BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Realistic March Aims

Seeing as February flattered to deceive, and the season appears to be petering out into the damp squib most expected it to, what is our realistic aim for this month?

We surely have to try to get back into and consolidate a position in the top 10 for the end of the season at the very least? Can we do it?

H Peterborough 3

A Bolton 0

A Millwall 1 (then a replay that we hopefully win to give us some cheer at least)

H Burnley 1

H Blackpool 1

5 points for me

• Moderation Lead

Pretty much agree with the OP about 5 points being a realistic amount.

Though I would be a bit disappointed if we couldn't beat the Donkey Lashers, especially given their new choice of manager.....

Don't think we'll get owt at Bolton, they look to be a team on the rise now, they're ahead of us in the table. Should really be beating the other three teams listed above but I'm not too confident about beating Milwall in the cup, a draw and a replay at Ewood would be fine and the extra game would not matter as we're no longer in the run in for the playoffs.

Blackburn v Peterborough 3

Bolton v Blackburn 1

Blackburn v Burnley 3

Blackburn v Blackpool 3

10 points, plus a win against Millwall in the FA Cup.

I don't believe I'm being excessively optimistic this time.

I'll tell you now that Bolton will trounce us. They're hitting form at just the right time and are my tip for the playoffs. There's always a team that makes a late surge.

Wins at home to Blackpool and Burnley are also pipe dreams right now. Ince (as bad a manager as he is) will be out to get us, while Burnley will know this is their best chance for decades to beat us. I can see 4-6 points max out of those fixtures.

I'll tell you now that Bolton will trounce us. They're hitting form at just the right time and are my tip for the playoffs. There's always a team that makes a late surge.

I reckon they may have left it a bit late for the playoffs, Brighton have got a game in hand and are a decent enough side to win it, so winning that would take them 10 points above both us and Bolton. I imagine ten points to probably be insurmountable at this late stage of the season. Seriously hope I'm right on this one because I'd hate to see them and not us in the Premiership.

• Backroom

I don't think Bolton will get into the playoffs this season, but they've got enough to finish comfortably above us.

Steve, I wish your footballing fantasies were shared in the real world... we'd be two months unbeaten by the end of March.

My March hopes are ..

1 Somehow beat Millwall ...

2 Avoid defeat against Burnley ..

3 Cancel the contracts of Murphy and Etuhu ..

Cannot help thinking that defeat against Millwall and Burnley will make Michael Appletons tenure very short ..

He has an appalling squad of players to pick from , which the vast majority were not signed by him !

Do , I think he has the footballing acumen to get us promoted ? No I don't , but we are going to be in this division for a long time and I don't think we will get relegated with Appleton at the helm ...

But what do Venkys think ?

Hopes....all hopes are rapidly failing......

heres what i think

H Peterborough 1pt

A Bolton 0pt

A Millwall (Cup) defeat

H Burnley 0pt

H Blackpool 1pt

two points in march???.

i just think now many of our players think the season is over and they are dreaming of spending their ill-gained wages on the beach....

any game where the opposition needs to step upto the plate, will mean they will turn us over....

Blackburn v Peterborough 3

Bolton v Blackburn 1

Blackburn v Burnley 3

Blackburn v Blackpool 3

10 points, plus a win against Millwall in the FA Cup.

I don't believe I'm being excessively optimistic this time.

Are these score lines? 100% so far!!

Archived