BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] The sad sad retirement of a man who rovers will never ever forget!

Tin hat time, but is Murphy any different from numerous other players who have joined the Rovers in the past and not lived up to expectations? I always thought he was a decent but not outstanding midfield player. He did extremely well at Fulham where he seemed to find his niche. I've no doubt that when he came to the Rovers he thought he could do a job but, sadly, it proved one move too many. He is not the first veteran to be signed by the Rovers to find that his "legs had gone" so to speak and the longer we are out of the Premier League the more likely that there will be others to come.

I think the fact that Murphy backed the manager who signed him and made him captain did him no favours but at the end of the day he was never going to do anything else. I believe that some of his wife's remarks about the Rovers were questionable but you can't hold that against him.

At the end of the day if the Rovers were daft enough to offer him a huge amount of money to come to Ewood Park you can't blame him for being daft enough to accept it. Many players go on one season too many because football has been all they have known since being at school and they all believe that they have one more season in them. We have seen any number of players at Ewood in the past who arrived with fantastic reputations and simply couldn't reproduce their best form at Ewood.

I must admit that the odd time I've seen him on MoTD I've quite enjoyed his contributions. Former players bring a knowledge that we as fans don't have. Personally, I like the fact that the Beeb are now following Sky's example and getting in younger players/ex-players to give their opinions.

I accept that this opinion is a minority one but then football is a game of opinions.

Tin hat time, but is Murphy any different from numerous other players who have joined the Rovers in the past and not lived up to expectations? I always thought he was a decent but not outstanding midfield player. He did extremely well at Fulham where he seemed to find his niche. I've no doubt that when he came to the Rovers he thought he could do a job but, sadly, it proved one move too many. He is not the first veteran to be signed by the Rovers to find that his "legs had gone" so to speak and the longer we are out of the Premier League the more likely that there will be others to come.

I think the fact that Murphy backed the manager who signed him and made him captain did him no favours but at the end of the day he was never going to do anything else. I believe that some of his wife's remarks about the Rovers were questionable but you can't hold that against him.

At the end of the day if the Rovers were daft enough to offer him a huge amount of money to come to Ewood Park you can't blame him for being daft enough to accept it. Many players go on one season too many because football has been all they have known since being at school and they all believe that they have one more season in them. We have seen any number of players at Ewood in the past who arrived with fantastic reputations and simply couldn't reproduce their best form at Ewood.

I must admit that the odd time I've seen him on MoTD I've quite enjoyed his contributions. Former players bring a knowledge that we as fans don't have. Personally, I like the fact that the Beeb are now following Sky's example and getting in younger players/ex-players to give their opinions.

I accept that this opinion is a minority one but then football is a game of opinions.

Are you Henry Fonda in disguise?

He should be nicknamed the Blackburn 'Boxer' as we are bit animal farm these days. The glue factory is the best place for the little lamb.

Archived