BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The unfriendly friendly

Just been reading that Bournemouth have arranged a friendly with Real Madrid... Yay!!! But they have seen fit to charge £60 a ticket... boo!!!!

Shrewsbury have Galatasary and Bournemouth have Real, yet our glamour tie is Everton reserves lol.

Anyway, what i was really keen to know is would people have been happy if we had gone down the Bournemouth route and been charged £60 a ticket for Real Madrid in a friendly?

• Backroom

Just been reading that Bournemouth have arranged a friendly with Real Madrid... Yay!!! But they have seen fit to charge £60 a ticket... boo!!!!

Shrewsbury have Galatasary and Bournemouth have Real, yet our glamour tie is Everton reserves lol.

Anyway, what i was really keen to know is would people have been happy if we had gone down the Bournemouth route and been charged £60 a ticket for Real Madrid in a friendly?

We could charge £10 and it still wouldn't draw too much of a crowd

My folks popped round tonight and me and my dad were talking about this. Apparently Madrid have said that it'll be a strong side too. Barring those in the Confed cup they'll put out the first XI. Personally i wouldn't pay to watch it. Pre-season is a joke really. I can't say it'd sit easy with me paying to watch a bronzed Ronaldo full of his own p1ss and importance prancing about like a show pony. Not my idea of enjoyment. Unlike a recent night out where i watched ex pros playing for Lashings FC at a local semi pro club. I like to see how fat the heroes of yester year have got! The best player on the park was Clayton Blackmore. The bloke had considerably more class than when he played for Utd. Kerry Dixon on the other hand.......

Well after just learning that people have paid £400 quid to watch half a dozen emaciated septegenarean rock stars tottering about on a stage and learning that others are prepared to pay £80 to watch an old hippy who has not written a note of worth since Neil Armstrong planted a flag on the moon I'd say it was a bargain.

Very good Gordon. :)

I will be going to Chorley but for the company not the football. If we had a decent pre-season game at Ewood at a reasonable price I would go. As it is Chorley and nothing else.

Gordon the difference on price is pretty simple. I can watch Rovers 46+ times a year so the value is low. I get to see Dylan once in a blue moon. Same with Springsteen, I get a great night for 65-75 once every couple of years.

Now to meander this thread like it used to in the "good old days." Even Real Madrid or Barcelona isn't worth a lot. Why? Meaningless game, half the squad will be missing, half will play 20 minutes etc. but the real culprit is TV.

I can watch just about any team in the world when I want via different media sources. Why would I pay out 60-80 for a meaningless game? The value of a football ticket has plummeted, while its cost has sky-rocketed, due to the overwhelming media coverage. Do I need the BBC giving me sports news every 30 minutes? Do I need ex-player idiots on Talksport, Sky etc. telling me how to think? Simply No.

The overwhelming media exposure, hype and in fact complete @#/? surrounding and spoken about the game has ruined it.

If something is special understand its value, don't prostitute yourself to the highest bidder in the pursuit of ridiculous greed.

Better add the ST policy has a big influence on this. Ticket value at Ewood 10-12 tops. The club made a rod for its own back years ago. I do understand the reasons.

Rant over. Topic diverted. Ban approaching. :):)

Guest Norbert

I will be going to Chorley but for the company not the football. If we had a decent pre-season game at Ewood at a reasonable price I would go. As it is Chorley and nothing else.

Gordon the difference on price is pretty simple. I can watch Rovers 46+ times a year so the value is low. I get to see Dylan once in a blue moon. Same with Springsteen, I get a great night for 65-75 once every couple of years.

Now to meander this thread like it used to in the "good old days." Even Real Madrid or Barcelona isn't worth a lot. Why? Meaningless game, half the squad will be missing, half will play 20 minutes etc. but the real culprit is TV.

I can watch just about any team in the world when I want via different media sources. Why would I pay out 60-80 for a meaningless game? The value of a football ticket has plummeted, while its cost has sky-rocketed, due to the overwhelming media coverage. Do I need the BBC giving me sports news every 30 minutes? Do I need ex-player idiots on Talksport, Sky etc. telling me how to think? Simply No.

The overwhelming media exposure, hype and in fact complete @#/? surrounding and spoken about the game has ruined it.

If something is special understand its value, don't prostitute yourself to the highest bidder in the pursuit of ridiculous greed.

Better add the ST policy has a big influence on this. Ticket value at Ewood 10-12 tops. The club made a rod for its own back years ago. I do understand the reasons.

Rant over. Topic diverted. Ban approaching. :) :)

Rant over. Topic diverted. Ban approaching. :) :)

We Dylan fans have a rather difficult relationship with his live concerts. I always felt the concerts were not unlike watching Rovers. You love them..you won't let anyone else put them down...but they often let you down on the big occasion. In this respect my 7/8 Dylan concert experiences always seemed more like Selhurst Park in 1989. I have never seen the Cardiff 2002 equivalent, although youtube and my own sister can prove that they do happen.

The last time all I wanted was for him to sing one song like Dylan...just one..I would even have settled for that...instead of his current Donald Duck impersonation...(written with love, you understand).

I think my friend the Nodrog is a tad agist, though, Mr Cohen can still do it and he is older than the lot of them

I guess Mr Cohen is a kind of Kevin Moran in his Rovers days. Maybe Bob just can't be a8888ed. in which case, he shouldn't take the money. OMG..not a comparison between Bob and D.Murphy...God forgive me!!

Anyway, lets say Dylan concerts are a bit like going to Anfield for a Big Sam away game. You get the sense that they are just fulfilling the fixture.

By the way, I always assumed Bob was a Rovers fan!

Well after just learning that people have paid £400 quid to watch half a dozen emaciated septegenarean rock stars tottering about on a stage.....

£205 actually, and they got a bit more than the Rolling Stones trying to remember the chords to "Brown Sugar"

This is worth the price admission alone http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/p01c8ky2/Glastonbury_2013_Nick_Cave_and_The_Bad_Seeds_Glastonbury_2013/

Leonard if it helps I can back up your sister's view.

Colin the £400 was at the O2 just for the Stones

OK, thanks for the correction...in which case I'll concur with Thedrug.

Archived