BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] About The On-Going Documentary

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Times, Independent and Guardian have laid the blame for our relegation and the club's plight fully at the door of Venky's and Kean so I assume the people with whom you are acquainted read the more downmarket stuff. As for the likes of Soccer (what's that?) Saturday and Sky, I wouldn't give them houseroom. Have you thought of widening your circle of friends ?

Jim... I'm sure you know that the combined circulation of those three newspapers does not amount to a third of the circulation of the Sun. Not only that but I'm sure a poll would reveal that a greater percentage of the Sun's knuckle dragging 'readers' claim to follow football. Sad but true.

http://en.wikipedia...._by_circulation

As for the documentary surely any media publicity which puts the FA, the Prem / corrupt agents and dodgy foreign ownership into the spotlight and plays some part in future regulation change can only be a good thing for football in the long term.

To RoyRover - I think your long post on the previous page was a brilliant summary. Frame it !

To anyone naysaying Rishis effort - Look, it may go no-where, but at least he's having a go, and I for one applaud anyone wholeheartedly who manages to convince even one other person of the fact that Kean has been the major contributing factor to the tragedy that has been Rovers the last 2 years.

My own view is that we are sadly missing a smoking gun. That remains why the vast majority of other fans just think that Rovers fans are a precious bunch of whingers, and we're all just p*ssed off cos we got relegated. What has been lacking (and what continues to be lacking), is some sort of scathing criticism from the ex-players. Sure, you will never get many on the inside to talk because everyone is worried about their own skin - but I'm really disappointed that we haven't heard publicly from Nelsen, Salgado or even Samba about what a massive c*ck-up the management at Rovers has been. I would have thought that someone would have said something by now. Very disappointing.

To RoyRover - I think your long post on the previous page was a brilliant summary. Frame it !

To anyone naysaying Rishis effort - Look, it may go no-where, but at least he's having a go, and I for one applaud anyone wholeheartedly who manages to convince even one other person of the fact that Kean has been the major contributing factor to the tragedy that has been Rovers the last 2 years.

My own view is that we are sadly missing a smoking gun. That remains why the vast majority of other fans just think that Rovers fans are a precious bunch of whingers, and we're all just p*ssed off cos we got relegated. What has been lacking (and what continues to be lacking), is some sort of scathing criticism from the ex-players. Sure, you will never get many on the inside to talk because everyone is worried about their own skin - but I'm really disappointed that we haven't heard publicly from Nelsen, Salgado or even Samba about what a massive c*ck-up the management at Rovers has been. I would have thought that someone would have said something by now. Very disappointing.

EHD will :tu: ..... but who listens to him?

from Nelsen, Salgado or even Samba about what a massive c*ck-up the management at Rovers has been. I would have thought that someone would have said something by now. Very disappointing.

Perhaps they have not spoken out because there is nothing to say. Perhaps they feel Kean is a good coach and he doesn't deserves criticism. Perhaps they feel Venky's are good owners and fans should get behind them. Perhaps, perhaps. The fact is footballers rarely speak out because they do not want to get a bad name within the game and they never know where they will need a job next.

Perhaps they have not spoken out because there is nothing to say. Perhaps they feel Kean is a good coach and he doesn't deserves criticism. Perhaps they feel Venky's are good owners and fans should get behind them. Perhaps, perhaps. The fact is footballers rarely speak out because they do not want to get a bad name within the game and they never know where they will need a job next.

Exactly. Look at the last man to point the finger at dubious dealings by agents etc etc. Never heard from Mike Newell since.

Rishi, couple of questions...

Have you been in touch with any of the investigational programmes out there, eg Dispatches on Channel 4?

Also, how much attention has gone on the conflict of interest scenario and implications - ie someone acting on behalf of the selling club and also the buying club?

I hope this documentary is successful. Putting questions to people who refuse to respond usually proves these people are at fault or guilty or whatever.

If the documentary doesn't go ahead, it might be worth asking Pat Condell to do his bit on You Tube for the cause.

Just a thought.

Dispatches are informed, that is ongoing.

Do you mean when the club was sold to Venkys or parties interested in buying club now?

I was referring to when Venky’s bought us.

In the famous SSN interview, it was highlighted that someone was looking for a buyer for the club (on behalf of the Trust) – at this time, apparently, there were 4-5 interested buyers. Of course, we know one of these was a tyre kicker (Syed). However, some believe there was a credible alternative to Venky’s. The same person, looking for a buyer, was also (apparently) acting on behalf of one of the buyers something which has conveniently been left out of any public interviews.

Archived