BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Samba Set To Sign For Anzhi

Not strictly true Philip. On this occasion I qualify as an itk'er. ;) Dann's actual transfer fee was in the region of 2 million, the 7m figure includes his wages over the length of his contract. ;)

The reason for the deception was to

a. Brum were in desperate straits financially and needed to get him off the wage bill after they were relegated. (not a dissimilar parallel to our current player cull).

b. do it without causing unecessary outrage amongst the bluenoses.

and

c. Make it look like Rovers were paying more than they really were? Perhaps to mislead fans into thinking that a decent chunk of the Jones/Kalinic money was spent?

All that cash going out but Barclays were having kittens...something just doesn't add up.

Well, not unless you consider less honest possibilities...

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So how great would it have been to claim we got £20m for Samba then based on the same criteria? Would've been a great PR move blush.gif

Brum had been relegated whilst we are still in a desperate battle to avoid it having just disposed of our two most experienced centre halves in just over a month. 12m / 20m / 100m... We'd still never have seen any of it materialise on the pitch. In our case it would have led to ever greater resentment and accusation of asset stripping.

"On a positive side, now we know everyone we have in the dressing room wants to be here. We will all be pulling together."

Hoilett? Dann? Formica? N'Zonzi not well enough to play but well enough to be on the bench?

Just keep trotting out those clichés Steve.

(Please don't use that word again) you $amba what ever happened to loyalty

Loyalty!!! :lol: Are you for real? Anybody who expects loyalty in professional football needs certifying.

Just as an aside and considering the level of loyalty shown by this lot to the likes of Allardyce, MacDonald, Williams, Finn, Goodman, EHD, Salgado, Nelsen and even their tame apologist puppy Jason Roberts why on earth do you expect any loyalty to be returned from the players? If you are looking for loyalty buy a dog. :rolleyes:

Loyalty!!! :lol: Are you for real? Anybody who expects loyalty in professional football needs certifying.

Just as an aside and considering the level of loyalty shown by this lot to the likes of Allardyce, MacDonald, Williams, Finn, Goodman, EHD, Salgado, Nelsen and even their tame apologist puppy Jason Roberts why on earth do you expect any loyalty to be returned from the players? If you are looking for loyalty buy a dog. :rolleyes:

+1

+10

Totally agree.

Even to look at it another way - are fans loyal to players/managers?

Look at the stick Pedersen and Dunn come in for - many people are happy to advocate playing the likes of Rochina and Vukcevic instead. Look at the grief Wenger is getting from Arsenal fans after 16 years of constant top four finishes.

Fans are just the same imo. If they think there is a chance of bettering themselves (in this case, getting players in the team they support) then all loyalty goes out of the window and it becomes ruthless. Just like players themselves when bigger clubs come calling.

We're all the same really...

So it seems Rovers, according to Cryer & LT and He gets it right more than others, received closer to £7m than the 'reported' £12m.

Doesn't surprise me as more in line with his value.

We may have to take this with a pinch of salt, Mman. There is a direct quote from Samba that 'They bought me for £12m' whereas Cryer's info comes from unnamed sources.

Of course, both could be right ! Anzhi paid £12m and Rovers received £7 with £5m going elsewhere !

We may have to take this with a pinch of salt, Mman. There is a direct quote from Samba that 'They bought me for £12m' whereas Cryer's info comes from unnamed sources.

Of course, both could be right ! Anzhi paid £12m and Rovers received £7 with £5m going elsewhere !

In the back of a tuk tuk en route to India I'd imagine.

'Venky's assure fans there's no plan to sell more key Rovers stars'

Can't say I find that very reassuring.

As Cousin Vinny says, 'It was not our intention to sell Chris Samba..(but)..we had to respect his wishes because he wanted to leave'. So what happens if someone else wants to leave ?

'Venky's assure fans there's no plan to sell more key Rovers stars'

Can't say I find that very reassuring.

As Cousin Vinny says, 'It was not our intention to sell Chris Samba..(but)..we had to respect his wishes because he wanted to leave'. So what happens if someone else wants to leave ?

The same as always happens and has always happened at Rovers - they will leave. That has nothing to do with Venkys.

True.

Aside from perhaps Yakubu, do we currently have any players that other teams are queuing up for?

Not really but neither do Bolton. Wigan and Wolves whilst Villa, WBA, Swansea, Norwich etc will have any decent players poached next window or so. . Next in our 'definately not fire sale' may be N'Zonzi, Robbo, Original Ollie and Junior.

• 2 weeks later...

MG.Road, on 29 February 2012 - 16:20 PM, said:We call them rickshaws here. Tuk-tuk's are Thailand (I think).

(£10.5m is the figure I heard)

:unsure: when i was in goa the drivers called them tuk tuks!

When I was working in Nashik and Pune they were refered to as tuk tuks

the pedal taxis were refered to as rickshaws

outed again MG?

Archived