BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Best Crowd Atmospheres

On two occasions we brought 900? Aye, bullshit.

Ah, the selective memory !!

Anyway back on topic, at Ewood the Derby play off, didn't get to the 2nd leg. Away would prob be Stoke at the end of the 23 match unbeaten run. In the cup it would have to be the semi at O. T v Chelsea.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've never really considered playing Bolton as a real derby, i have no opinion of there fans and have never thought of them as rivals any more than any other opposition other than Burnley, it may have been different 'back in the day'.

I listened to their unofficial podcast on a supporters forum the other day, the presenter said something along the lines of:

"We're Bolton, were not meant to be happy! We are meant to complain. About Mark Clattenberg, Blackburn Rovers, Sam Allardyce, the rain, Blackburn Rovers, relegation, David N'gog, Blackburn rovers"

They really really dislike us, I didn't even really know.

Id ignore the pig muckers. Definatly lower class louts if you've ever met them.

I knew a bolton fan and he used to bang on about us more than them. When I used to say we wernt bothered about them and that we rival burnley...he wondered wtf and why, I did mention bury but he still sees us and man utd as rivals..in a way they are a bit like mkdons - no point in them and no history and no rivals.

Sort of fans were the middle aged men still have bolton car stickers and 1995s top on a matchday....

I would have thought Bolton would consider Wigan rivals, because like the latter, they're one of those sides no one particularly gives a kean about.

A bit of rivalrly match-making.

Bolton need to realise they're self-unimportance and stop trying to think Rovers, the Dingles, Utd or Citeh think of them as anything other than a cheap, convinient away trip out.

Have had some good away days at the Reebok but no one I know gives a kean about them.

Back on topic- Chelsea at O/T was cracking, Sinclair's oyster bar was rocking for hours. Wolves away 3-0 at half time, Blackburn end beating United when Bentley got a hattrick.

The Villa match when Steve Archibald scored at the BB End was something else. The old Riverside closed for demolishing so extra crush barriers erected on the BBE and it was packed to the rafters, probably way over capacity and it would never have been allowed a few years later. Gave me a glimpse of what it must have been like in days gone by when massive crowds were on. Atmosphere was something else it felt like the LFC Kop for the day.

I don't know if anyone else has seen about the fan protest that is going on in Germany at the moment. Basically the league wants to reduce away fans capacity by 5% and ban standing areas from stadiums.

So in the past week the fans have been having a 12:12 protest, where for the first 12 minutes and 12 seconds of each game they stay quiet, dont wave their banners or anything. I saw the Dortmund game on the internet last week and it was quite disconcerting it being so quiet.

http://www.sportlive.co.za/soccer/german/2012/11/29/ssssh-german-fans-stage-silent-protest

I hope they succeed. It really baffles me because in my opinion they have the balance completely right, two ends where people can stand up and two sides for people to sit down and they have the best atmospheres of any county imo. I saw games at Duisburg, Köln and Dortmund last December and had a great time in the fan curves stood on the terraces, drinking beer and not a steward in sight!

Archived