BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Samba Set To Sign For Anzhi

Cloth cutting, or frantically trying to recover from some disastrous football and financial decisions that are entirely down to the Raos? Get ready for some more cloth cutting next season when the remaining squad is shown up for what it is.

I've had enough of these idiots Exiled, and I'm not prepared to start making excusus for them. Between the three of them, they've totally and needlessly decimated, probably beyond repair, a superbly well run football club.

T***ers, the lot of 'em. I can't find words to describe how I loathe them.

Indeed.

Wasn't it the Venky's who helped inflate the wage bill in the first place, putting everyone on a bigger whack? It seems like for the same outlay on salaries, we've lost the boardroom talent and a big part of the football talent.

My anger knows no bounds. It's like watching someone you loathe handing your treasured possessions to a pyromaniac homicidal dyspraxic glue-sniffer while your feet are super-glued to the ground.

I watch on in abject horror.

• Replies 377
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Cloth cutting, or frantically trying to recover from some disastrous football and financial decisions that are entirely down to the Raos? Get ready for some more cloth cutting next season when the remaining squad is shown up for what it is.

I've had enough of these idiots Exiled, and I'm not prepared to start making excusus for them. Between the three of them, they've totally and needlessly decimated, probably beyond repair, a superbly well run football club.

Let's get one thing straight.

When Venky's took over, Rovers were financially stable and virtually breaking even.

IMO, it's Venky's gross mismangement that has seen revenue dip ( league placing, season tickets, shirt sponsor, commercial etc) and costs soar (unnecessary pay-offs, agents' fees, ill-conceived new contracts for Nelsen, Salgado, Roberts, Samba etc in order to prop-up Kean last Jan.).

Falling revenue, soaring costs - a recipe for disaster which we could see coming with a £19m loss for 2010/11.

IMO, it is all of Venky's making and now we are seeing panic measures merely to stay afloat.

Absolutely shambolic.

If I could I'd +1 both these posts.

Unfortunately something like this was always Venkys/Keans plan.

I'm just surprised they didn't sell Junior on the last day of the jan window too.

This is the pain we have to suffer to rid ourselves of Kean and Venkys, then so be it I say.

The truely sad thing is we have a good crop of Kids to build a decent team from but they will all be sold.

And don't for one minute believe that this was n't the plan from the start.

I'm absolutely amazed that some are seeing this as a good move. All this does is keep the bank off the clubs back for a while. Decisions like this should be take for the good of the club. Nothing Venky's have done is for the good of the club. It's all been one massive cost cutting manoeuvre for the good of Venky's. The smart move would have been to sell Samba, who was obviously unhappy, and reinvest in the squad. Actually the smart move would have been to keep their disgusting mitts as far away from Ewood as possible. Words cannot express my utter disdain for these creatures.

What more is there to say Den,what more is there to say!

:angry2:

Yet another of Keans failings.

Still, good riddance, he obviously wasn't interested in playing again so what can we do?

Many of the issues that we are witnessing are, IMO, a sympton of the shambolic management of the owners and Kean.

With JW & SA still here, we would most likely still be enjoying Phil Jones, Chris Samba etc and a top 8 slot.

Guest Rovers4Good

Good luck to him if it's true and if i was in his situation i'd be out of here as well.

Kean should have said if he doesn't want to play then tada but also remember him saying he wasn't for sale bla bla bla?

Taking a while to conclude is this !!!

A last minute hitch would really goose the Rovers' finances !!!

Now would Samba do that ???

Might be worth a cheeky quid or two that he wont go.

I had a punt on him going Newcastle, (got a tip, can't remember who from :) )

"The club’s players live and train in Kratovo, a village near Moscow. The training base was previously used by Saturn Moscow Oblast for training sessions. The club fly in for home matches. This is for security reasons and entails, according to the BBC, "flying about 1,250 miles (2,010 km) 15 times a season" for the home games."

I hope he enjoys himself ^_^

As I said in another thread, Samba would be staying with us unless somebody was willing to pay silly money for him. Though I heard we received less than £12m (maybe taxes and fees would account for the rest). But from what I hear, the main selling point was that he wouldn't go to an EPL team which would hurt our chances to stay up.

IMO it worked out as well as we could've hoped, short of the offer being made 1 month ago.

As I said in another thread, Samba would be staying with us unless somebody was willing to pay silly money for him. Though I heard we received less than £12m (maybe taxes and fees would account for the rest). But from what I hear, the main selling point was that he wouldn't go to an EPL team which would hurt our chances to stay up.

IMO it worked out as well as we could've hoped, short of the offer being made 1 month ago.

Worked out quite well?,why? are the scum getting to the money before Barclays?, push forward plans to open XPRS Paris quicker?, Blingy getting a new car? or Madame (always thought that was the owner of an house of ill repute , but hey the cap fits) gets money to give lover boy Keano another pay rise for his part in the destruction of BRFC? or she using the money to pay her legal fees in the land deal court case?,

It may have escaped your attention but Myles Anderson the son of your owners "just like a family member" might not be quite ready in the next 30 years to step into Samba's shoes

Perhaps its just worked out well so the money can "vanish" before the transfer market opens again and the plan to relegate comes to fruition and the exit strategy kick's in

So lets get this straight - we've sold on Phil Jones and now Chris Samba, effectively replacing them with Scot Dann and Bradley Orr?

Just shows the awful lack of ambition at Rovers these days...

And an awful lack of judgement by awful people running the show from dugout to chicken house !

Perthboy - Libelous comments and 'owners' errors aside (again).

Would you have preferred that he stay, even though he refused to play whilst being paid for it? Or would you prefer that he be sold to one of our competition?

MG Road I would prefer an adequate replacement purchased so that when the inevitable sale occurred we would be ok, as it is one of our CB's is banned and we have TWO left, one happens to be inexperienced.

Surely the owners can see how the fans were going to react? Especially when the money is going towards paying off a debt they have added to.

I would have preferred Samba playing and owners who have respect for a club that was once a beacon for other clubs in it's management and running, a manager appointed by the owners in place who knows what he is doing, the Samba situation as been escalated by promises being broken and people who have no place in owning a football club treating highly paid professional athlete's like dirt Salgado, Nelsen etc.

We were told Samba wasn't playing because of injury, by a representative of Venky's one Mr Kean and that he would not be sold, if Mr Kean has lied then will he be fired promptly?.

What is the money going to be used for ? and why as it worked out quite well and for who?

What Imy said. Explain that away MG...

Indeed.

MG Road, in several months of being a member on this site you have been defended as someone not to 'scare off' because you are somewhere close to Venkys. However I don't recall you providing any information of any value or particular interest. Your contributions have been almost entirely limited to providing excuses for the Raos combined with some very patronising comments towards Blackburn and fans of Rovers.

You appear to be here today telling us what a good deal this is and how 'we' (you have said you are not a Rovers fan so why are you grouping yourself with us now?) should be happy about it. I am now of the view that you are simply here as a propaganda-merchant for Venkys. So personally I hope you ###### off.

Cheers.

Archived