BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Student Season Tickets

So recently I have been locked in a small email war with Rovers regarding Student Season Tickets.

I'm 22, and this season coming will be the first where I have not been eligible for a cheaper season ticket (i was still 21 at the time i renewed last season and as such was allowed to renew at the Young persons price).

Although I appreciate season tickets, even for adults, are cheap in comparison to other clubs, there is no chance i will be able to afford a £225 adult ticket.

I have tried to explain to Rovers that, considering the drop in attendance the club has seen recently, if I do not renew my ticket, they will not get that money back. As such, surely it is better that they get £145 off students, than get nothing at all.

Are there any other student on here? if so would you also give rovers and maybe we can force their hand on the matter

LOADS OF EM..... SPONGING DOLE DOSSERS AND STUDENTS SHOULDNT BE TREATED DIFFERENT .IN FACT DOLE DOSSERS HAVE MORE SPARE CASH THAN ME

Apart from unemployment being at an 17 year-high, you mean?

So recently I have been locked in a small email war with Rovers regarding Student Season Tickets.

I'm 22, and this season coming will be the first where I have not been eligible for a cheaper season ticket (i was still 21 at the time i renewed last season and as such was allowed to renew at the Young persons price).

Although I appreciate season tickets, even for adults, are cheap in comparison to other clubs, there is no chance i will be able to afford a £225 adult ticket.

I have tried to explain to Rovers that, considering the drop in attendance the club has seen recently, if I do not renew my ticket, they will not get that money back. As such, surely it is better that they get £145 off students, than get nothing at all.

Are there any other student on here? if so would you also give rovers and maybe we can force their hand on the matter

Get a job instead of studying - 22 years old your an adult. Students wrecked many towns in their protests - did you pay for the repairs.

• Backroom

Why not? Most students have less disposable income than the average Joe, just like with senior discounts.

So what about other unemployed people should they get the same discount?

People who have to pay CSA?

DIRTY SCRUFFY STUDENTS..GET A JOB AND PAY FULL LIKE THE REST OF US :angry2:

Not all students are 'dirty' or 'scruffy'. Why do you always try and be provocative? You make some good points but your ranting ways let you down.

I think with the prices as they are, us students have nothing to complain about. I for one won't be complaining about our prices anytime soon.

And you think all students should have jobs? Wow. A lot of jobs require a degree of some sort. See the hole in your 'logic' there?

haha rovers protesters are wrong and so are student ones pmsl

The student protests were wrong. Especailly the way they went about it. They chose study over work. If they cannot aford to study, then they should work.

• Backroom

good idea.

Well if the reasoning is that students have less disposable income then why not?

Fact is it isn't the price of our tickets that's the problem

Hmm, I'm just about to graduate, so couldn't give a toss about student prices... however I will say that I've had a season ticket for all three years of my degree and I've commuted costing £30 a pop to the vast majority of home games during that period. With a 200 mile return journey and £30x19 I doubt Rovers would find many more dedicated fans.

I knew Abs was going to jump in here with regards to CSA. Abs just one question any chance the CSA will let go of your bits long enough for you to consider buying a ticket for the next Brfcs sportsman dinner? :D I hope so as it would be a major honour to meet the bloke behind some of the most controversial posts.

Archived