BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ipswich Town vs. BRFC (Off. match preview)

Daremz

No worries. I sure as hell don't know either. Just noted that comment from GB in the almost monosyllabic interview.If it were a choice, surely GB would have used him for last night, where we had a chance(on paper)of getting something?

according to the Rovers website Dunn was rested but Dunn did picked up a knock against Leeds on Saturday. Bowyer confirmed this last night after the game.

here are Bowyer after match comments. http://audioboo.fm/boos/1774306-audio-bbclancashire-ipswich-3-blackburn-1-gary-bowyer

he sounded very angry and felt let down by some players. I think on Saturday we will see at least 3 or 4 changes.

also good to see hear that Marshall look fairly decent coming off the bench. hope he starts on Saturday personally

If anyone seriously thinks this guy will get us up now or anytime, venkys or no venkys, then they are deluded. If promotion is to even be a twinkle in Shebbys eye, then a change needs to be made sooner rather than later. kean or bust

Bowyer has had 18 games. FFS. he needs to be given a full season and judge him at the end of the season.

also its time the players stepped up and starting performing and STOP making silly mistakes.

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

His players, his team...wigan are just behind us with 2 games in hand and whelan got rid. I know Bowyers a nice chap and not an annoying git like wee Coyley but he still needs to be supervised, advised by someone more experienced....I'm not saying he should leave the club, but he ain't no master tactician is he?

His players, his team...wigan are just behind us with 2 games in hand and whelan got rid. I know Bowyers a nice chap and not an annoying git like wee Coyley but he still needs to be supervised, advised by someone more experienced....I'm not saying he should leave the club, but he ain't no master tactician is he?

so you think Bowyer will drop down from being manager to be number 2 then???

plus you think Holloway is a master tactician cos he isn't? cost Blackpool staying up in PL by not changes his over attacking tactics.

plus Coyle had lost the support of Whelan during 4 days after Whelan comments to Sky Sports that he wanted Coyle to stayed for years. what a 2 face git he was.

also think Jewell was get the Wigan job btw

We've been facing financial ruin for the past 3 years and it hasn't materialised. When we got relegated everyone was saying we face financial ruin yet we broke our transfer record and spent a huge amount of money. Apparently, last season was promotion or bust yet we are still here and spent a decent amount of money on players in the summer. We are, again, in the same situation where people are saying it's promotion or bust this season. It's not, we will still be here this time next season. We will have to shed some high earners but we'll still be here. The FFP could, of course, be a major issue (if it fully materialises). There are ways round the FFP even if the punishments and demands are as severe as they are claiming.

Regardless of who was manager this season, promotion was always going to be an extremely long shot. You have to build a promotion winning team, al la Cardiff, Leicester, Hull etc.

Which VENKYSCUM member are you?

Observations from that.

- First goal Lowe gets sucked to the right in the vain hope of making an interception that wasn't even on, thus leaving the goalscorer completely on his own on the edge of the box. I suppose you take those risks in football (i.e. if he makes the interception we may have the opportunity to break) but it was hugely costly and good players read the game better than that.

-Second goal as I said nightmare for Kane. I do not understand how a professional footballer cannot recognise a simple positional change i.e. dann goes RB to cover him and lowe sits in at CB. If Kane had done his job and just sat in the hole where the ball was passed to then either hunt doesn't get it (interception), or Kane has the opportunity to make a challenge before he gets into the box. After that, poor clearance by Lowe on the stretch.

Third goal - terrible mix up. It looks as though Dann is telling Kean rather than vice versa. A keeper is the defenders eyes and he makes the decision as to whether he wants it. IF Kean has said 'keepers ball' he has to commit, otherwise he should be screaming at Dann to put it out for a throw in. His confidence is drained and so too is the others confidence in him.
Quick word on Dann. Once he has decided to leave it for Kean, why on earth doesn't he run across their forward and make him go around him. He just lets him have a free run at Kean, thus putting pressure on an already panicky keeper. As a defender it's so basic to make yourself a big object to get around when the ball is running out/ running to the keeper etc. Basics.

Word on Rhodes - great run and once the keeper commits he makes it easy but fair play to the lad, he goes around him and finishes typically coolly. I think DE may have said further up, if Rhodes goes down there then the keeper is off. In many ways I congratulate his honesty and desire to score. On the other hand if I was Boyer I might just have a word with him about going down under contact next time.

If Rhodes went down and then missed the penalty he would be skinnned alive.

Seems the gratitude for saving us from relegation has totally dicipated

:lol: I keep saying this but you are the strangest poster on this MB.

I think £40kpw is quite enough gratitude, don't you? Couple that with hearing the dulcet tones of 'he scores when he wants' from a small section of the Darwen End every 4 minutes and he can't fail to recognise our gratitude.

You'll have to remind me, which games did we win when we only fielded one player?

On the other hand, if someone said Shearer won Rovers the title with his goals in 94/95 - would you take exception to that?

Answer is: No. You wouldn't give it a second glance.

• Backroom

On the other hand, if someone said Shearer won Rovers the title with his goals in 94/95 - would you take exception to that?

Answer is: No. You wouldn't give it a second glance.

Of course you would what a daft comment

If there was ever a proper team that one was it

Warning: Parental advisory. Highly disturbing defending and goalkeeping.

Just seen this.

IT goal 1... Ale house ball in the air for a long time.Spurr should have directed his header better. Defenders learn at a very early age not to head a ball to the centre of your own 18 yard line, basic stuff. Kean might have done better too. BUT the person most to blame was imo Williamson. Lowe had been dragged wide to cover the short ball but a supposed defensive midfielder he was way too high up the pitch and even worse wrong side of the ball. Effectively he was marking nobody and just ball watching and jogging back.

IT goal 2.. Step forward again Lee Willamson. Hunt had covered twice as much ground as he had and imo he was left blowing bubbles again as he jogged back.

IT goal 3... Keans error of course but remarkeably similar to Rhodes's goal. I realise this is the latest in a string of such goofs but has their keeper been targetted for criticism as Kean has?

:lol: I keep saying this but you are the strangest poster on this MB.

I think £40kpw is quite enough gratitude, don't you? Couple that with hearing the dulcet tones of 'he scores when he wants' from a small section of the Darwen End every 4 minutes and he can't fail to recognise our gratitude.

Remove Rhodes from last seasons team and the result was relegation. Nobody else would have scored the same amount or even been in the right postcode to convert the chances. Yet many are now rounding on him because he isn't a hold up style, skill bereft clopper like Jason Roberts.

If/when Rhodes beggars off (when he realises we are going nowhere fast) people will get their wish to see some clopper like Gedeste, or another unimaginative concrete booted Bowyer signing, as our lone striker. If you think things are dull now...... :0

Just seen this.

IT goal 1... Ale house ball in the air for a long time.Spurr should have directed his header better. Defenders learn at a very early age not to head a ball to the centre of your own 18 yard line, basic stuff. Kean might have done better too. BUT the person most to blame was imo Williamson. Lowe had been dragged wide to cover the short ball but a supposed defensive midfielder he was way too high up the pitch and even worse wrong side of the ball. Effectively he was marking nobody and just ball watching and jogging back.

IT goal 2.. Step forward again Lee Willamson. Hunt had covered twice as much ground as he had and imo he was left blowing bubbles again as he jogged back.

IT goal 3... Keans error of course but remarkeably similar to Rhodes's goal. I realise this is the latest in a string of such goofs but has their keeper been targetted for criticism as Kean has?

Agreed re: Williamson. Not surprising that it's Lowe receiving all the flak, though.

Can't believe people carping on about Rhodes should have gone down and got there keeper sent off. What if the ref didn't give a damn pen ????

Plus ipswhich had 3 defenders running back. Would have been very easy for the ref to bottle it and only give a yellow.

Take the goal all day every day

No worries. I sure as hell don't know either. Just noted that comment from GB in the almost monosyllabic interview.If it were a choice, surely GB would have used him for last night, where we had a chance(on paper)of getting something?

Bit unfair / unecessary that. It's a complete irrelevence. I rem one of the least comfortable managers in front of the cameras was Sir Alf Ramsey. Shanks and Paisley too both preferred to be out of the spotlight.

Just seen this.

You're better than that: Watch Kane get dragged across to hold hands with Dann, that's where the space appeared.

EDIT: Sorry, know what you mean, Williamson does appear to be way way behind - that's poor

For their 2nd goal who was the moron who, whilst sat on his arse, decided to set the player up with a limp wristed clearance? I can't make out the number or the face

Lowe

Plus ipswhich had 3 defenders running back. Would have been very easy for the ref to bottle it and only give a yellow.

Take the goal all day every day

Exactly ! Rhodes had one thing on his mind and that was stick the ball in the net. In any case would we have beaten or even drawn against ten men? Doubt it, it was always destined to be one of them nights i think :(

You're better than that: Watch Kane get dragged across to hold hands with Dann, that's where the space appeared.

Indeed. Point is that both defenders and defensive midfielders have to stay goal side of the opposition (even though it means a lot of work off the ball) in the possibility that a team mate makes a mistake OR the opposition do something special. How many times do commentators and pundits use the line 'he was dragged out of position by x's run'?

For their 2nd goal who was the moron who, whilst sat on his arse, decided to set the player up with a limp wristed clearance? I can't make out the number or the face

Moron???? Credit where credit is due. A poor clearance certainly but made whilst leaning back and off balance BUT he was the same moron who a split second earlier had tracked back to block a certain goal by Hunt when Dann was struggling to get back. That is the type of off-the-ball running that you and many others fail to notice. You might also like to opine where the two 'morons' (to use your term) at left back and left midfield were too.

Watch again and make sure you report back.

• Backroom

No not since MGP left. Lowe has now been elevated by the know nowts to public enemy No 1.

Funny thing is now, no matter how badly Lowe plays, you, Jim and the rest of Lowe's fan club will always pull out the scapegoat card. Fact is he was shocking on Tuesday, absolutely appalling. Below average players like Lowe are the reason we're inconsistant and unable to get past mid-table, yet instead you and the self-appointed sages of the forum sit there and happily blame our top scorer for everything.

Archived