BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Whalley Range ... Laws?

Do English laws not count here ?

I have been working along here and last night the entire thru road which is covered in double yellow lines , was bumper to bumper with cars parked on them . Nearly all of them wear obstructing the pavements as well . There were cars parked across road junctions as well . A police car drove up in front of me and didnt do a thing either

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

. A police car drove up in front of me and didnt do a thing either

That will be because under the Road Traffic Act 2004 responsibility for parking enforcement is with the local authority not the police. CEOs (Civil Enforcement Officers!!) employed by the local authority are the guys you see issuing tickets.

Driving through traffic lights once they have turned red now seems to be par for the course in town too.

Probably because of the traffic signals being set incorrectly. The number of lights on main trunk routes which are set to turn red so that non-existent traffic on a side road get a green light is ridiculous.

Add to that the fact that some lights are set on about 5 second greens and I can understand it. Not condone but understand. It can be very frustrating.

That will be because under the Road Traffic Act 2004 responsibility for parking enforcement is with the local authority not the police. CEOs (Civil Enforcement Officers!!) employed by the local authority are the guys you see issuing tickets.

Was just about to say that.

The police have nothing to do with it, unless the car is causing a danger and/or obstruction.

Write to the council if it bothers you that much.

no im not Jim ,we were working there and couldnt get near any of the boxes we needed to get in .So the police dont issue parking tickets unless its obstruction.So if parking on yellow lines ,on a footpath or across junctions isnt obstruction then i dont know what is.

Every match day there are usually major problems with cars blocking roads and bus routes because of selfish, thoughtless and sometimes illegal parking on nearly every street and road near me(infirmary area-near manxman), its mostly Blackburn fans(and the odd away supporter).

(although this season its only been half as bad because of the big drop in supporters attending)

TBH-it personally doesn't bother me much because its always been like this and i knew of the problem before moving here and i imagine for many residents of Whalley range, Audley, queens park they feel the same as me about these issues in their area, because its mainly caused by people attending mosque, so they just accept it and are used to it.

no im not Jim ,we were working there and couldnt get near any of the boxes we needed to get in .So the police dont issue parking tickets unless its obstruction.So if parking on yellow lines ,on a footpath or across junctions isnt obstruction then i dont know what is.

You think that's bad? I was forced take a wheelchair on the road because of those mindless, thoughtless idiots on Mill Hill. Shocking.

Anyone on double yellows blocking footpaths are scum . Just like people who go to the gym and park in disabled bays.

Check my last post Ffs.

Haha, only the ones who go to the gym and do it? Seems like you have certain prejudices past people parking in disabled bays. And are you including disabled people in that?

Anyone on double yellows blocking footpaths are scum . Just like people who go to the gym and park in disabled bays.

Check my last post Ffs.

No, paedophiles, murderers, sex abusers and general violent people are scum, people that park on yellow lines etc... are just usually selfish, inconsiderate and a little arrogant.

I've given a couple of cars a sly keyin' for parking across the pavement. I don't care so much about myself but the pure arrogance and ignorance of forcing someone wheelchair bound or with small children to go out into the road just pushes my buttons.

I've given a couple of cars a sly keyin' for parking across the pavement. I don't care so much about myself but the pure arrogance and ignorance of forcing someone wheelchair bound or with small children to go out into the road just pushes my buttons.

Aren't you delightful.

I find builders, workmen and white van man types are usually the biggest culprits by miles for causing unnecessary obstructions on the pavement and roads.

up the road from me there's been 2 twin valley vans parked at the junction of a mini roundabout all week completely blocking one side of the road and also totally obscuring the view for drivers coming from the side road turning right, there's absolutely nothing preventing them from parking a few meters back(but hey! cant be having them walk the extra few steps it would take them to go into the property there working on).

Archived