BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Never Again !

Come on lads. just get a room. Stop ruining a good thread.

Alls I did was quote what I posted earlier about town and that live lounge was closing and my pet parasite closed in again. Don't worry I won't be replying to him again.

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last one out turn the lights off please.

Blackburners are an endangered species nowadays.... and people from afar have the temerity to question where any resentment comes from.

Eh! The population of the town has been pretty constant over the last 50 years or so .... and is in fact growing. Probably one of the reasons Debenhams recently took the opportunity to increase their floor space in The Mall.

Last one out turn the lights off please.

Blackburners are an endangered species nowadays.... and people from afar have the temerity to question where any resentment comes from.

Yep. The large majority are now born in Burnley. IN a few decades their will be few Blackburn born people. Especially if idiots keep voting Tory

Yep. The large majority are now born in Burnley. IN a few decades their will be few Blackburn born people. Especially if idiots keep voting Tory

Somewhat confusing statement since Blackburn has had a Labour MP for prob just about all of the last century and until the last decade when an almost unbroken run under a Labour controlled Council for about the same time.

In fact not 'confusing' more 'naive'. You need to take a trip away from your safe haven, don't go to the Lake District this time, put away your intransigence and come and spend a day and night in Blackburn and you will realise that neither Labour nor the Tories control Blackburn any more.

I was more referring to the fact that there will be no NHS if the Tories have their way. I'm sure Blackburns Muslim element had no majority say in the decision. That is who you are implying run Blackburn is it not? I have no interest at all in the local politics of Blackburn.

And as for coming to Blackburn, no thanks. I'm quite content where I am and making the occassional visit to the outskirts like Cherry Tree or Ewood and using the M65 to bypass the whole dump when visiting family in Ossy (which is another debate entirely lol)

I once tried to get from Cherry Tree to Queens Park using the new 'ring road' and that told me all I needed to know about those running Blackburn.

After 10 years away I got lost amidst the horror of a 'ring road', where one way roads have suddenly been swapped to run the other way after decades, and one composed entirely of linked up potholed back streets and eternal traffic lights where a new (ugly) bridge can have a wider cycle lane than a car lane..........

I was more referring to the fact that there will be no NHS if the Tories have their way. I'm sure Blackburns Muslim element had no majority say in the decision. That is who you are implying run Blackburn is it not? I have no interest at all in the local politics of Blackburn. And as for coming to Blackburn, no thanks. I'm quite content where I am and making the occassional visit to the outskirts like Cherry Tree or Ewood and using the M65 to bypass the whole dump when visiting family in Ossy (which is another debate entirely lol) I once tried to get from Cherry Tree to Queens Park using the new 'ring road' and that told me all I needed to know about those running Blackburn.After 10 years away I got lost amidst the horror of a 'ring road', where one way roads have suddenly been swapped to run the other way after decades, and one composed entirely of linked up potholed back streets and eternal traffic lights where a new (ugly) bridge can have a wider cycle lane than a car lane..........

Lancashire Flatlands..... you're having a laugh! I have had to spend the majority of the last 32 years traveling there ... I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. At least I can look forward to the journey home five days out of seven. By the way, for those of us that can handle basic navigation, the ring road has been a 'god send'.

When(IF!) the ring roads finished it will be a god send, but right now that section around king street slows it right down for me,

have they actually got permission yet to demolish that long abandoned 'listed' building that some clown didn't realise was right in the path of the ring road?

When(IF!) the ring roads finished it will be a god send, but right now that section around king street slows it right down for me,

have they actually got permission yet to demolish that long abandoned 'listed' building that some clown didn't realise was right in the path of the ring road?

Yes they have got permission to 'complete the ring'. The Freckleton Street area will be the main beneficiary ... see following link for details http://www.blackburn.gov.uk/Lists/DownloadableDocuments/2015-DL-Freckleton-street-masterplan.pdf

Lancashire Flatlands..... you're having a laugh! I have had to spend the majority of the last 32 years traveling there ... I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy. At least I can look forward to the journey home five days out of seven. By the way, for those of us that can handle basic navigation, the ring road has been a 'god send'.

There is no ring road. There is a collection of side roads linked together by dozens of poorly designed junctions and one way routes. I could circumnavigate the M60 faster.

Nearby Preston is no oil painting and has the crap ring road (that goes through the centre!!) but no wonder more people head to Preston centre than Blackburn and use the walton le dale park and ride to avoid the ring road for the princely sum of £1.20. Last time I was in Blackburn centre half of it was still rubble and I was only there killing time (a coffee in the pavilion) before getting a train to Manchester.

Only the desperate would shop in Blackburn, hence the town centre is dying (as I am told by many fedup residents of the town. The out of town retail parks don't do the centre any favours

PS. Just seen that PDF and got as far as page 17 and noticed "Over the next two decades, Freckleton Street will undergo a radical transformation to

become a major new mixed use quarter for Blackburn" LOL. I hope for Blackburn sake that PDF is at least 15 years old or the town could have a ringroad masterplan with a desert in the middle of it.

There is no ring road. There is a collection of side roads linked together by dozens of poorly designed junctions and one way routes. I could circumnavigate the M60 faster.

Nearby Preston is no oil painting and has the crap ring road (that goes through the centre!!) but no wonder more people head to Preston centre than Blackburn and use the walton le dale park and ride to avoid the ring road for the princely sum of £1.20. Last time I was in Blackburn centre half of it was still rubble and I was only there killing time (a coffee in the pavilion) before getting a train to Manchester.

Only the desperate would shop in Blackburn, hence the town centre is dying (as I am told by many fedup residents of the town. The out of town retail parks don't do the centre any favours

PS. Just seen that PDF and got as far as page 17 and noticed "Over the next two decades, Freckleton Street will undergo a radical transformation to

become a major new mixed use quarter for Blackburn" LOL. I hope for Blackburn sake that PDF is at least 15 years old or the town could have a ringroad masterplan with a desert in the middle of it.

yeah yeah! you've got some chip on your shoulder about Blackburn we get it.

No chip. You never seem to grasp that this is a place for opinions, or should I say differing opinions to yours :/

I am Blackburn born, but never actually lived within in the town borders (raised in Oswaldtwistle and as an adult lived there, Accy, West Didsbury and now Bamber Bridge) and I hate seeing the town dying a slow death. There are many in Blackburn, especially on the west side of the town, who find it far easier to head west for shopping and leisure. There is also a reason why passenger numbers on the train to Manchester has rocketed so much that there is talk of relaying the 2nd line.

The M65 was the best thing to happen (especially for Preston new road) as it allows drivers not only a better link to the M6 but also to miss Blackburn out completely, just like it did to Burnley when the first section opened.

There is no ring road. There is a collection of side roads linked together by dozens of poorly designed junctions and one way routes. I could circumnavigate the M60 faster.Nearby Preston is no oil painting and has the crap ring road (that goes through the centre!!) but no wonder more people head to Preston centre than Blackburn and use the walton le dale park and ride to avoid the ring road for the princely sum of £1.20. Last time I was in Blackburn centre half of it was still rubble and I was only there killing time (a coffee in the pavilion) before getting a train to Manchester.Only the desperate would shop in Blackburn, hence the town centre is dying (as I am told by many fedup residents of the town. The out of town retail parks don't do the centre any favoursPS. Just seen that PDF and got as far as page 17 and noticed "Over the next two decades, Freckleton Street will undergo a radical transformation tobecome a major new mixed use quarter for Blackburn" LOL. I hope for Blackburn sake that PDF is at least 15 years old or the town could have a ringroad masterplan with a desert in the middle of it.

The last time I was in Blackburn was over Christmas 2011. I was actually heartened at what I saw and was very impressed with the development on the Woolworths/TJ Hughes and Lord Square sites. There were lots of shops, it was busy and there were plenty of places to get a decent coffee. Bars were the missing ingredient and it seems that the nightime economy in Blackburn has taken a real down turn.

Accrington however, was a sad and depressing experience.

As an aside, I thought I had recently read that Blackburn's population is steadily increasing?

I really do need to take a trip into Blackburn to have a look Chris. Like I said the last time I was probably in the shopping centre was before the demolition when Lord Square was an absolute disgrace. The only thing is the drive into, and parking, just puts me off. I can just as easily walk into Preston via the old railway line to Avenham Park and have a beer in the Continental and pick up any items I need on my way to the Black Horse then eventually the (horrific) bus station ;)

I have also heard the sad news of the town centre pub scenes demise. I remember when the pubs first started opening later and sitting outside the Napier on a warm summers evening thinking it was like the Med. LOL

The topic has meandered a little from abusing fans to abusing the town lol

PS. Yes Accy is a craphole. It all started with the Arndale Centre, the pedestrianisation of Broadway and then the destruction of the market in favour of that sand coloured monstrosity they replaced it with

The last time I was in Blackburn was over Christmas 2011. I was actually heartened at what I saw and was very impressed with the development on the Woolworths/TJ Hughes and Lord Square sites. There were lots of shops, it was busy and there were plenty of places to get a decent coffee. Bars were the missing ingredient and it seems that the nightime economy in Blackburn has taken a real down turn.

Accrington however, was a sad and depressing experience.

As an aside, I thought I had recently read that Blackburn's population is steadily increasing?

Yes it is Chris. And this is the thing people don't seem to get. The worse thing that can happen to a town is depopulation ... that is the cancer of urban living. Luckily economics is color-blind ... so it makes no difference as to the makeup of a population (white, brown, pink or violet) .... only that there IS a population.

Archived