BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Lions Sport Mix

OMG truly amazing. Usually a Haribo fan (not fussed which, I'll eat 'em all) but now I've found Sport Mix no other sweet gets a look in. Usually very clean eating and hardly drink but sweets really get me. What do you rate?

Oh and the 'Natural Sweet Company' snakes are good.

Sports mix are nowhere near as nice as they used to be IMO same with midget gems, bring back artificial colours and flavours!

Ah well, yes you are correct, however a company in Blackburn has Sports Mix in kilo quantities that uses the old flavours - the black ones taste like they should! Still love them all though.

the black ones taste like they should!

Really? The black ones from traditional Lions were liquorice and I find most shops that claim they sell the "old reciepe" still have blackcurrant black ones. I used to love lions wine gums when they were so hard they'd break your teeth. Then they sold out and made them all soft and fruity flavours

Really? The black ones from traditional Lions were liquorice and I find most shops that claim they sell the "old reciepe" still have blackcurrant black ones. I used to love lions wine gums when they were so hard they'd break your teeth. Then they sold out and made them all soft and fruity flavours

So they say: http://www.aquarterof.co.uk/lions-sports-mixture-p-210.html

Sports mix were made by Lions and then Maynards got em and they went downhill from there. The black ones are still available as Lions liquorice tablets I think. A full bag of the blighters will make yer gums sing!

Sports mix were made by Lions and then Maynards got em and they went downhill from there. The black ones are still available as Lions liquorice tablets I think. A full bag of the blighters will make yer gums sing!

Always used to hope you got the ones shaped like a cricket stump and ball because you could take that bit longer to eat it if you bit off the cricket ball and enjoyed that first.

Used to get 5 for an old penny when I was a kid.

Archived