BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Samba Set To Sign For Anzhi

Surely now is the time for all disparate groups to come under one umbrella and just be brfcvenkysfookoff.com - catchy and easy to understand - I am actually in two minds whether to watch the game tomorrow - I feel an Arsenal coming on - why, why, why do they want to carry on with us.....now they seem to be cash even, is someone still telling them we are a cash cow (no pun intended) - what is really in it for them - despite all the speculation because they won't speak, nobody knows.....it couldn't be worse.....until tomorrow at 7.15 - realise this is Samba related but could be in any thread now he's going/gone - will miss him, he would have been an even greater legend under decent owners, sadly we ain't got any

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sadly, I have little in common with Mr Samba. Certainly not his physique or his bank balance. I believe that he is a liar and hopefully I don't share that with him either.

Opinions seem to be polarised on his actions which I find difficult to understand. I suppose anyone is entitled to believe that Samba's stance was all about principle just as some of us are entitled to believe that is a load of bullshine.

What evidence have you that Samba is a liar? If you can even have 1 reason I'll be able to give you 10 that prove the Venkeys to be natural born liars.

Samba wanted out under the Walker family and Big Sam.

Samba didn't want to play for rovers!!!

We NEED PLAYERS who want to play for Rovers!!!

You mean like Bruno and Myles Anderson? You mean like Josh Morris who has been dreadful for the Reserves all season and gets a new contract? The simple truth is no decent player will want to play for these owners soon. It would appear that selling anyone and anything is the name of the game and replace it with anything that's cheap. That's what Blackburn Rovers has now become under the wonderful world of Venky's!

He must have either really been desperate to get away or is being paid a king's ransom at the rich Russian club, or perhaps both. Would have had more respect if he'd have moved to a top European club in January, but perhaps no clubs made a serious bid for him. In someways if he's not going to play, you may as well as sell him and reduce the wage bill. That would be in a club run in the normal manner, but you can't help but think that all these transfer fees and wage reductions are never going to be seen again and are well and truely going to one place only, the Venky's magical bank vault.

Letting Nelsen go for fook all looks an even better decision now doesn't it?! ###### idiots running the club these days, from top to bottom.

It really is quite staggering. I don't see how Venky's could've done a worse job if they tried:

Stripped away established board-room? Check.

Sacked experienced manager and replaced with Zippy from Rainbow? Check.

Allowed grubby agents to control the club? Check.

Sold key talent without reinvesting the money? Check.

Sold/Released experienced pros and club stalwarts? Check.

Driven club into debt crisis with the bank? Check.

Allowed the club to become relegation-fodder? Check.

Alienated the fanbase? Check.

At least Pompey & Leeds had some fleeting success before they sank (FA Cup & Champions League respectively). Venky's have made one calamitous move after another since day one. It really does boggle the mind how it's come to this in such a short space of time. All we need now is John Spartan to finish the job.

he refused to play for the club that paid him thousands per week, set an appalling example (as captain) to the club's many young players, let down his colleagues and spat in the faces of Rovers supporters.

But did he ? A lot of posters seem to be assuming that Samba has been refusing to play. However, unless I missed it, there is no proof of this.

But did he ? A lot of posters seem to be assuming that Samba has been refusing to play. However, unless I missed it, there is no proof of this.

Thought he missed the last game due to a "sore" back and a "tight" hamstring.

Sorry to say this, but I never really believed that Blackburn would go down until now. With Hoilet and Yakubu up front, the goals would come, but without Samba at the back, rovers defence is well gash. Samba makes about 87% of all clearing headers (completely baseless number, but you get the idea). It's a puzzling move all around though. He is no doubt making an obscene sum of money, but I can't see this doing his career and his legacy any good.

The club would have got rid of him without any sentiment if he suffered a bad injury or wasn't competing at the top level anymore, and his aim was always to maximise his earnings. There is very little else to it. He can't pretend his problem with the club was ambition, because all he's going to find in Russia is an uncompetitive league and abusive fans. Winning the Russian league would hardly be a feather in his cap, and he won't be challenging for the Champions League any time soon.

Samba was a very good player, but there was no point keeping him because he wasn't going to play again and his wages were a drain on the club's already strained finances. For that reason it is best that he is gone.

Ubelievable. We're in a relegation scrap, keep him until the summer.

He's been on strike for weeks so how on earth would he have helped us fight relegation? He's a grade A wankbag - and we've got great price for what I've always said is a very average player.

He proved to be a liar Gordy. Like your hero Lucas Neill.

Yak yak yak. Lied about his reason for leaving but least he told the truth to all parties about his intentions from 18 months before his contract was due to expire. At least the club knew where they stood and had the opportunity to cash in on him. Not many other do that do they?

He's been on strike for weeks so how on earth would he have helped us fight relegation? He's a grade A wankbag - and we've got great price for what I've always said is a very average player.

Which is no good if you can't use it to avoid relegation. Why not take take a few million less to re-invest?

Venkys buying the club must be the worst thing to happen to it in its 137 year history. Yet here we are blaming the first and only player to take a stand against them.

Exactly. This mboard is absolutely chock full of anti keane and anti venkey feelings with good reason, as also is the town and the supporters of BRFC. Added to that we see much criticism of anybody who supports the Venkeys from our own players (Roberts and Dunn) to opposing managers to the press and media yet somehow some skewed individuals are criticising Samba for sharing the feelings of the fans.

Like me he has simply had a bellyfull of the evil btsrds.

A very good player that I'm glad to see the back of.

Looking into my crystal ball I doubt you will ever again see a better one.

Not been on site for a week, now terminally depressed. It seemed there was consensus pre Christmas and some purpose to protest, now it just looks like we're screwed. It's amazing how effective the V have been by simply ignoring their customers. Sad days.

Yak yak yak. Lied about his reason for leaving but least he told the truth to all parties about his intentions from 18 months before his contract was due to expire. At least the club knew where they stood and had the opportunity to cash in on him. Not many other do that do they?

Which is no good if you can't use it to avoid relegation. Why not take take a few million less to re-invest?

How is paying someone sixty grand a week to rock the boat helpful in any way? Get the bad apple as far away from the club as possible - and to be fair, I doubt that the money will be re-invested into the team at any point.

He proved to be a liar Gordy. Like your hero Lucas Neill.

Evidence please.

Tell you what derryk. You are the worst type of BRFC supporter. The type that always needs a scapegoat to detest and a fall guy to hiss and boo.

You whine about him leaving Blackburn on a principle and probably to better himself both in career prospects and financially yet you have emigrated to australia recently!! How exactly does that compute in your head?

Sorry to say this, but I never really believed that Blackburn would go down until now. With Hoilet and Yakubu up front, the goals would come, but without Samba at the back, rovers defence is well gash.

Our defence has been gash all season and yet we sit in 17th place (albeit on gol difference). We have to face it that we are probably not going to keep a clean sheet this season but as long as we keeping scoring then I can see us escaping relegation.

The club would have got rid of him without any sentiment if he suffered a bad injury or wasn't competing at the top level anymore, and his aim was always to maximise his earnings. There is very little else to it. He can't pretend his problem with the club was ambition, because all he's going to find in Russia is an uncompetitive league and abusive fans. Winning the Russian league would hardly be a feather in his cap, and he won't be challenging for the Champions League any time soon.

Samba was a very good player, but there was no point keeping him because he wasn't going to play again and his wages were a drain on the club's already strained finances. For that reason it is best that he is gone.

Gus Hiddink and Eto have obviously made the same mistake. :rolleyes: Tell you what Jeru you'll see that lot win more than BRFC in the coming years or I'm a dutchman......

btw you still here? I thought you couldn't wait to leave these shores too.

How is paying someone sixty grand a week to rock the boat helpful in any way? Get the bad apple as far away from the club as possible - and to be fair, I doubt that the money will be re-invested into the team at any point.

I agree so why not sell in January.

The only reason is so Venkys can get more money - which is fine but as you say it is going to be reinvested in the team. People are sceptical that we are being asset stripped, they believe more that it's bad management, but if Venkys where trying to cash in on Samba for their own benefits and not reinvest in BRFC could they have done this any better over this transfer window than what has happened??

Get the bad apple as far away from the club as possible

I think Kean is still manager Pedders. The guy who slags the fans off, gave Nelsen and Emerton away, treated Salgado appallingly (is he still here?) tells lies (and everyone believes him, apart the fans), yep, he's still here. Meanwhile Samba has bailed out, for a large amount of money (for him and Venky Rovers) admittedly, but I can't blame him.

It's surprising that more players don't want away. Brockhall must stink of Kean bullshit.

I liked Samba a lot but I'm glad he's gone and we can now draw a line under this whole sorry episode.

He was determined that he wasn't ever going to play for us again and, while I sympathise that the owners broke various promises, he was happy to sign the long contract and take the cash.

I don't envy him going to what sounds like a very strange club in Russia (commuting 2000 miles to home games?) but this move proves a couple of things.

Samba is driven by money and he's clearly not as ambitious as he would have us believe.

Wouldn't surprise me if he throws his toys out of the pram after a year in Russia and ends us back in Europe.

I'm just glad he won't be lining up for anyone in the Prem and coming back to Ewood and scoring against us. That would make me puke.

Russia?!!! F'kin mercenary. I know things are rotten at Rovers right now, but i'd sooner this leech was gone. Yes he was literally head and shoulders above anything else we've got, but he is the archetypal footballing scumbag we should all despise. Our game is rotten and it is down to greedy sorts like this.

I know i'll be in the minority, but good riddance. The family values which Rovers have lost under Venky's are equally at threat from blood suckers like Samba. I wonder if his footballing ambitions will be fullfilled in Dagestan. I think not.

On a side note, why would a pro black pro footballer head to Russia with all the racist crowd malarkey? It must be his professional ambition which has driven him to it. Tw@t.

Archived