BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] I couldn't do without ...

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Newspapers are nothing but another form of thought control by TPTB.

I just don't see the relevance of them, most people now have access to the very latest up to the minute news via internet, mobile internet, apps,e-readers 24 hour news chanelse on radio& tv, so why buy a paper where the news is at least 12 hours old and written by a hacks, with editors that fill the pages with either sensationalist trash, various kinds of propaganda then usually just squeeze the real stories into the margins they bother printing them at all AND PEOPLE PAY FOR THIS!!!which is what amazes me most(and as for the sports pages there sad gossip columns(rarely does anything written in them come to fruition)

gas barbeques just aren't right, whats the point, again may as well just stick the food in the oven.

I cannot think of many things more damaging to the environment than plastics.

I like the feel and look of a newspaper, and I like to hold it in my hand. I enjoy looking at the layout and design. If / when newspapers no longer exist I will not read the online versions.

I'm not a walking advert for plastics. It's a quote from a film.

Grill in the dome plus a fan, and it uses infra red > http://www.amazon.co.uk/Nu-Wave-Oven-Pro/dp/B0009RP87O

My wedding ring.......feel naked without it.

I want one. Just like a lot of gadgets that I buy I don't use them anymore but nevertheless I still want one!

Wedding ring,, awww

To be honest, the cliche you hold of marijuana use is only as mind numbing as the majority of TV shows so you're in the same boat as him with your universal remote control, when viewed from the outside without all the fact of exactly what you use the said thing for.

To be honest, the cliche you hold of marijuana use is only as mind numbing as the majority of TV shows so you're in the same boat as him with your universal remote control, when viewed from the outside without all the fact of exactly what you use the said thing for.

Real pot heads DO mostly all conform to the cliches(that's the sad thing), i work with plenty of them every day and have grown up seeing the negative effects that heavy cannabis use has on friends, relatives, workmates(even though its always claimed to be a harmless drug!), not only does it obviously damage there physical and mental health it eventually starts effecting every aspect of their life(and I am talking heavy daily smokers, not occasional/weekend smokers).

O, and comparing being a pot head to using a universal remote control, REALLY!!!(maybe you need to lay off the green)

Alcohol is more destructive than marijuana will ever be, yet it's socially acceptable to brag about how many pints you'll be chuggin' at the weekend.

blahblahblah!, new it wouldn't be long before somebody brought up that old chestnut!!!, trying to justify one problem by pointing out another, very clever, yawn.

(PS. somebody bragging about how much they say they have drank, isn't 'sociably acceptable', only morons do that, neither is binge drinking, but this is a whole other issue)

Big yes to the poster below, most things in the world are fine in moderation(exept marmite and/or the foo fighters-eeeuuuyuuukspitspit)

Real pot heads DO mostly all conform to the cliches(that's the sad thing), i work with plenty of them every day and have grown up seeing the negative effects that heavy cannabis use has on friends, relatives, workmates(even though its always claimed to be a harmless drug!), not only does it obviously damage there physical and mental health it eventually starts effecting every aspect of their life(and I am talking heavy daily smokers, not occasional/weekend smokers).

O, and comparing being a pot head to using a universal remote control, REALLY!!!(maybe you need to lay off the green)

You'd be surprised to learn that not all 'potheads' do conform to the cliche. In the same way that not all drinkers are the same (although people who do not have experience of people drinking alcohol if it is not a part of their culture will likely see every drunk person as exactly the same - in the same way you do with those who smoke marijuana). There will be a lot of people you will meet who you will never realise are 'potheads', just like there were people you will meet who you could never imagine getting drunk as they appear so straight laced.

Heavy cannabis use is another matter and, like heavy alcohol use, is not a good thing. Nobody claims it is a harmless drug. It is bad for your lungs, has obvious short term affects on your mental state and it appears to accelerate underlying mental issues within a person. I personally do not find these are any more dangerous than the short and long term affects of alcohol, given it would take an unusual person to want to smoke marijuana every day. Obvious there are people, but then there are plenty who drink alcohol every day.

Marijuana can be used as a thinking tool and doesn't have to be something used to simply crash in front of the TV too. People use it in different ways. Some people will use it positively, some will use it negatively. Given the way you put forward your points of view I can't help but believe you don't use your TV as an educational TV (unless you have the memory of a 'pothead') and so I am quite sure that some people will get a lot more benefit from marijuana than you do from your television. I may of course be wrong, and this is simply conjecture. It's what I'm inclined to believe, however.

It is of course worth mentioning that I don't believe everybody should smoke marijuana. I don't believe everybody should drink alcohol. I don't believe everybody should go skydiving. I do't believe everybody should be driving a car. It all comes down to personal choice. People opting out of such things without trying are fine. People who opt out of such things after trying are fine. It's personal choice. But people who make judgements on every person who smokes marijuana are the same as any other person who makes judgements on a whole group of people (and we all do it of course, I have done it in the past and likely will do in the future - though I try to be as self aware as possible about any biases I may have formed due to my culture in order to combat any prejudice). There are people who misuse marijuana and this should not be ignored, so I am not saying that. It certainly has the potential to do damage to people if misused. But so does many things in life, as we are constantly finding out. Margarine for christ sakes. The key is to call it how you see it, not make rash decisions based on a certain select few. This doesn't mean you should ignore the problems, but it doesn't mean you should demonise it. You should educate yourself about it as it may at the very least increase your knowledge and empathy with people who use it for negative or positive ends.

The day you try to justify smoking weed is the day you realise your life isn't quite going to plan...

Indeed, every single person who thinks that the drug should be legalised is a down and out bum. Nobody who has achieved anything in life has ever smoked marijuana.

+1

There so much good stuff to do in the world, why waste your time doing something as superficial and destructive as cannabis(leave drugs too the teenagers/students!).

Nice disdain for teenagers and students there. Most things can be dangerous without moderation. It's doesn't have to be a 24 hour activity. If it becomes a habit then it is likely to be a problem.

blahblahblah!, new it wouldn't be long before somebody brought up that old chestnut!!!, trying to justify one problem by pointing out another, very clever, yawn.

(PS. somebody bragging about how much they say they have drank, isn't 'sociably acceptable', only morons do that, neither is binge drinking, but this is a whole other issue)

Big yes to the poster below, most things in the world are fine in moderation(exept marmite and/or the foo fighters-eeeuuuyuuukspitspit)

That old chestnut is used because it is true and backed by scientific evidence on the short and long term affects of use of marijuana. Whilst two or three wrongs don't make a right, it is worth noting that humans have a long history (going as far back as we know) of drug use. Done responsibly, like all thing in life, certain drugs (not all) can be used for positive reasons. A little alcohol can be good for you, a lot won't be.

Just because you hear a good argument often, doesn't mean you can disregard it after a few years if it still holds true. Why put yourself in a position of covering your ears and going blah blah blah? Open your mind, feed your head ^_^

You'd be surprised to learn that not all 'potheads' do conform to the cliche. In the same way that not all drinkers are the same (although people who do not have experience of people drinking alcohol if it is not a part of their culture will likely see every drunk person as exactly the same - in the same way you do with those who smoke marijuana). There will be a lot of people you will meet who you will never realise are 'potheads', just like there were people you will meet who you could never imagine getting drunk as they appear so straight laced.

Heavy cannabis use is another matter and, like heavy alcohol use, is not a good thing. Nobody claims it is a harmless drug. It is bad for your lungs, has obvious short term affects on your mental state and it appears to accelerate underlying mental issues within a person. I personally do not find these are any more dangerous than the short and long term affects of alcohol, given it would take an unusual person to want to smoke marijuana every day. Obvious there are people, but then there are plenty who drink alcohol every day.

Marijuana can be used as a thinking tool and doesn't have to be something used to simply crash in front of the TV too. People use it in different ways. Some people will use it positively, some will use it negatively. Given the way you put forward your points of view I can't help but believe you don't use your TV as an educational TV (unless you have the memory of a 'pothead') and so I am quite sure that some people will get a lot more benefit from marijuana than you do from your television. I may of course be wrong, and this is simply conjecture. It's what I'm inclined to believe, however.

It is of course worth mentioning that I don't believe everybody should smoke marijuana. I don't believe everybody should drink alcohol. I don't believe everybody should go skydiving. I do't believe everybody should be driving a car. It all comes down to personal choice. People opting out of such things without trying are fine. People who opt out of such things after trying are fine. It's personal choice. But people who make judgements on every person who smokes marijuana are the same as any other person who makes judgements on a whole group of people (and we all do it of course, I have done it in the past and likely will do in the future - though I try to be as self aware as possible about any biases I may have formed due to my culture in order to combat any prejudice). There are people who misuse marijuana and this should not be ignored, so I am not saying that. It certainly has the potential to do damage to people if misused. But so does many things in life, as we are constantly finding out. Margarine for christ sakes. The key is to call it how you see it, not make rash decisions based on a certain select few. This doesn't mean you should ignore the problems, but it doesn't mean you should demonise it. You should educate yourself about it as it may at the very least increase your knowledge and empathy with people who use it for negative or positive ends.

Indeed, every single person who thinks that the drug should be legalised is a down and out bum. Nobody who has achieved anything in life has ever smoked marijuana.

Nice disdain for teenagers and students there. Most things can be dangerous without moderation. It's doesn't have to be a 24 hour activity. If it becomes a habit then it is likely to be a problem.

That old chestnut is used because it is true and backed by scientific evidence on the short and long term affects of use of marijuana. Whilst two or three wrongs don't make a right, it is worth noting that humans have a long history (going as far back as we know) of drug use. Done responsibly, like all thing in life, certain drugs (not all) can be used for positive reasons. A little alcohol can be good for you, a lot won't be.

Just because you hear a good argument often, doesn't mean you can disregard it after a few years if it still holds true. Why put yourself in a position of covering your ears and going blah blah blah? Open your mind, feed your head ^_^

Your only kidding yourself mate(and what a rant, congrats)

p.s. "disdain for teenagers/students"- i was actually saying they are the only ones that can justifiably take recreational drugs as i think its healthy to experiment(in a sensible moderated way) at that age, just to get it out of their system.

Archived