BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] About The On-Going Documentary

Hi,

I'm Rishi, i'm currently producing the documentary on the current state of affairs at Blackburn (mind you ever changing state of affairs)

Some of you might have heard about it. Some of you may have heard the interview on BBC radio lancs with Andy Bayes.

I'm happy to talk about the project, and answer questions about the project, as this is on behalf of Blackburn fans, showing the rest of the footballing nation just why there was a right to feel angered, frustrated, betrayed, whatever you want to call it, it is to make other people aware.

Coming from London, there is an open view, I believe, that from other areas of the country, Blackburn fans may be viewed upon as bad losers due to relegation. I wanted to prove everyone wrong on this view, and I believe I am already. It will show football fans exactly why the fans had a right to act and feel the way they do towards Kean / Venkys.

As I said, happy to answer questions and if you're on twitter follow @Squashed_Fox for more updates on project and also take a look at our very light hearted blog of our journey on the weeks shoot in Blackburn on brfcproject.blogspot.co.uk.

Thanks

Rishi

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In the BBC interview you stated that all your investigations hit a dead end. Have you come any closer to understanding the decisions being made throughout the Rao family's tenure at the club though? How much does the documentary go towards explaining Kean's continual presence at the club? It seems the Raos have no qualms in firing other employees at BRFC and even within their own company, but Kean has somehow retained their support (or at least that of Mrs D).

Very good question. Of course as you can imagine this has been a commonly asked question to the participants, and as you can also probably imagine, due to the incredible lack of communication, many of the answers have been opinions, what I can say is that there a a few people who give answers who are very informed in terms of knowledge about the club, and you have to go with plausible reasoning as opposed to accusations with no evidence, that's what I was getting at in interview. Don't get me wrong, is there wrong-doing? Maybe. Will we ever find out? Probably not no.

Sounds like a right waste of time with no tangible outcome or answers.

I'd be suprised if any mainstream channel shows this.....

No need for cynical pessimism.

This is exactly what we, as Rovers fans, need as a fight back against the unwarranted criticism brandished against us for our attitudes towards Venkean. This kind of effort deserves support. What other TV production firms are investigating this on behalf of our plight? Even IF, 'which I do not for a moment believe,' it wasn't accepted on mainstream TV, thats not to say youtube isn't a good enough force to gain the necessary momentum to make a difference...

Hi,

I'm Rishi, i'm currently producing the documentary on the current state of affairs at Blackburn (mind you ever changing state of affairs)

Some of you might have heard about it. Some of you may have heard the interview on BBC radio lancs with Andy Bayes.

I'm happy to talk about the project, and answer questions about the project, as this is on behalf of Blackburn fans, showing the rest of the footballing nation just why there was a right to feel angered, frustrated, betrayed, whatever you want to call it, it is to make other people aware.

Coming from London, there is an open view, I believe, that from other areas of the country, Blackburn fans may be viewed upon as bad losers due to relegation. I wanted to prove everyone wrong on this view, and I believe I am already. It will show football fans exactly why the fans had a right to act and feel the way they do towards Kean / Venkys.

As I said, happy to answer questions and if you're on twitter follow @Squashed_Fox for more updates on project and also take a look at our very light hearted blog of our journey on the weeks shoot in Blackburn on brfcproject.blogspot.co.uk.

Thanks

Rishi

Very good idea. I am aware, as you are, the way other supporters are talking about Rovers supporters. I live on the south coast and have constantly heard rovers fans vilified because of events last season. Even when you explain it to them the same answer comes back. "you either support your team or you don't" Or even whatever politics behind the scenes at the club, let others get on with it. Supporters support the team.

But then you get comments such as "something must be going on, that we don't know about' Then when they ask questions and you answer. They are doubtful because they think either the prem or the FA would have stepped in by now, if the things you say are true.

It is possible that the reasons have not been put over widely enough. Especially as most of it is on the Internet and rovers related website, such as this one. But if your not a Rovers supporter, you are not likely to want to visit a rovers related website.

So your project will be worthwhile in order to explain to others the situation at Rovers and how the fans feel about it etc.

Sounds like a right waste of time with no tangible outcome or answers.

I'd be suprised if any mainstream channel shows this.....

It doesn't matter, if not it'll go out on the web. The "What is Going On at Blackburn Rovers video" has had over 10,000 views on YouTube. I'm sure a more in depth documentary with interviews with all concerned parties will get more views.

It could even be an ongoing web project if Rishi wanted, as if someone offered to be interviewed later on these things can always be revised and updated.

So your project will be worthwhile in order to explain to others the situation at Rovers and how the fans feel about it etc.

Exactly. Rishi asked me to help film a handful of these interviews, the ones around Blackburn and one in Manchester. I asked him what the story was that he was trying to convey and he said that he, as a London based Rovers fan didn't know one other person who was aware of the clubs plight. His documentary is not to "expose" the secrets. If some are exposed then all to the good, but his documentary is more about making those who don't know, aware of what's already happened and making it a bigger issue outside of Blackburn. One of the guys in the crew is a West Ham fan and after every interview that I attended he was enlightened and in some cases shocked at some of the things he'd heard.

The amount of time and effort that's being put into it is extraordinary. Rishi's even put his own money into it to get himself and his crew up here and hire equipment to shoot it with, so let's cut him some slack. We don't need comments like "it's a waste of time" from the prophets of doom amongst us. Like any endeavour it may well be, but it may well do some good in the long run. Anyone who puts their balls on the block to do something for the club, all from their own initiative, is a top guy with me.

It's just a shame that one of the main contributors pulled out at the last minute and asked to re-arrange for later in the month as obviously this delays the project.

I certainly wouldn't deem this a waste of time.

I am in talks with channels, and it has generated an interest. My biggest aim is to get this on tv, I believe it will be a fantastic voice for Blackburn fans. I understand that there are going to be pessimistic fans. Especially after the past 18months. I completely understand that.

All I can say is that the documentary is going well. There is a great community feel about it and the message that is getting out there will most certainly raise eyebrows up and down the country.

In terms of 'un-covering'. Not sure what you want uncovered if there's nothing out there? If you have something by all means pass it my way.

Thanks

Rishi

BRFC is a warning to all football to follow the German example (which I think I am correct in saying) where no overseas 'investor' can own more than 49% of any football club.

Hope you get enough concrete background info to direct many searching questions to Mr Anderson.

All I can say "Thank You so much" for all your efforts to document and put on film the hell us Rovers fans have had to endure for 20 months with no sign of a change.. Just hope it's not aired while I'm in Croatia 18th -30th July

Good luck with everything, brilliant effort

IIn terms of 'un-covering'. Not sure what you want uncovered if there's nothing out there? If you have something by all means pass it my way.

I would say it's a pointless exercise unless you can shed some new light on events at Ewood over the past 20 months.

It's also pointless unless you can get all the leading participants to talk on camera - and that means owners Desai etc, Anderson, John Williams, Finn, Allardyce, Kean, and the top players such as Nelsen, Salgado etc who have been forced out.

Then it would be worth watching.

I would say it's a pointless exercise unless you can shed some new light on events at Ewood over the past 20 months.

It's also pointless unless you can get all the leading participants to talk on camera - and that means owners Desai etc, Anderson, John Williams, Finn, Allardyce, Kean, and the top players such as Nelsen, Salgado etc who have been forced out.

You can't expect those who have signed NDA's to speak on camera. However if you'd like to contact some of those people on Rishi's behalf and convince them otherwise I'm sure he'd appreciate it.

In fact if anyone knows anyone who would be a worthy contributor, please contact Rishi.

Have attempted to make contact with all of the above. There is still time to speak to these people too. Not that it will be pointless if none of the above are interviewed because as I said its for a much broader audience than just Blackburn fans.

You can't expect those who have signed NDA's to speak on camera. However if you'd like to contact some of those people on Rishi's behalf and convince them otherwise I'm sure he'd appreciate it.

He's the programme maker - it's up to him to get to the bottom of the story and unearth something new. A decent journalist would be able to get the right people to talk

A "documentary" rehashing known events like many others on TV would be a waste of time.

BRFC is a warning to all football to follow the German example (which I think I am correct in saying) where no overseas 'investor' can own more than 49% of any football club.

And there's another thing Alf ....

As a good Thatcherite I assume you believe in free open markets in which case you should celebrate the fact that foreigners can buy all our football clubs.

After all, your heroine encouraged foreign companies to come in and buy our leading industries and look where that got us..........

Yes well there are many people who have been interviewed and also people being lined up for interviews. What they say, and some of the participants names, remain confidential until release. So we'll have to wait and see before the judgement comes to the forefront. I'm pretty sure there are no 'decent journalists' who have got John Williams, Tom Finn, to speak so far.

• Backroom

Rubbish.

The amount of people I talk to about Rovers who have no clue what's going on at the club is staggering. I've lost count of the amount of times I've had to defend myself and other fans who have protested against Kean and Venky's, after being told I'm "not a true fan" and Kean "is a nice guy" and "it's not his fault". If this documentary got any TV airplay or even a lot of youtube views it can only be positive for Rovers fans as it would mean a lot less ignorant people judging Rovers fans as cretins based on what the pillocks on Soccer Saturday say about us.

can you cut it in such a way that shows what the current true situation and feelings are and then it immediately flips to how the media eg the likes of that jim bloke from sky have portrayed us.

Well done for your efforts, mate.

As Jim said, there is no harm in at least knocking on the doors of Williams, Finn et al. The worst they can do is refuse - and if you could persuade some of them to talk it could turn a good documentary into something really special.

He's the programme maker - it's up to him to get to the bottom of the story and unearth something new. A decent journalist would be able to get the right people to talk

A "documentary" rehashing known events like many others on TV would be a waste of time.

To be fair Jim there have been plenty of journalists looking at the situation at Rovers including ones highly regarded in the industry and they haven't found anything. This is either because there isn't anything dodgy going on and it's just a case of bad running and sheer incompetence or if there is anything sinister it has been well covered up.

On the documentary even if it doesn't uncover much, the one thing it will do is keep Rovers in the public eye and you never know it may encourage people to come forward or may kick start a new investigation by someone who may be able to find out more. I welcome the program and wish Rish all the best in his endeavours.

Archived