BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Samba Set To Sign For Anzhi

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Was it the fans fault?....

No, never, the fans are never wrong. Look at Keith Andrews - they said he was no good for the Premier League and erm..... Ironically it looks like he was in the end, but we aren't.

It's a shame the fans had to be so right when it came to Keith, because we could do we him now. Not only did he score crucial goals in our last desperate struggle to stay in the league, but he also covered for long periods at central defence, over Kisanishvilli who was recognised at that position.

Thank goodness for our super dooper fans who know so much though. They saw how much stronger we'd be without Keith, and how much of a moral boosting effect it would be for the other players to see one of their hard working team mates booed by his own fans. It's been onwards and upwards ever since.

Has poetic justice arrived for those fans? The trouble is all of us suffer of course. Shame :(

• Backroom

No, never, the fans are never wrong. Look at Keith Andrews - they said he was no good for the Premier League and erm..... Ironically it looks like he was in the end, but we aren't.

It's a shame the fans had to be so right when it came to Keith, because we could do we him now. Not only did he score crucial goals in our last desperate struggle to stay in the league, but he also covered for long periods at central defence, over Kisanishvilli who was recognised at that position.

Thank goodness for our super dooper fans who know so much though. They saw how much stronger we'd be without Keith, and how much of a moral boosting effect it would be for the other players to see one of their hard working team mates booed by his own fans. It's been onwards and upwards ever since.

Has poetic justice arrived for those fans? The trouble is all of us suffer of course. Shame :(

Have to admit Keith you've had a pretty good start at WBA. Cheers for putting one past Wolves the other week :)

Just read your stuff 1864 -pretty much sums it all up.

Pressure off venkys now for a while as barclays will be back in the money and our debt reduced-phase 1 therefore accomplished.Phase 2 follows the minute we sign into the Championship by selling everyone else who looks like we could get a fee for and therefore be sat owning a club with most if not all their money recouped and probably showing profit on the deal. At the same time the outside world takes on the Kean was shafted , never had a chance with those fans and owners selling his team from under him whilst replacing them with pub players.

So fans up in arms in the summer, no season tickets getting sold so Venkys(bowing to fan pressure!!!) lob the keys in 2 weeks before we start life in championship.Supporters Trust running round like idiots trying to fumble together a few quid to take it on with no cashflow and no players.Then they have the task of spending most of the fans money firing the manager to get any fans back on board and assemble a team to play whilst deciding between them who is going to take charge.

It is a truly horrific prospect =we are like the rest of their chickens--- well and truly stuffed.

Graham Jones get back on your soapbox and make somebody listen and act in high places.This is a scandal!!!

We all know this is looking more and more like what was planned all along. It seems to be becoming more and more obvious every week.

This has been like watching a car crash in slow motion for far too long.

Let's not forget that we had a 20m debt before Venky's took over, which it appears Barclays have called in. While I would have preferred Venky's pay it themselves, it would have taken their spending on the club to 50m in less than a season, and clearing our debt is all I care about as far as finances are concerned.

If this repayment means we are now debt free, financial issues are sorted and we can somehow avoid relegation than that will be a great result for our club.

Whatever happens after, whether with these owners or new ones, we are in a more stable position to push on.

:blink:

Still every commentator say sellIng Samba may be difference between staying up and relegation. Most clubs sell their high wage bill players after and not before they go down! That said, we could not have long gone on as I think 9th highest wage bill in country with about 30th (if that) highest match day revenues. Before I think our player quality was maybe best (with QPR) chaos of bottom five. Now it is not. It will be wonderful if with this we can still stay up.

From Kean's latest statement, it looks like the reason Samba was not playing was not that he was on strike but that he was being frozen out until he toed the line.

It is reported in the LT today that the club sold Samba once they had received a better offer than the one in January and because Samba had wanted to leave and had not apologised for his public comments.

Kean is quoted as saying "The pivotal point was that Chris did not want to apologise, didn't want to withdraw his transfer request and was very adamant that he wanted to leave and that played a big part in it". Kean had not tried to talk Samba round but said that "If somebody is genuine with their apology, they want to be back in the squad and apologise for their conduct then I'm sure everybody would have accepted Chris back in again".

He doesn't play for us anymore Jonnolad, what are you doing on here?!!!!!!

We all know this is looking more and more like what was planned all along. It seems to be becoming more and more obvious every week.

This has been like watching a car crash in slow motion for far too long.

In relation to a break down of stages during a car crash we are probably at the 'slam on the brakes' stage. There is much worse to come, that wall is getting closer and closer!

From Kean's latest statement, it looks like the reason Samba was not playing was not that he was on strike but that he was being frozen out until he toed the line.

It is reported in the LT today that the club sold Samba once they had received a better offer than the one in January and because Samba had wanted to leave and had not apologised for his public comments.

Kean is quoted as saying "The pivotal point was that Chris did not want to apologise, didn't want to withdraw his transfer request and was very adamant that he wanted to leave and that played a big part in it". Kean had not tried to talk Samba round but said that "If somebody is genuine with their apology, they want to be back in the squad and apologise for their conduct then I'm sure everybody would have accepted Chris back in again".

This is the key statement for me. As you say, it suggests that - much like JW - Samba would not toe the line.

Still, he was being paid £60k plus so Kean and co are entitled to publically humiliate him - and then expect him to perform on the pitch.

I've never known a manager get to the point where he can make any statement he wants, however contradictory it is to previous statements, and not get grief in the press over it. He should have a turnip for a head right now, yet he is portrayed as the brave man soldiering on. Well "brave" in the sense of standing behind a bodyguard, pointing and shouting.

• Backroom

Nice to know the reason we let our best defender go, without bringing in a replacement and despite the fact he would have played until the end of the season, was because he wouldn't say sorry. :lol:

Nice to know the reason we let our best defender go, without bringing in a replacement and despite the fact he would have played until the end of the season, was because he wouldn't say sorry. :lol:

More Kean lies:

20th Jan:

"I spoke with him yesterday and he knows he is not for sale. The day before he handed in a transfer request, that has been refused and we won't welcome any more bids and Chris knows the stance of the club,"

27th Feb:

Without telling the figure, the figure we got was different to the figure we were offered in January,” said Kean.

“We were strong in our stance to say that the bid that we got in the January window was undervalued for what we thought Chris was worth.

So, he was actually for sale in January, at the right price. Shocking treatment of yet another player. No one is going to want to sign for these jokers.

Didn't Samba say they got on fine?

Are you deriding him as a Venky's stooge as well?

No, I was just asking you a question.

Perhaps they did get on fine, or perhaps Samba is trying to leave without directing any rancorous comments at the dressing room or the management because he wants us to stay up.

Take your pick, according to your preference.

someone at work told me that samba and robinson were involved in a scrap around december, thats why robinson was dropped for a few games, anyone else heard this?

Robinson allegedly had a row with Kean after the Wigan away game, Kean tried to slaughter Robinson for applauding the fans at the end of the game, Robinson was having none of it though.

Nothing to do with Samba as far as I know.

Robinson allegedly had a row with Kean after the Wigan away game, Kean tried to slaughter Robinson for applauding the fans at the end of the game, Robinson was having none of it though.

Nothing to do with Samba as far as I know.

I remember seeing Robinson going to applaud the fans after the game, it was on SSN. Kean was going after him, yelling his name. Looked a bit strange at the time.

No, I was just asking you a question.

Perhaps they did get on fine, or perhaps Samba is trying to leave without directing any rancorous comments at the dressing room or the management because he wants us to stay up.

Take your pick, according to your preference.

I will, as we all do. I'll plump for the former as, if he wanted us to stay up, he could've show that in more productive ways over the last 6 weeks

IMO there are too many reasons to hate Kean and Venky's without people inventing them, and the one that get's my goat is the never-ending attempts to show he has lost the dressing room when he patently hasn't.

Archived