BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Never Again !

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I find it both surprising and depressing that sentiment towards Venkys appears to be slowly warming. Our transfer activity this summer has been utterly, utterly pathetic. Some would say it was inevitable with our losses last season, but that's based on the idea of normal cash-strapped owners who are justified in approaching things in an economical way. Venkys are neither cash-strapped nor justified. They are rich and they have caused untold damage to our club, damage that will continue to grow and likely never be repaired if they don't get their cheque books out and back Bowyer big time. Pay what they bloody well owe us. FFP be damned, if they wanted to they could find a way round it.

But they don't want to, they want to limit the damage to their company now. It should be obvious they've given up on Rovers, and if the ending of their egotistical dreams for the club is cause to give them an approving nod then I suppose I'll never understand some fans. They've given up being stupid all right, but they've also just plain given up. Its looking like we'll be a 12,000 crowds, bottom half Championship outfit for a very long time. Right now we're 1 Jordan Rhodes away from being Burnley. Venkys aren't fixing anything, they're not turning anything around, all they've done is took their foot off the gas but the train is still on its way off the cliff.

I find it both surprising and depressing that sentiment towards Venkys appears to be slowly warming. Our transfer activity this summer has been utterly, utterly pathetic. Some would say it was inevitable with our losses last season, but that's based on the idea of normal cash-strapped owners who are justified in approaching things in an economical way. Venkys are neither cash-strapped nor justified. They are rich and they have caused untold damage to our club, damage that will continue to grow and likely never be repaired if they don't get their cheque books out and back Bowyer big time. Pay what they bloody well owe us. FFP be damned, if they wanted to they could find a way round it.

But they don't want to, they want to limit the damage to their company now. It should be obvious they've given up on Rovers, and if the ending of their egotistical dreams for the club is cause to give them an approving nod then I suppose I'll never understand some fans. They've given up being stupid all right, but they've also just plain given up. Its looking like we'll be a 12,000 crowds, bottom half Championship outfit for a very long time. Right now we're 1 Jordan Rhodes away from being Burnley. Venkys aren't fixing anything, they're not turning anything around, all they've done is took their foot off the gas but the train is still on its way off the cliff.

Agreed SKH

I don't agree SKH / Stuart. That attendance figure is overestimated by somewhere between 30% and 50% imo.

Quite right. Good point Sam. First time in very many years that we have ended the season looking up at the clarets. I'd like to congratulate you but unfortunately it'd mean little cos it's more down to what the Venky's have done than anything you have done.

I stopped worrying about the dire plight of the club the moment that Fred Pickering was sold to one of our title rivals in the early 1960's ;) I've come to accept that I will experience good times and bad times following the Rovers and unless I stop attending matches I'm not going to change that situation. Personally, I just enjoy the football be it good, bad or indifferent.

+1

Me too PB.

You make it sound like we should be grateful.

More pertinent (if we are being hypothetical) is where would we be if they hadn't taken over in the first places. Chances are it would have been the PL.

Oh, and the protests were very strongly aimed at the removal of Kean. Sadly because people couldn't be bothered to join the protests it allowed Kean and his cronies to spin it as a minority against him. Had we stuck together against the charlatan and the entire fanbase protested he wouldn't have been able to do this.

It only turned to Venkys when it was clear they believed Team Kean's version of events and stuck by him.

It still upsets me to think of all those "Rovers fans" supping outside the BBE beer tent, watching Chelsea v Arsenal on the big screen. Many of whom I'm sure are now preferring to do exactly that than stick by Rovers.

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

And they did...

Grateful Stuart, you're having a giraffe.

Just a mere statement of fact that without their ongoing financial involvemement, we do not have a future. Even with, with the introduction of FFP regulations, I think we will unfortunately find our true level.

It was fun before, we lived the dream and it still could be fun in future.

The rational of financials has been debated to death on here in the past, in my opinion it's about time the penny dropped and realism kicked in, however hard it is to take. Unfortunately history can't be changed but the future can be influenced.

Venkys are the owners of the club and have been for nearly 3 years ....

They along with others were responsible for the delibrate relegation of Blackburn Rovers from the Premier league...

Having done that , they preceeded to do sweet F A in attempting to make a swift return .....

Realism as kicked in alright , relegation is inevitable whilst these cretins remain in charge ...

Nope. It's not making it any easier to swallow.

If we are doomed to find our level then I'd sooner it happened without Venkys. In the charge of a bunch of folks who actually care about the club.

Our collective balls are in a vice and we are somehow meant to continue hoping that they don't squeeze at any moment. A perpetual state of fear is our current future.

Anywho, what's your mate up to these days on the takeover front?

Nope. It's not making it any easier to swallow.

If we are doomed to find our level then I'd sooner it happened without Venkys. In the charge of a bunch of folks who actually care about the club.

Our collective balls are in a vice and we are somehow meant to continue hoping that they don't squeeze at any moment. A perpetual state of fear is our current future.

Anywho, what's your mate up to these days on the takeover front?

I presume you meant anyhow, seeing as you're usually extremely pedantic. Typo I guess.

I suspect the question you refer to sailed quite a while since. Initially through no dialogue and ultimately as a consequence of the financial lunacy that has been endemic at the club for the past eighteen months and the current status quo.

Who you refer to are no financial mugs but you knew that already.

Daddy built the empire. Remember that

I'm unsure who you are referring to B &W A but in any event is that not normally the case in most instances?

IMO, we're all p1ssed off with where we are but moaning and whinging about it will change nowt. Enjoy where we are and do our bit once again to get us back to where we'd all like to be.

As I've said previously, bin the antagonism but never forget and get back to what we all enjoy, get back to Ewood and support the bloody Rovers!

I presume you meant anyhow, seeing as you're usually extremely pedantic. Typo I guess.

I suspect the question you refer to sailed quite a while since. Initially through no dialogue and ultimately as a consequence of the financial lunacy that has been endemic at the club for the past eighteen months and the current status quo.

Who you refer to are no financial mugs but you knew that already.

I typed what I meant. Thanks for the self awareness tip though. I won't reciprocate.

Disappointing that your friend is no longer even in the shadows. I guess we really are totally screwed then. Thank goodness the Rovers Trust are around or we may we have NO club to look forward to.

That's just completely untrue from start to finish.

I expect us to disagree over this but I don't expect you to... I'll stop short of saying lie... re-write history to support your argument.

Does 1% ring any bells? Have you forgotten our match day record on relatively few protest days.

Perhaps you are recalling the Wigan match. That wasn't a protest, it was a mass epiphany.

Kean backed by Venkys' pride/ignorance/belligerence/naivety/stupidity (delete as appropriate) got us relegated, not the protests. Although I agree the lack of fan unity did cost us but not in the way you believe.

Look ... I didn't want to drag this up again ... things seemed to be getting better on here recently ... but I felt obliged to defend my corner after reading post #255 and the flurry of responses it stirred-up.

I have always been of the belief that protests during the game are counter-productive ... and nothing that has happened in the last couple of seasons has changed that view. "But we beat Arsenal after the first organized protest!" ... is the usual response when the subject is brought-up ... but unless my memory is playing tricks there was no overt sign of protest during the game that day. Contrast that with what happened during the West Brom, Bolton and Wigan games. Even Chelsea at home (as has been previously mentioned) you could see the plucky performance visibly ebb away to the accompaniment of the drone of the aircraft as it circled endlessly over Ewood.

Managers and coaches work tirelessly with players trying to extract the last few percentage points of improvement from performances. In the same way they meticulously account for each and every calorie consumed, they use psychology to ensure a player is in the right frame of mind. Can you honestly say that the poisonous atmosphere generated during certain games did not 'play with the heads' of our players and effect performances? Truthfully?

Laughable.

The West Brom game happened organically IN INJURY TIME as the team of cowards capaitulated AGAIN

The Bolton game was a f'king shambles in the first half and they deserved all they got. Nobody mentions the crowd then galvanised them the 2nd half (far more than Kean ever did) and almost unpicked all the pathetic work the team had done in the 1st half. 0-4 it could have been at half time

And the Wigan game was too late in the day for rainbows and unicorns

And it goes to show why we were relegated if the team were unnerved by A PLANE.....with....wait for it......a small banner on it....oh no, the terror of it....what a mind twister!

Maybe we should ask Ewood to be taken off any flightpaths?

Can you honestly say that the poisonous atmosphere generated during certain games did not 'play with the heads' of our players and effect performances? Truthfully?

The results on the days of organised protests don't bear that out. If anything it gave them nowhere to hide.

You cannot stop spontaneous frustration from boiling over, ES, particularly when most people where already past tipping point with Kean. Had they removed Kean then it would not have got that far.

People will always react to what is going on on the pitch - good or bad. If it's consistently bad then It will get worse. It happens in all clubs. The difference is that long before it turns to protests the manager is usually removed. Our case was extreme, maybe even unique in football. So it's no surprise that the reaction went the way it did.

What's more frustrating is that you know all this, you're not stupid, but you still play the party line AND blame the fans over Kean.

More going over old ground AGAIN but never forget Stuart that they didn't get rid of Kean because they COULDN'T!

How they ever got into that position is just more testament to their utter inadequacy.

I'm unsure who you are referring to B &W A but in any event is that not normally the case in most instances?

IMO, we're all p1ssed off with where we are but moaning and whinging about it will change nowt. Enjoy where we are and do our bit once again to get us back to where we'd all like to be.

As I've said previously, bin the antagonism but never forget and get back to what we all enjoy, get back to Ewood and support the bloody Rovers!

I am referring to Venkys. Daddy built the empire and passed it onto the 3 incompetents

Venkys are the owners of the club and have been for nearly 3 years ....

They along with others were responsible for the delibrate relegation of Blackburn Rovers from the Premier league...

Having done that , they preceeded to do sweet F A in attempting to make a swift return .....

Realism as kicked in alright , relegation is inevitable whilst these cretins remain in charge ...

darrenrover has a point (and I have laboured this point since we left the Prem) in suggesting that 'relegation' would be spelt 'receivership' without them. We are literally between the Devil and the deep blue sea.

Venkys finances? Its not evident in the transfer market. Just bums on freebies so far

They have spent a damned site more on BRFC than I would have thats for sure.

Archived