BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Realistic March Aims

Seeing as February flattered to deceive, and the season appears to be petering out into the damp squib most expected it to, what is our realistic aim for this month?

We surely have to try to get back into and consolidate a position in the top 10 for the end of the season at the very least? Can we do it?

H Peterborough 3

A Bolton 0

A Millwall 1 (then a replay that we hopefully win to give us some cheer at least)

H Burnley 1

H Blackpool 1

5 points for me

So my aim is now 2 points for the month. Christ on a bike this is grim

Are these score lines? 100% so far!!

I'm revising my opinion to 4 straight wins following the Peterborough loss. We'll beat Millwall and we'll win the next 3 league games. 9 points for the month and Wembley!

I'm confident MA has had enough of supposed squad leaders who don't bother putting in a shift. I believe he'll knock heads and the replacements players will play with heart, as they've everything to play for.

So keep the faith.

Burnley H

Blackpool H

Cardiff A

Sheff Wed A

Derby H

Huddersfield H

Watford A

Millwall A

Crystal Palace H

Birmingham A

Hard to see the next victory from that lot

You'd have to say Huddersfield at home given that they're pretty lightweight these days and we should have beaten them comfortably at their place.

You'd hope the lads were up for the Burnley game but I wouldn't trust this rubber dinghy brigade, while Blackpool will be out to put one over 'Appy'. Worrying times.

Burnley H

Blackpool H

Cardiff A

Sheff Wed A

Derby H

Huddersfield H

Watford A

Millwall A

Crystal Palace H

Birmingham A

Hard to see the next victory from that lot

Disagree pants though we are at the moment. As someone else said - Huddersfield are no great shakes. Additionally Blackpool are managed by the worst manager outside of Kean - if we can't outwit the team he puts out we're in real trouble. Added to which you'd like to think we would put in a shift against the dingles. Oh, and Millwall and Birmingham and Sheffield Weds are all near the bottom of the table. Granted this means they'll be scrapping for their lives but it also indicates they are not very good at all.

Personally I'd be shocked if we didn't win at least 3 of those games (guessing Blackpool, Huddersfield and an away game vs one of the teams near the bottom. Think we'll draw with the dingles.) If we don't get at least 3 wins, even with the chaos surrounding our squad and off field antics, you have to question whether Appleton is the right manager and whether there's any hope for us.

Seeing as February flattered to deceive, and the season appears to be petering out into the damp squib most expected it to, what is our realistic aim for this month?

We surely have to try to get back into and consolidate a position in the top 10 for the end of the season at the very least? Can we do it?

H Peterborough 3 WAS I EVER SO WRONG?

A Bolton 0 CORRECT

A Millwall 1 (then a replay that we hopefully win to give us some cheer at least) CORRECT

H Burnley 1

H Blackpool 1

5 points for me

Not doing too bad so far

• 3 weeks later...

H Peterborough 3

A Bolton 0

A Millwall 1 (then a replay that we hopefully win to give us some cheer at least)

H Burnley 1

H Blackpool 1

5 points for me

Even in my wildest pessimissm did I think we would amass a paultry two points from this months 4 fixtures :wacko:

Archived