BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Andre Villas-Boas was a candidate for Burnley manager's job after Owen Coyle went to Bolton Wanderers

Andre Villas-Boas’s managerial career in England almost began at Burnley instead of Chelsea, a new book has revealed.

The 34-year-old Portuguese is seeking his first victory at Tottenhamafter his Stamford Bridge tenure lasted just nine months. Yet Burnley could have appointed him after Owen Coyle left in January 2010 to take over at Bolton. Villas-Boas, then in charge of Academica in his homeland, gave a hi-tech presentation.

In his soon to be released book Magical: A Life In Football, former Burnley chief executive Paul Fletcher wrote: “Mickey Walsh, an old playing colleague of mine, got in touch with me to describe Andre as being a real up and coming hot prospect.

“He sent a very detailed and lengthy application for the job. His CV and Powerpoint presentation were amazing. Even by today’s standards there was some complicated stuff in it, with some things that I didn’t understand.

http://www.telegraph...-Wanderers.html

“He sent a very detailed and lengthy application for the job. His CV and Powerpoint presentation were amazing. Even by today’s standards there was some complicated stuff in it, with some things that I didn’t understand.

Amazing quote. Basically sums up the Dingle mind.

"Ball goes in Net"....................."Huh!!!!"

First off, this has been pretty common knowledge for a while, I have no idea why it's in the papers today.

Secondly, it's no wonder the burnley board were baffled by the power point presentation, they were in awe of the magic box which was running the power point. Even more confused by a magic connection to the wall that made it all work.

Honestly guys, you are seriously deriding the intellect and abilities of our board and owners, at this juncture?

I'm seriously questioning why the hell this is a thread on a BRFC messageboard!!

Just how far have standards fallen???

I like Eddie Howe, solid ex pro, refreshing honesty and more hunger than most having a shorter playing career, more tatically astute than Kean.

Even though i have the strongest dislike for Burnley it's still good to see them get someone proper rather than the dreg brian laws.

Archived