BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ipswich Town vs. BRFC (Off. match preview)

Daremz

This may make some minds up.

Jason Lowe Stats this season and last

GAMES - 57

GOALS - 1

ASSISTS - 3

SHOTS ON TARGET (OUT OF A TOTAL OF 30) - 26.7%

PASS COMPLETION RATE - 64.5%

HEADING CHALLENGE SUCCESS RATE - 60%

AVERAGE MATCH RATING - 6

AVERAGE CLEARENCES PER GAME - 1.9

AVERAGE BLOCK SHOTS PER GAME - 0.3

TACKLE SUCCESS RATE -65%

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GAMES - 57

GOALS - 1

ASSISTS - 3

AVERAGE MATCH RATING - 6

TACKLE SUCCESS RATE -65%

Not too bad when you look at it like that.

Bit unfair / unecessary that. It's a complete irrelevence. I rem one of the least comfortable managers in front of the cameras was Sir Alf Ramsey. Shanks and Paisley too both preferred to be out of the spotlight.

No. On the contrary. Bowyer is more articulate. The monosyllabic bit was merely a reflection of his frustration and anger.

That is entirely relevant to hear that he is angry with the crap served up by his defenders and keeper.

Moron???? Credit where credit is due. A poor clearance certainly but made whilst leaning back and off balance BUT he was the same moron who a split second earlier had tracked back to block a certain goal by Hunt when Dann was struggling to get back. That is the type of off-the-ball running that you and many others fail to notice. You might also like to opine where the two 'morons' (to use your term) at left back and left midfield were too.

Watch again and make sure you report back.

I have seen it Gordon and I think were Lowe is concerned you are seriously in danger of becomming a little love blind :). After being twisted in all directions by the workmanlike Hunt Lowe then decides to meekly clear the ball whilst off balance even though the player right next to him was in a great position to kean the ball out for a corner. Irrespective of where other players were the assist is all his. If he had a brain he'd be fit for McDonalds

Anyone who thinks the half dimensional plodder is anything other than a lower league one clopper is the supreme definition of a 'know nowt'. It's quite hilarous, if a little worrying (about what some people see) :D

(no doubt another predictable name, and one of your other unrequited loves, will eventually rear it's ugly head in your retort)

GAMES - 57

GOALS - 1

ASSISTS - 3

AVERAGE MATCH RATING - 6

TACKLE SUCCESS RATE -65%

Blimey, that's appalling.

So, for every 10 backwards or sideways 10 yard passes J-Lo attempts just over 6 are successful??

S### the bed.

GAMES - 57

GOALS - 1

ASSISTS - 3

AVERAGE MATCH RATING - 6

TACKLE SUCCESS RATE -65%

Do they have stats for actual tackles made per game and tackles that he pulls out of

His players, his team...wigan are just behind us with 2 games in hand and whelan got rid. I know Bowyers a nice chap and not an annoying git like wee Coyley but he still needs to be supervised, advised by someone more experienced....I'm not saying he should leave the club, but he ain't no master tactician is he?

Wigan have an extremely talented squad that should easily be in the top 6. We have a very inexperienced team that is short on quality in certain areas and have suffered injuries to key players this season. Mid table is about right for the squad we have and that's exactly where we are.

Not a master tactician? He's not perfect but 5 clean sheets out of 6 at home ain't bad and shows he does have tactical nous. Would kean have ever been able to organise a defence to keep 5 clean sheets out of 6 at home? Who was the last manager to be able to achieve that kind of defensive record at ewood?

His major tactical failing so far has been playing cairney out wide. I would say individual errors rather than tactics have caused our problems away from home. Look at the last two away games, etuhu came on at Brighton and had a shocker and was at fault plus kean made a clanger. Against Ipswich, Kean makes another clanger and more individual mistakes.

GAMES - 57

GOALS - 1

ASSISTS - 3

AVERAGE MATCH RATING - 6

TACKLE SUCCESS RATE -65%

Massive room for improvement with stats like that especially if you take the game out in which he scored you then see that hes contributed very little to making the team an effective force.

The one stat that does surprise me, as its a definite weakness of his, is, the heading challenge success rate wouldnt have thought it was that high.

Massive room for improvement with stats like that especially if you take the game out in which he scored you then see that hes contributed very little to making the team an effective force.

The one stat that does surprise me, as its a definite weakness of his, is, the heading challenge success rate wouldnt have thought it was that high.

Definite room for improvement IMO also. In regards to the heading challenge success rate, he only actually makes on averge 1 per game, therefore i suppose it's more or less one game he wins the sole header he challenges for and the next he loses.

As we can see he is terrible going forward and contributes next to nothing, however people (his defenders) will say that he is there to do the dirty work and clear things up, however as we can see his tackle success rate isn't brilliant and his clearance and blocks totals per game are pretty low (sorry for the pun) therefore is he really contributing that much to the team?

In my opinion No.

Definite room for improvement IMO also. In regards to the heading challenge success rate, he only actually makes on averge 1 per game, therefore i suppose it's more or less one game he wins the sole header he challenges for and the next he loses.

As we can see he is terrible going forward and contributes next to nothing, however people (his defenders) will say that he is there to do the dirty work and clear things up, however as we can see his tackle success rate isn't brilliant and his clearance and blocks totals per game are pretty low (sorry for the pun) therefore is he really contributing that much to the team?

In my opinion No.

Just ONE solitary goal, and just THREE assists from your central midfielder in 57 games ! ( How does this compare with a top defender over a similar period )

Is it any wonder that the team has only scored 22 goals in 18 games.

When he crosses the half way line maybe everyone should cheer loudly for their £20 plus entrance fee in future.

• Backroom

Just ONE solitary goal, and just THREE assists from your defensive central midfielder in 57 games! One of the best defensive midfielders ever (Makelele) only scored 18 first team goals in 20 years. So an average one like Lowe only has half that rate of goals. Not bad, really. (How does this compare with a top defender over a similar period?)Nelsen was pisspoor then, eh?

Is it any wonder that the team has only scored 22 goals in 18 games. Oh, nothing to do with every other striker, midfielder or winger who's played not delivering. It's ALL because of Lowe.

When he crosses the half way line maybe everyone should cheer loudly for their £20 plus entrance fee in future. Fairly sure it isn't his job to get forward and dictate the play. I'd like to know his stats THIS season only (since he added the forward runs to his game).

Just ONE solitary goal, and just THREE assists from your central midfielder in 57 games ! ( How does this compare with a top defender over a similar period )

Is it any wonder that the team has only scored 22 goals in 18 games.

When he crosses the half way line maybe everyone should cheer loudly for their £20 plus entrance fee in future.

Is it time we wagered on how long it is before he is forced out of the club by the boo boys whose faces contort in fury every time there is a misplaced pass or wayward shot? Typical of them too that when favourites Kean up it is met with silence.

May as well ask the MGP/Lowe haters who will be the next target of their inadequacy whilst we are at it, cos they most definitely do need to have one.

I have seen it Gordon and I think were Lowe is concerned you are seriously in danger of becomming a little love blind :). After being twisted in all directions by the workmanlike Hunt Lowe then decides to meekly clear the ball whilst off balance even though the player right next to him was in a great position to kean the ball out for a corner. Irrespective of where other players were the assist is all his. If he had a brain he'd be fit for McDonalds

Anyone who thinks the half dimensional plodder is anything other than a lower league one clopper is the supreme definition of a 'know nowt'. It's quite hilarous, if a little worrying (about what some people see) :D

(no doubt another predictable name, and one of your other unrequited loves, will eventually rear it's ugly head in your retort)

I'm a Lowe defender not really a Lowe lover. He isn't a 'great' but unlike you and others I try to view players equally and criticise them objectively rather than subjectively. Picking on one player spreads like a virus at Ewood. Thank Kean I appear to be immune to it..... although I must admit to criticising the desperately dodgy signing of Danny bloody Murphy! As usual my judgement was bang on too.

Is it time we wagered on how long it is before he is forced out of the club by the boo boys with their faces all twisted in fury every time there is a misplaced pass or wayward shot? Typical of them too that when favourites Kean up it is met with silence.

May as well ask the MGP/Lowe haters who will be the next target of their inadequacy whilst we are at it, cos they most definitely do need to have one.

The one thing for sure is that there will be a replacement for every scapegoat driven out. I was trying to recall some of the moire celebrated ones...Jimmy Quinn,Mark Atkins, Richard Brown, Keith Hill, Tim Sherwood, Keith Andrews, Ken Beamish

Carsley, Lucas Neill, Wilcox were all similar victims of the extremely contagious 'know nowt' virus.

Oh how could I forget. I seem to remember Tony Parkes...coming in for a bit of stick too. I didn't mention Murphy. Maybe because I bought in to doing it to him!

Is it time we wagered on how long it is before he is forced out of the club by the boo boys whose faces contort in fury every time there is a misplaced pass or wayward shot? Typical of them too that when favourites Kean up it is met with silence.

Hey Nodrog, you are talking like a family therapist!...See below:

Woe to the scapegoat, the whipping boy, the outcast of the toxic and dysfunctional family. This person is made to carry the hidden blame and shame of relatives who refuse to acknowledge their problems.

Dysfunctional families are steeped in shame, and cannot look at their issues. They have poor insight into their own behaviors and problems, and will do anything to appear normal or exceptional, despite the fact that in reality, they are terribly crippled by their fears, addictions, mental disorders, abuse, neglect and insecurities.

While dysfunctional parents dance around the obvious real problems right before their eyes, they play a toxic game with the scapegoated child — the game is called, “You are the reason for anything and everything that is bad or wrong”. The whipping boy cannot escape this role, which is typically assigned in early childhood, long before a child can think objectively about messages given to them.

The rest of the family cannot allow the role of scapegoat to go unfulfilled, because it serves an important purpose — it gives them a place to toss their unwanted psychological garbage. If they did relinquish the need for the role, they would have to face reality — there are problems they have found impossible to accept and address. In time, the role eventually becomes the scapegoat’s internalized false identity – “I am bad, I am wrong, I am the reason people are unhappy, I am worthless, and I am at fault for everything” become the scapegoat’s deeply-held beliefs.

Even if the scapegoat eventually leaves the family, they are usually still considered the cause of all the family’s difficulties, no matter how much time has passed, because the family’s need to place blame and project shame onto another person still exists. Some families may find a new scapegoat or re-assign another family member to the position, however, they typically continue to carry the decades-old disdain and disgust toward the original scapegoat nevertheless. For the ostracized family member, escaping their family’s toxic blame is rare at best.

Hmmm..I think the issue is the focus on one specific player, when the whole system is not working as it should

I agree that making 'scapegoats' is poor form but if the argument is about ability it would appear that, based on very relevant stats, the know nowts are correct.

But surely the stats above prove that the 'know nowts' are actually right??

Can you give me the same stats for ANY other midfielder without checking LD? The only figure I can readily equate with is an average match rating (by whom given the diverse opinions held on here?) of 6 which seems decent enough on the face of it. Most others are in the 60-70% success range which must mean that 30-40% are failed. Is that not pretty good? :huh:

However, those stats are useless without anything to compare them too. Maybe if there was a table of stats including all BRFC midfielders in the past couple of years it might become more meaniungful and relevent. Lets be honest who do you believe to be the best player for Lowe, Murphy, or the perrenially injued Etohu? Should we swap him for Keith Andrews perhaps?

Only Gordons opinion is allowed. Didn't you know? ;)

It is when compared to yours.

You're quite right I couldn't give stats on other midfielders. However, only making 6 out of 10 passes (especially when you consider they are generally 10 yard passes backwards or sideways), 6 out of 10 tackles and closing a shot down once every 3 games is shocking for a player in his position regardless of who you compare it to.

Archived