BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Youth Academy Closure?

Hold on to your hat`s people here comes another rumour

Can anybody shed some light on this one, Venky`s are looking into merging the youth academy and the first team training facilities and selling off part of brockhall to a housing developer! this would allow reduced running costs of both facilities but reduce the youth academy`s capacity.

This is one without legs.

The situation is Venky's want us to believe they have invested a fortune in the Academy if miraculously Rovers are unveiled as having Category 1 status when Man U etc only have Cat 3 status.

The clever ruse is that the Academy has ceased to exist and the entire Brockhall complex is now used for Academy purposes. Hence the entire Brockhall set-up was inspected by EPPA when Rovers application for Cat 1 was examined two weeks ago.

The club is hopeful this approach will work...

The situation is Venky's want us to believe they have invested a fortune in the Academy if miraculously Rovers are unveiled as having Category 1 status when Man U etc only have Cat 3 status.

The clever ruse is that the Academy has ceased to exist and the entire Brockhall complex is now used for Academy purposes. Hence the entire Brockhall set-up was inspected by EPPA when Rovers application for Cat 1 was examined two weeks ago.

It's a good attempt, I'll give them that, but you want to see what Citeh are building! Been involved with a tender for it recently. You could include Ewood as well, and our wouldn't touch it. That will be a Cat 1 facility, there's no way I can see us getting it.

Unless of course the plan is to get in there first before anyone can see what Cat 1 facilities should look like!

So. The Academy isnt closing, just that its location is changing to Brockhall in an attempt to make the Acedamy's facilities look better for the Cat 1 application.

It's a good attempt, I'll give them that, but you want to see what Citeh are building! Been involved with a tender for it recently. You could include Ewood as well, and our wouldn't touch it. That will be a Cat 1 facility, there's no way I can see us getting it.

Unless of course the plan is to get in there first before anyone can see what Cat 1 facilities should look like!

Sorry about the above. Think the website had a dicky-fit when I tried to post - Probably due to the amount of traffic on here at the mo!

Venkean out!

Hold on to your hat`s people here comes another rumour

Can anybody shed some light on this one, Venky`s are looking into merging the youth academy and the first team training facilities and selling off part of brockhall to a housing developer! this would allow reduced running costs of both facilities but reduce the youth academy`s capacity.

the venkys dont own brockhall

Facilities make up such a small part of the grading in the EPPP. We have good enough facilities, now it's all about what we do and how we structure it all.

Wolves invested millions and got cat3.

So. The Academy isnt closing, just that its location is changing to Brockhall in an attempt to make the Acedamy's facilities look better for the Cat 1 application.

No, it isn't changing. In Mark Hughes' time as Manager he took over the original purpose built Academy building at the top of the hill, and moving the Senior Players up the from the Pavilion on the lower training ground and the Academy lads down. Both complexes are training grounds. What is happening is that the facilities are being upgraded (I don't know to what extent) and are being cited as one entity rather than separate ones.

No, it isn't changing. In Mark Hughes' time as Manager he took over the original purpose built Academy building at the top of the hill, and moving the Senior Players up the from the Pavilion on the lower training ground and the Academy lads down. Both complexes are training grounds. What is happening is that the facilities are being upgraded (I don't know to what extent) and are being cited as one entity rather than separate ones.

:rover: hark now speaks venkys mouth piece,whz not tell everyody your married to a asian,fook your culture your kind has destroyed my team.before i get banned tell me what these sc um bags have brought to blackburn :wacko::brfc:

roversmum' timestamp='1336564405' post='1259692']

:rover: hark now speaks venkys mouth piece,whz not tell everyody your married to a asian,fook your culture your kind has destroyed my team.before i get banned tell me what these sc um bags have brought to blackburn :wacko::brfc:

Waggy, those are vile sentiments.

I cannot condemn what you have said in strong enough terms. I'm ashamed that people like you support our club.

:rover: well fgook off and support burnley,these scumbags have killed our team,fook off and suck black straws cock :brfc::blush:

Archived