BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Gael Givet

• Backroom

Glad to see Givet is back in the squad. Not surprised he's become irritated. He's a winner surrounded by a lot of losers, practically all of the winners from the pre-Kean squad have been sold or excluded. Hopefully some of them (Simon?) will get another shot now that Kean has departed. Unfortunately for Givet he's probably going to have to put up with the hopeless scouse duo either side of him until January at least.

Givet has got to play and we need to find a decent partner for him asap. To think that a year ago we had Samba and Emerton/Salgado instead of Dann and Orr.

Hanley started to look decent in some games last season but is way too fat at the moment, Olsson still hasn't learnt to play left back. A right mess, maybe it's time to bring Henley into one of the full back positions at least...

I think Givet is the best defender we have - would take him anytime and would be one of the first names on my team sheet.

Mentioned in another thread that there is some speculation that Givet was getting into the ribs of the Keanites (Orr & Dann) and they didn't like it one bit as Kean was no longer around for their 'love-in'. Allegedly, there is previous between Orr and Gael, most notably the Wigan match where many of us have heard the rumours about half time involving Kean, Orr & Givet.

Going forward, clearly not good for team spirit and is exactly, IMO, why Kean had to go as he, IMO, simply did not have the respect of our better players and it showed - to name a few, Salgado, Nzonozi, Robbo, Diouf (any how we could do with him now) and Givet.

IMO, Orr is a Kean chancer - I for one will never forgive him that outburst after the Wigan match, defending Kean on live Sky when we'd just been relegated, feckin hell, he'd not been here two minutes. Kean goes and what does he do, I am told goes over to the supporters post match. Orr, you aint for me thank you - Gael any day.

I think Givet is the best defender we have - would take him anytime and would be one of the first names on my team sheet.

Mentioned in another thread that there is some speculation that Givet was getting into the ribs of the Keanites (Orr & Dann) and they didn't like it one bit as Kean was no longer around for their 'love-in'. Allegedly, there is previous between Orr and Gael, most notably the Wigan match where many of us have heard the rumours about half time involving Kean, Orr & Givet.

Going forward, clearly not good for team spirit and is exactly, IMO, why Kean had to go as he, IMO, simply did not have the respect of our better players and it showed - to name a few, Salgado, Nzonozi, Robbo, Diouf (any how we could do with him now) and Givet.

IMO, Orr is a Kean chancer - I for one will never forgive him that outburst after the Wigan match, defending Kean on live Sky when we'd just been relegated, feckin hell, he'd not been here two minutes. Kean goes and what does he do, I am told goes over to the supporters post match. Orr, you aint for me thank you - Gael any day.

Hard to disagree with your comments on Orr but! most players show loyalty to the manager that signs them, I'm not an Orr fan as it happens, he could well have been hear two seasons earlier under Sam think it was, certainly linked to us before his long term injury at Bristol.

Perhaps Orr can now settle down to the comfort of the bench, long may it last.

• Backroom

Hard to disagree with your comments on Orr but! most players show loyalty to the manager that signs them

There's a difference between loyalty to the manager and openly lambasting the fans right after the team were relegated after ANOTHER shambolic performance masterminded by the hairless one. Don't think I'll ever forgive Orr for that, and I'm sure there are many Rovers fans who feel the same. At least Dann has had the intelligence to keep his mouth shut.

I for one do not understand those that have started posting on here that we should get rid of Givet.....he has been one of our best defenders consistently since he joined the club under Big Sam. Any of us would get frustrated with Keans treatment of Big Sams signings and having to play in a team that concluded Bradley Orr

The fact that Orr is still getting played and the likes of Henley (who impressed vs Liverpool last year) are not getting their chance is beyond me. Orr should never have been bought and I am not the only fan to say this. I remember being at a Norwich City vs QPR match in the championship 2 years ago and Orr was warming up in front of the renowned "Snake Pit" in the corner at Carrow Road and just started flicking off the home fans, typical scouser and the sooner we get rid of him the better!!!!!

Archived