokes from 1987. :P

Rovers have lost a good player. But sadly it was also a player who often said he wanted to leave. If, and a big IF he was refusing to play, then the club cashing in maybe the best result. An unhappy player in the squad is not going to help the squad. Is it a good move - no. Were the club put in between a rock and a hard place - possible. Would we have got this money off another club in the summer - I doubt it. So somebody else would have had to be sold to pay Barclays - who are the only winners in this.

Samba did well for Rovers. But Rovers did well for Samba, brought him to the club, gave him a good contract etc. Samba threw his dummy out and wanted to leave. Reportedly refusing to play. What choice did the club have. Even if they went down the legal route of breaching contract - he still would not be playing whilst that was going on. Rovers need players on the pitch giving their heart for the club. Not sulking around the place. Take the money and send him to the cold of Russia.

We've been selling our best players, usually at times not of our choosing, since Mike England left. Under the last regime we built up an overdraft of 20million, WHILE STILL SELLING OUR BEST PLAYERS and thus losing Hughes remember, that was always a sword dangling over our heads.

Since our new Finance Director arrived we have been clearly doing everything possible to cut our cloth more according to our means, even if prompted only by Venky's backing away from the club.

Let's face it, if nothing had changed from the summer, we looked likely to go down and most unlikely to survive the financial impact. All the changes made in the last few months are increasing our chances of going down and also increasing our chances of surviving it.

Many on here used to trot out Jack's quote of us needing to wash our faces financially. Now that someones is actually implemented the means to achieve that, albeit for the wrong reasons, everyone is outraged.

I always thought JW's linking of league place to wage bill was misleading: there was correlation but not causality. They are correlated not least because of all the win/place bonuses paid. There is no causation because the disastrous decision to increase our wage bill in one year by 20% 3 years ago a) coincided with us declining on the field and B) used up all the headroom given us by the big increase in tv monies. Our wage bill is 20-30% higher than West Brom's I believe before the recent cull. It had to end sometime.

I'm sorry selling the club's best players, along with sacking all competent members of staff at all levels is not the way to run a football club.

This 'prudent' downsizing in all departments in preperation for a future of lower league football is sickening, largely due to the fact that 18 months ago we had top people in place who could run a club on a shoestring anyway.

And end it will, if it hasn't already.

It's just a shame that after doing so well for 10 years on modest income, it's virtually ended within less than 18 months.

I wonder what changed.

Archived