BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ipswich Town vs. BRFC (Off. match preview)

Daremz

• Backroom

Campbell should not be in the squad never mind playing ...

Very Bizarre !

The problem is we've never played DJ in the position he's best suited in - mainly because Rhodes is already there. DJ can't play "in the hole", it isn't his position and quite frankly he just isn't very good at it. He can't impose himself and he doesn't have the strength to hold the ball up or the skill to bring others into play effectively. Having Jordan in the team is a blessing but we don't need two of him on the pitch, and DJ is just a less talented version of Rhodes playing out of position.

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't want to speculate on 'personal reasons' but if she has had a baby and if they are both OK then it really is no excuse.

From leaving Ewood in positive spirit on Saturday to find that the two stand out players against Leeds Dunny and Taylor were not even in the squad was both disappointing and perplexing. In fact very very 'Keanesque' cos anybody who had a good game and especially if they scored usually found themselves dropped next game by Coco. Any positive psychology that may have been intended was always lost on me.

I was trying to be kind to Bowyer, maybe the baby had been taken into hospital or something.

But I must admit I found it rather strange, and wondered if the manager was getting some help with team selection.

I better put my tin hat on now !

Is that true?! Can't tell if your taking kean or not.

So, are you saying that science has shown that stick is far more effective than carrot?

it's true.

Pre-puberty You would say this: Well done little Johny, good try mate, you'll get it right next time. Next time do this and that ok

Post puberty it becomes this. Not good enough Johny, you know better than that. Next time do this and that ok

Positivity when young and then negativity for adulthood.

• Backroom

it's true.

Pre-puberty You would say this: Well done little Johny, good try mate, you'll get it right next time. Next time do this and that ok

Post puberty it becomes this. Not good enough Johny, you know better than that. Next time do this and that ok

Positivity when young and then negativity for adulthood.

Interesting stuff. I suppose an argument could be made that modern day professional footballers pretty much act and think like pre-pubescent teens though.

And I am not even joking either. Having met a few of them in their early 20's I have been stunned by how immature they can be.

Their plan isn't to spunk millions into the club indefinitely either. And what follows when they pull out? It's certainly not riding unicorns to a topless model party I can tell you

That's why they are cutting back on high earners and more will be shed in Jan/summer. The truth is, you have to spend a lot of money to get to the prem.

If they pull out then, of course, it's game over. Nothing so far has suggested they will pull out. They've continued to spend a large amount of their own money on the club and have ignored all potential bidders for a buy out. Venkys are incompetent but nothing so far has suggested they will just bail out, quite the opposite. I would love them to leave rovers but I think we are stuck with them.

So, that was one hell of a journey. Back at 3.15am & gutted we didn't take all 3pts as they were definitely there for us if we'd have put our best foot forward. Wrong team for me & GB has to take the blame and set up in a positive manner on Sat at QPR, with Cairney in CM a must.

Fans were terrific last night, a full first half of "Barmy Army" despite being behind for half of it. Enjoyed the first half atmosphere, if not the 2nd half performance.

My player summary:

Kean 3 - They had 3 shots on target, scored from all 3. Perhaps could have got closer to the first (although not his fault) but the 3rd goal?? Wow. Forget the mistake but his reaction afterwards just told me everything I need to know. He really wasn't surprised!

Kane 4 - Struggled with Hunt & Cresswell down that side, needs to get tighter to prevent crosses coming in.

Dann 5 - Must share responsibility with Kean for the 3rd goal but at least he did try & rally the troops. Certainly more than most of them.

Hanley 5 - Came off injured & must be a doubt for Sat. Not great but not awful. Winds me up though that he doesn't go forward for Spurr's long throws.

Spurr 4 - Worst game he's had. Usually solid but not so last night. I also don't think him & King work. He's a bit too deliberate in his attacking play, need to get the ball going far quicker. Biggest danger was his throw ins.

Cairney 6 - Wasted out wide again & him drifting inside allowed their left back to get forward time & time again. Roamed around the pitch when 3-1 down & looks a different player then, getting into great positions. Must start CM.

Williamson 3 - Someone said he was one of the better players last night. Well, I must have watched a different game. Constantly ahead of the play allowing their CM's to get in behind. This contributed to the first 2 goals, I believe. Could well have been more.

Lowe 4 - This was the Lowe of old. Pretty similar to Williamson although still did the dirty stuff reasonably well. I've always said it, he looks a better player with a quality player alongside (Cairney / Evans)

King 4 - Getting frustrated by people thinking he's a shoo in. Fast, direct but no final ball & lost the ball almost every time he got it last night. Struggled last night as Edwards (their RW) was faster than King & therefore his main asset was numbed. Normally I'd say it would be the right decision to substitute him but there were worst players last night.

Campbell 3 - Good attempt 1st minute but anonymous after that. Looked more likely to be sent off than doing anything constructive. Deservedly booked & deservedly subbed, although much too late. Those wanting him to start after Sat would have changed their mind very quickly last night.

Rhodes 6 - Best all round first half he's had all season. Looked really sharp & was a constant threat culminating in a terrific goal that he really made for himself. Tailed off 2nd half & twice made the wrong decision from very promising positions but was still making the runs & putting in the effort. Better.

Subs:

Killgallon 5 - Defensively solid but looked more a marauding defender, getting forward at every opportunity. Did ok.

Marshall 6 - He's been poor so far but I saw some glimpses of what he could be. May not be as quick as King or as direct but whipped in 3 or 4 excellent balls into the box that were just begging for someone to be on the end of. Promising & would like him to get another chance soon.

Gestede 5 - Big lad, puts himself about & will give us a different option.

The game was crying out for someone to run at them through the middle as their CM & CD was very slow & static. If ever calls for Rochina were warranted, it was last night. GB, you made the wrong decision with that one.

Why was Dunn dropped completely that's what I want to know?

If it was that he was being rested for the QPR game then that is completely bonkers. Surely, you should be going all out with your best players in a game that is winnable, than a game that 9 times out of ten (QPR away) you are going to get beat. Dunn is coming to a bit now, he's the most creative player we have, and after the 0-0 with Reading and Leeds win, we could have gone for it yesterday and got another win, that would have been 7 points off play off contenders and also would have built some real momentum and got a us on a little run and that's what this division is all about, getting 3 good results or so on the trot and ultimately building the confidence to go on a really good run of form. However we chop and change far to much for that to be possible for me.

King was much more effective v Leeds when we went on the right, basing his game much more on instinct. He should have started RM last night, and if as you say his pace was being nullified by Edwards, surely Bowyer should swap wingers in order to get more joy. He mixed it up by moving Taylor centrally on Saturday but apparently that was worked on in training according to someone on here. He needs to react better mid game to circumstances like these.

King was much more effective v Leeds when we went on the right, basing his game much more on instinct. He should have started RM last night, and if as you say his pace was being nullified by Edwards, surely Bowyer should swap wingers in order to get more joy. He mixed it up by moving Taylor centrally on Saturday but apparently that was worked on in training according to someone on here. He needs to react better mid game to circumstances like these.

With Kane / Henley's attacking instinct & pace, King should definitely start on the right. 2 fast players on one side will worry any defence. Spurr is too deliberate & therefore easy to get 2 players on King from the get go.

Going off the whole game, it's Williamson that should go. Not Lowe.

Respect that Russ the pair of them then.

What a pity it is that Leon Best is fully fit yet an arrogant so and so that we have DJ on and not quite fully fit in fact when has DJ been match fit or good enough.

Beggars belief the lunes keep pouring money into the Ribble, whilst their baby gets carried off on the tidal waters into the Irish Sea.....as they've had their telly upgraded for Sky, do they put on series record and are just miles behind on catch up?

I too was buoyed by Sat's result.....I too was amazed Dunny was nowhere to be seen, if Taylor had personal issues, not for me to question it, I'm sure he'd have played if he could after Sat's performance. But why did GB tinker? Cairney played well in the centre, Dunny is still only 33? I realise he's injury prone, but if fit should be in the squad, even if only as an impact player last 20. Why not play your best 11? We are kean on the road, yet he goes conservative.....all that went state we were in the race 1st half......yet he berates the performance, but he picked the wrong team, and didn't sub when necessary......then again, when Dunny & Taylor play at QPR, we'll no doubt do a kean and win against the odds! I can dream.......

Beggars belief the lunes keep pouring money into the Ribble, whilst their baby gets carried off on the tidal waters into the Irish Sea.....as they've had their telly upgraded for Sky, do they put on series record and are just miles behind on catch up?

I too was buoyed by Sat's result.....I too was amazed Dunny was nowhere to be seen, if Taylor had personal issues, not for me to question it, I'm sure he'd have played if he could after Sat's performance. But why did GB tinker? Cairney played well in the centre, Dunny is still only 33? I realise he's injury prone, but if fit should be in the squad, even if only as an impact player last 20. Why not play your best 11? We are kean on the road, yet he goes conservative.....all that went state we were in the race 1st half......yet he berates the performance, but he picked the wrong team, and didn't sub when necessary......then again, when Dunny & Taylor play at QPR, we'll no doubt do a kean and win against the odds! I can dream.......

GB said Dunny got a knock against Leeds

GB said Dunny got a knock against Leeds

Chaddy said rested prior to game but having said that, Dunny plays a game, likely to get a knock.......that keeps him out for next 10...... So apologies to David, GB for being a victim of circumstance, and me for being wrong!.......or is GB using mind games to freak out QPR?

I was supportive of Bowyer, fully believing he would drive us into the playoffs late. Not so sure now. Why? Insistance on playing Cairney out wide even after he had it forced on him to have tom in the middle last Saturday and had success with it. Still he reverts to type. The biggest factor for me though is the refusal to shore up the keeper position woth a loan. How many goals has kean single handedly cost us. Add to that the effect it must have on the back four and to me a keeper should have been a high priority. I know we have Robinson but he is not so great either black eye for Gary.

I was supportive of Bowyer, fully believing he would drive us into the playoffs late. Not so sure now. Why? Insistance on playing Cairney out wide even after he had it forced on him to have tom in the middle last Saturday and had success with it. Still he reverts to type. The biggest factor for me though is the refusal to shore up the keeper position woth a loan. How many goals has kean single handedly cost us. Add to that the effect it must have on the back four and to me a keeper should have been a high priority. I know we have Robinson but he is not so great either black eye for Gary.

We had a good keeper, his club wanted a million, we sent him back, we bought Marshall for a million........top decision........that third goal.......if I was Jake, I'd ask to be given a break.

Chaddy said rested prior to game but having said that, Dunny plays a game, likely to get a knock.......that keeps him out for next 10...... So apologies to David, GB for being a victim of circumstance, and me for being wrong!.......or is GB using mind games to freak out QPR?

No worries. I sure as hell don't know either. Just noted that comment from GB in the almost monosyllabic interview.If it were a choice, surely GB would have used him for last night, where we had a chance(on paper)of getting something?

Can't believe the defending. For the first 2 goals the player picking the ball up had time to mis-control, stumble and have a cup of tea before putting it in. You play 6 defenders and no-one gets a challenge in......shocking,

The first goal is the sitter's fault. He drops back when not needed to make a 3rd CB, leaving a hole where he should be. The rest of the team are obliviously carrying on with their job. The ball comes out to that area, the Ipswich player reacts first, goal. Sloppy.

All 3 goals are silly errors, disappointing.

Archived