BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Match Of The Day

Lawro drunk on motd tonight. Hardly spoken. Theyre avoiding talking to him. Disgrace. How he still gets on tv amazes me.

Can`t do with the twot,earlier on this season he had the nerve to call us numpties for protesting against the worst owners and manager the club has ever seen! :angry:

People have a pop at MOTD but its streets ahead of anything ITV have ever produced. Their Champions League/Europa League/England match coverage is appalling. Southgate, Childs and Townsend are atrocious. Give me Hansen/Lawro/Lineker over that lot any day.

totally agree!!!

BBC coverage of sport is in a complete better than ITV. F1 coverage on Itv 1 were shocking, much better on BBC1 and will be even better on Sky now!!!

Sky coverage of Football is class and excellent!!!

People have a pop at MOTD but its streets ahead of anything ITV have ever produced. Their Champions League/Europa League/England match coverage is appalling. Southgate, Childs and Townsend are atrocious. Give me Hansen/Lawro/Lineker over that lot any day.

The BBC coverage itself is fine, for example, Football Focus, MOTD2 etc are really well put together programmes.

It is just the complacent collection of pundits on MOTD1 that let it down.

Did Motty say "David Dunn for Wolves" at one point?

Admittedly he'd just given the ball away, but it wasn't that bad an error to suggest he was playing against us. ;)

Yes I heard that too. Now if in the first half last week he'd said Hoillett ofr villa that might have been accurate as he really did look like he was playing for them.

So you are saying MOTD is the least worst? Standards have really slipped. Hanson and Lawro are so deep in their comfort zones they may as well be asleep. Linekar used to be a hero of mine, nowadays he just seems smug.

Take your points about ITV but the best football highlights/punditry show is Goals On Sunday with Kamy. Honest observations and much more variety and comments from the guests. Unfortunately it's on Sky so it's not available to everyone.

Oh, and Motty may well be an institution all on his own but it's time he was put out to pasture. Can't stand the sound of his voice, it really grates!

So you are saying MOTD is the least worst? Standards have really slipped. Hanson and Lawro are so deep in their comfort zones they may as well be asleep. Linekar used to be a hero of mine, nowadays he just seems smug.

Take your points about ITV but the best football highlights/punditry show is Goals On Sunday with Kamy. Honest observations and much more variety and comments from the guests. Unfortunately it's on Sky so it's not available to everyone.

Oh, and Motty may well be an institution all on his own but it's time he was put out to pasture. Can't stand the sound of his voice, it really grates!

Well out of the three, ITV are far far worse. The pundits on BBC are reasonable on the whole. My main issue with the BBC coverage is Garth Crookes who is terrible. I have watched final score in years simply to avoid having to listen to him.

• Backroom

Hmmm... Channel 5 deserve a mention for awful football coverage. Stan Collymore as their sole pundit, horrific commentating and cutting managers off after about 20 seconds of interview time :lol:

Passing kidney stones is preferable to ITV.

What's your point?

The move to Salford should have given the BBC the opportunity to revitalise MOTD, but instead we see the same pundits in the same seats just in a different studio. MOTD2 for all it has the odious colin Murray does have better pundits in that I quite like Lee Dixon and they get different guests in quite often. It's still not great but then it is catering not for football fans but for those who like to know what went on in the premier league this week without having any real deep seated passion for football. Was it on here that I read that Lineker doesn't like being here in the North West anyway and hankers after the bright lights of London, although Medoa City has its fair share of bright lights, so perhaps we'll get a change sooner rather than later. Mind you, the BBC will probably give Saturday nights to colin Murray or even worse bring in Maniche from the Football League show who it appears they think of as a safe pair of hands.

Archived