BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] George Osborne- Worse Than Steve Kean ?

I went Chrismas shopping today, which was doing far more for growth in the economy than Osborne managed in his Autumn Statement. He's now promising 6 more years of austerity which with the 4 years since the financial crisis will mean a decade in which the economy has in effect gone backwards. Today he was blathering on about forecasts for 2017-18 when all people want to know is what he is doing to promote growth and get the econmy out of the mess that is of his own making. The man's an Old Etonian idiot, the worst chancellor since Reggie Maudling back in the 1960s and for those who remember Maudling that is quite some feat.

I went Chrismas shopping today, which was doing far more for growth in the economy than Osborne managed in his Autumn Statement. He's now promising 6 more years of austerity which with the 4 years since the financial crisis will mean a decade in which the economy has in effect gone backwards. Today he was blathering on about forecasts for 2017-18 when all people want to know is what he is doing to promote growth and get the econmy out of the mess that is of his own making. The man's an Old Etonian idiot, the worst chancellor since Reggie Maudling back in the 1960s and for those who remember Maudling that is quite some feat.

You have a point about Reginald Maudling cos he gets a mention here... http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2010/may/17/liam-byrne-note-successor

I suppose Osborne's not had that good a tenure in No11 but he's hardly the worst Chancellor at all. The worst Chancellor in British history was undemocratically elevated without mandate to became the worst PM in history under the last Labour govt,or has your famous powers of selective memory erased all recollection?

Whoever was unfortunate enough to step up to the plate as Chancellor following the financial disaster inflicted by the last govt was picking up a poisoned chalice..... topically not unlike the position Berg finds himself in trying to turn around the car crash of Steve Kean's management.

• Backroom

The difference between Kean and Osbourne is that Kean wrecked the club, while Osbourne wrecks the country. I can change where I live, but I can't change my club ;)

Honestly? Both are tossers, but Osbourne is properly clueless and it's badly affecting our nation's political reputation. We've had more U-turns than (insert witty metaphor here). Labour basically robbed my dad's pension, LibDems have no spine and the only party I have ANY trust in at the moment (UKIP), I also have reservations about.

The difference between Kean and Osbourne is that Kean wrecked the club, while Osbourne wrecks the country. I can change where I live, but I can't change my club ;)

Honestly? Both are tossers, but Osbourne is properly clueless and it's badly affecting our nation's political reputation. We've had more U-turns than (insert witty metaphor here). Labour basically robbed my dad's pension, LibDems have no spine and the only party I have ANY trust in at the moment (UKIP), I also have reservations about.

Don't work for Social Services do you? :rolleyes:

Farage believes in simple answers to complex issues. Although he's entertaining, he's a complete goon who lives by his pompous virtues. No thanks!

No thanks???? Surely you mean 'Yes please'. Seems a bloody good talent to have in politics and a direct opposite to the pompous prevaricating and evasive windbags that we have to endure from the other 3 main parties.

btw On the same subject who can remember those ridiculous nodding dogs that people put in their car's rear windows?......

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/12/06/ed-balls-blames-stammer-autumn-statement_n_2249265.html?utm_hp_ref=uk

:lol:

The Institute of Fiscal Studies, the independent think-tank, says the poor and the disabled will suffer the most from the latest government austerity measures and the benefits cuts announced by Osborne on Wednesday may not actually save the government any money.

It says welfare cuts over the next couple of years will largely pay for two tax cuts - the cancellation of the fuel duty increase and the further increase in the income tax personal allowance - so next spring's Budget will be just another round of further spending cuts with benefits of the weakest and most vulnerable in society again the top of the list for the axe..

Moreover the chancellor's decision to raise income tax thresholds by less than inflation will take one million more people into the higher 40p rate of income tax by 2015

So there you have it: the poor, disabled and people on middle incomes are all worse off while the rich get away with it with a measly cut in their pension contributions.

Yet according to the multimillionaire Old Etonian chancellor "We're all in this together".

Meanwhile the economy is stagnating with the promise of little or no growth and further austerity for the next 5 years while the chancellor continues to miss one deficit reduction target after another, says there is no alternative and keeps his fingers cross it might turn out all right.

Hurrah for the Tories.

You have a point about Reginald Maudling cos he gets a mention here... h

You don't vote Alf, so your opinions as always are irrelevant and worthless.

You don't vote Alf, so your opinions as always are irrelevant and worthless.

Not my opinion cock..... I selected that from your left wing rag on purpose. Here is is again http://www.guardian....-note-successor

Would you like to see the one from your second favourite daily read? Reads much the same and illustrates the magnitude of the post Brown clean up task. http://www.dailymail...David-Laws.html

Some quite good comments under that one.

Funny bloke your hero Ed Balls isn't he? He seems obsessed with being the new John Prescott, a political bruiser who speaks his mind. Unfortunately like Prescott there isn't very much going on in there and he becomes an embarrassment to his party.

1. Rem before the 2010 election he openly and publically declared that Labour would have to make massive cuts to public spending to repair the damage they had done to the economy?

2. He now criticises every cut, action and safety measure made by the coalition.

3. BUT when pressed for an answer he declares all the measures put in place by the coalition will stand should Labour win the next election.

http://blogs.birming...o-warns-ed.html

Who could trust this man and his party after the shambles they left in 2010 and especially after they had inherited such a strong economy in 1997?

The Tories and their stooges in the right-wing press continue to propogate the myth that the deficit is somehow the fault of the previous government while conveniently forgetting that the banks in 2008 were close to collapse and had to be bailed out with massive injection of public funds and there was a global financial crisis in which governments around the world ran up massive debts propping up the system.

They also fail to explain why Germany and the US have managed to recover since 2008 with growth policies that have seen their economies surpass their GDP highs achieved in 2007 while Britain has been subjected to a ideologically driven programme of spending cuts that seen the poor suffer at the expense of the rich and condemned the economy to a double dip recession that could last 10 years or more.

Funny bloke your hero Ed Balls isn't he? ... zzzzzzz

I'd have more respect for you if you voted, even for the Tory party.

As it is, your views are irrelevant and worthless.

I can understand not voting when even the most angelic of politicians continue to bring mistrust upon themselves.

Whilst I will always use my vote, I can understand why some people may not vote based on the occasional highlighting of cloak and dagger decisions made for vested interests by politicians who run the country.

They just can't help themselves, any of them. Rather than giving a shoplifter 6 months why not send corrupt politicians to prison and make an example of them? Sadly the answer is all too obvious.

A national journo from the Times told me he understands that it is Osborne who is the Cabinet Minister with a secret "love child".

Funny bloke your hero Ed Balls isn't he? He seems obsessed with being the new John Prescott,

Ed Balls, the most rude and obnoxious politician ( bar Gordon Brown) I have ever met.....and I have met many, including another 6 tomorrow night at Michel Roux's in London. Like them a nice free dinner beckons!

No such thing as a free lunch dinner PB. Whose stumping up for this?

They just can't help themselves, any of them. Rather than giving a shoplifter 6 months why not send corrupt politicians to prison and make an example of them?

I'm sure Simon Hughes would be a very popular inmate in prison.

Archived