BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Samba Set To Sign For Anzhi

I hate Venky's and Kean as much as any of you. But objectively, i think the sale of Samba to Anzhi is the best outcome we could have reasonably hoped for. He has not been playing for a while, so we have in reality not been "weakened". He has not strengthened any of our relegation rivals. We have staved off the bank at least till the summer. Don't get me wrong though, I still want Venky's and Kean out. Everything Venky's have done is shambolic. And Kean's latest about how he feels that majority of fans are behind him? I wonder what pills he's on.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He has not been playing for a while, so we have in reality not been "weakened".

In reality we are weakened I would say. Samba not playing in our defence makes us weaker both defending and attacking wise imo. Just because he's not played for a little while doesn't mean that everything is going to be ok.

As I said, as much reason as there is to dislike the club and its management at the moment, they have probably dealt with this one as best as possible. They gave Samba as much time as possible to get over his little sulk, did their best to fend off any interest during the transfer window and have tried to get a good fee for him. In the end he refuses to play, so he has to go. We have sold him for a good fee to a side that we will never play. It would have been ideal to have been able to bring in a replacement for him, but realistically we should be fine with three centrebacks.

His decision to move to a Russian side is an indication that he isn't moving for purely footballing reasons and that all this talk of feeling let-down by the club's inability to live up to its promises is nonsense. This is a player who has tried to leave the club before and has regularly become unhappy in and around the transfer window. As captain he disrespected his fellow players, the supporters and the club by refusing to play and by publicly stating that he was no longer fully committed to the cause. I wish him the best of luck and I hope that he rots away in a mediocre league that gets no attention from outside of Russia, playing for a club that is unlikely to ever sell him in order to allow him to 'advance' his career and that he enjoys playing against a standard of opposition that would often struggle in the championship. His bank account will look nice, but he is signing for a club run by incredibly seedy individuals.

In reality we are weakened I would say. Samba not playing in our defence makes us weaker both defending and attacking wise imo. Just because he's not played for a little while doesn't mean that everything is going to be ok.

Sorry I wasn't clear. I meant it in the context of Samba having thrown the toys out of the pram, possibly feigning illness not to play, giving no indication that he was willing to play, and the clown Kean having not, and clearly was not going to pick him again. So effectively we've already lost Samba's services back in early January. Sad.

What more is there to say Den,what more is there to say!

:angry2:

Well, if they really respected the club and fans, they could come out of their bunker and explain to people why they have taken the course, since they've been our owners, that they have.[Keeping Kean, selling players - the whole lot].

Their problem with that, is that there's no reasonable explanation that the fans could accept. The truth about all this, is that we know they've blown it big time. I think they know it too. I bloody well hope they do, 'cos if they don't the club's finished.

Perthboy - Libelous comments and 'owners' errors aside (again).

Would you have preferred that he stay, even though he refused to play whilst being paid for it? Or would you prefer that he be sold to one of our competition?

It's quite possible the sitation would have never got this far _if_ the stuff Samba had been told came to pass

Answer me this MG Road...

What possible motivation did your bosses have to make the kind of brash statements they did about players? And did they really think that buying in the dross they have is going to appease the fans?

Talk of marquee world beaters and delivering players from lower leagues and Scotland? Give me a break!

And now what? We're supposed to be happy that Samba is going because he was demotivated?

What a farce, and if reports are to be believed the money is going to pay the bank debt and other clubs owed fees?

Hopeless, don't know why I bother wasting breath...

I actually thing the exact opposite.

It's all about opinions, I suppose.

Given what the majority of fans think about our ilustrious owners and Coco their puppet, is it any wonder that Samba has exactly the same views and wanted out? He was much closer to the scene of the fiasco that is now our once-proud club. Fabulous servant to the club over 5 years and absolutely no critisim from me in his leaving. As with many before him he/we have been denied the opportunity to wish him well for the future and say a proper farewell to the fans.

As I said, as much reason as there is to dislike the club and its management at the moment, they have probably dealt with this one as best as possible. They gave Samba as much time as possible to get over his little sulk, did their best to fend off any interest during the transfer window and have tried to get a good fee for him. In the end he refuses to play, so he has to go. We have sold him for a good fee to a side that we will never play. It would have been ideal to have been able to bring in a replacement for him, but realistically we should be fine with three centrebacks.

His decision to move to a Russian side is an indication that he isn't moving for purely footballing reasons and that all this talk of feeling let-down by the club's inability to live up to its promises is nonsense. This is a player who has tried to leave the club before and has regularly become unhappy in and around the transfer window. As captain he disrespected his fellow players, the supporters and the club by refusing to play and by publicly stating that he was no longer fully committed to the cause. I wish him the best of luck and I hope that he rots away in a mediocre league that gets no attention from outside of Russia, playing for a club that is unlikely to ever sell him in order to allow him to 'advance' his career and that he enjoys playing against a standard of opposition that would often struggle in the championship. His bank account will look nice, but he is signing for a club run by incredibly seedy individuals.

Sorry pal but there's no way that a Premier League team can get by on three centre halves. Especially as one of the three is a stump, one other has an history of heart trouble and the third is just out of the reserves. If I didn't know before I know now. Venkies have cast us adrift.

seedy individuals ? - should be fully acclimatised when he gets there then

What a farce, and if reports are to be believed the money is going to pay the bank debt and other clubs owed fees?

Hopeless, don't know why I bother wasting breath...

Are these the same reports that claimed Dundee were still waiting for their Goodwillie installment ?

Ben Haim as a short term replacement anyone - I am sure Pompey would like his wage of their debit sheet.

Let's not forget that we had a 20m debt before Venky's took over, which it appears Barclays have called in. While I would have preferred Venky's pay it themselves, it would have taken their spending on the club to 50m in less than a season, and clearing our debt is all I care about as far as finances are concerned.

If this repayment means we are now debt free, financial issues are sorted and we can somehow avoid relegation than that will be a great result for our club.

Whatever happens after, whether with these owners or new ones, we are in a more stable position to push on.

Stable?!... is not a word I would have chosen to use.

For me, if he wasn't going to play for us again then it's a good move all-round.

He gets to play with people like Eto'o, Zhirkov, Roberto Carlos, Tardelli and a few other genuinely class players and we get some much needed funds.

Ultimately if this sale allowed us to finally be rid of that arrogant and incompetent piece of dirt that is Kean, I'd consider it one of the best pieces of business the club has done in recent times.

He wanted to go way before Venky's arrived - I remember his toys going out of the pram 3 times at least under the old regime.

The fact he's chosen to go to Russia to play for a nothing club only cements the fact that cold, hard cash is his only motivation in life.

Good luck and thanks for the memories Chris - pity you've become a greedy b*stard and your credibility as a top-level footballer pretty much ends today though.

:lol: Hell hath no fury like a roversfan scorned. :rolleyes:

Big Chris is not a BRFC supporter rem. Why should he be? You need to mature a little mark. How many of our other players do you think would stay here given the offer Samba will have received?

Are these the same reports that claimed Dundee were still waiting for their Goodwillie installment ?

Ben Haim as a short term replacement anyone - I am sure Pompey would like his wage of their debit sheet.

Yes, various reports out there that monies owed to the bank, other clubs and our own staff - if, as has been suggested that is coming to a head then you have to think that the modus operandi was to get sufficient money in to clear the immediate debts.

BUT, this model is seriously flawed, notwithstanding what we'll do for the next payment stage in 4/5 years time we will not be able to command fees in the region of 10m Goodwillie or Anderson will we?

Re: replacements, hasn't the ship sailed on that?

Get lost Samba, good riddance.

i agree. fed up with him wanting to leave for the last 4 transfer windows at least!!!

Samba wants to big for big club so moves to Russia. very weird or just he mean the amount of letters in team name :lol:

he has gone there for the cash and cash only.

i wouldn;t be surprise if Pompey release him to get him of wage bill then he sign for us a couple of days later.

i wouldn;t be surprise if Pompey release him to get him of wage bill then he sign for us a couple of days later.

At that point it really would all seem like a bit of a sick joke. Tal Ben Haim replacing Chris Samba??!!!!!

Anyway, good luck in Russia, Big Chris. You've been a great player for Rovers, shame the club/league you have moved to suggests you were only really ever after the cash.

• Backroom

He gets to play with people like Eto'o, Zhirkov, Roberto Carlos, Tardelli and a few other genuinely class players and we get some much needed funds.

Indeed, playing against world class opposition such as Rostov, Terek Grozny, Volga, Krasnodar, Amkar Perm and Tom Tomsk.

I would name some of the big names he'll be matching his wits against but my mind goes blank.

Good luck Chris, you'll need it for a number of reasons.

i agree. fed up with him wanting to leave for the last 4 transfer windows at least!!!

Samba wants to big for big club so moves to Russia. very weird or just he mean the amount of letters in team name :lol:

he has gone there for the cash and cash only.

Glad you find something funny about it Chaddy.

We are paying players who will never kick a ball in anger for the first team and we've just sold our best player and have no intention of replacing him.

This appears to have become club policy.

This was Samba's last chance to get out of the club and he took it. That tells me he was desperate to leave.

What an absolute shambles.

Archived