BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ipswich Town vs. BRFC (Off. match preview)

Daremz

You're quite right I couldn't give stats on other midfielders. However, only making 6 out of 10 passes, 6 out of 10 tackles and closing a shot down once every 3 games is shocking for a player in his position regardless of who you compare it to.

Therefore by definition your opinion is made without any real basis...... as I suppose is mine.

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is it time we wagered on how long it is before he is forced out of the club by the boo boys whose faces contort in fury every time there is a misplaced pass or wayward shot? Typical of them too that when favourites Kean up it is met with silence.

May as well ask the MGP/Lowe haters who will be the next target of their inadequacy whilst we are at it, cos they most definitely do need to have one.

Like any Rovers player past or present the fans wont jump down on a player straight away. It will have been something thats built up over a period of time. For me the Rovers fans in the main are a very patient bunch but if they see a players performance level dropping below what they expect then are they wrong to criticise.

At least for now the Rovers fans dont boo Jason Lowe or any other Rovers players for that matter do they.

Like any Rovers player past or present the fans wont jump down on a player straight away. It will have been something thats built up over a period of time. For me the Rovers fans in the main are a very patient bunch but if they see a players performance level dropping below what they expect then are they wrong to criticise.

At least for now the Rovers fans dont boo Jason Lowe or any other Rovers players for that matter do they.

Really? I rem Messrs Speedie, Todd, Bellamy, Savage, EHD etc getting lots of vitriolic abuse before they even put pen to paper from some members of our 'very patient bunch' who appeared to feel that they didn't have enough moral fibre to play for us. Joey Barton was getting it too and he never did sign.

Speedie? Todd?

Poppycock

Speedie was a 1st division player coming to what had been a rubbin rag 2nd division nearlymen club. A signing that first showed us that Jack really was serious. Whereas Todd could only be commended for cuffing "Mr Orange" round the chops.

Even Bellamy was a signing that most were excited about inspite of his well documented trouble making and ego. The other two were/are just cheats (obviously only when they play against you ;) )

Really? I rem Messrs Speedie, Todd, Bellamy, Savage, EHD etc getting lots of vitriolic abuse before they even put pen to paper from some members of our 'very patient bunch' who appeared to feel that they didn't have enough moral fibre to play for us. Joey Barton was getting it too and he never did sign.

Before they signed ?

The best baromiter to a players success with the fans at Ewood has to be when they chant their name. All above seemed to have their name sung by the Ewood faithful so you have to ask just when will the Ewood faithful come up with a song/chant for Jason I wonder.

Tell me a set of fans who didn't or don't give stick to those mentioned.

I can't quite get my head around people saying "who else would we play in central midfield" or "who can we really compare Lowe too" when the answer is pretty obvious, compare the partnership of Lowe and Williamson, to the partnership of Williamson and Cairney, the latter comes out way on top.

Before they signed ?

This board wasn't up when we signed Speedie of course but the others got varying amounts of criticism as soon as we were linked from some of the luminaries on here.

I can't quite get my head around people saying "who else would we play in central midfield" or "who can we really compare Lowe too" when the answer is pretty obvious, compare the partnership of Lowe and Williamson, to the partnership of Williamson and Cairney, the latter comes out way on top.

Not in the opinions of the managers that we have had over the past 3 years ....... not that they are up to all that much.

Must say I may be commenting without much foundation as I've not seen much of Williamson until recently but my current impression is that he is nothing special, something of a ball watcher (I hesitate to say lazy until I've seen more of him) and painfully slow.

Please could you elaborate on that? Also explain what criteria are you using to judge?

• Backroom

After the QPR performance (a very good tally of clean sheets at home), I'm amazed Lowe comes in for the stick he does.

People should have a go at just watching Lowe for about 10mins, then they'd understand his value to the team. He isn't what I would call a 'footballer' as his technique is naff, but his athleticism and relentless harassing of the opposition (including, but not limited to, tackles) reminds me a little of Steven Reid, although Reid was a genuine box-to-box player rather than a defensive midfielder.

My player summary:

Campbell 3 - Good attempt 1st minute but anonymous after that. Looked more likely to be sent off than doing anything constructive. Deservedly booked & deservedly subbed, although much too late. Those wanting him to start after Sat would have changed their mind very quickly last night.

No further comment necessary.....

Archived