BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] News comment

Guest Norbert

If they had, then it may have been recorded. The wreckage may have sunk or been swept away somewhere I guess.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Maria Miller gets a redundancy payment of £ 17,000 ! How does that work ? She resigned her post. I'd have sacked her for having a total lack of dress sense never mind her being on the make.

I'd have work for the same company for the best part of my life to pull in that sort of money.

"Resettlement Grant" payable to MPs who resign or who leave their seat at a general election. At the 2010 election it was £10.4m for 218 MPs. It goes up due to term in the house but for a 5 year term its £32k in a one-off payment.

Not bad eh?

Guest Norbert

David Cameron is going all Tony Blair on us if this is true and not a spoof. Next stop, and invasion of an oil/resource rich country and then shamelessly getting rich off the blood of dead foreigners and soldiers.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/david-cameron-claims-jesus-invented-the-big-society--he-is-just-continuing-gods-work-9250449.html

Guest Norbert

They are quite a racy lot those Tories. Even John Major was playing away, and I remember him being seen as really dull. Then you had haemorrhoid face Mellor in his Chelsea shirt, that guy who died tied to a chair with an orange in his mouth........I suppose this Mr. Evans is different as gay scandals are more of a Lib Dem or Labour thing. Good to see the coalition partners sharing ideas I suppose.

BBC news described it as a redundancy payment.

Its also today been called severance pay, its the same thing. Anyway today she has taken the money (£17k) and given it to charity. Previously she has campaigned for removal of this money, but now has taken it, double standards once again and as much as Im sure the charity is delighted and its a lovely charity, its a bit of a sad gesture looking for positive publicity IMO.

I wonder if Cameron will allow her constituents the right to recall and replace her?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Salaries_of_Members_of_the_United_Kingdom_Parliament

Cameron must be crackers! He should have binned her off the minute she was exposed. The press would never ever take the bite off her and it's made him look like he condones suchlike. Binning her straight off would have surely discouraged others not to 'risk it' and made him more popular in the eyes of the electorate imo.

Guest Norbert

Cameron must be crackers! He should have binned her off the minute she was exposed. The press would never ever take the bite off her and it's made him look like he condones suchlike. Binning her straight off would have surely discouraged others not to 'risk it' and made him more popular in the eyes of the electorate imo.

Exactly. The press are not likely to let an opportunity to get 'Outraged of Leicester' riled about MPs are they? Papers like The Mirror will have a go as it's a Tory involved, and the right wing press have never really been big fans of Dave Cameron. Maybe it's because she's a woman and he's been fairly vocal about getting women into the Cabinet.

How is giving the money to charity a bad thing?

Its not bad for the charity, but it shows a lack of conviction and morality to me, if as a politician you campaign against something, and then when your moment comes, take the money and try to use it to make yourself look good. If you stand by your conviction, you dont take the money, if you want to donate to charity go ahead, but to do both and make it public what you have done, it is self-serving to make yourself look good. Happy for the charity, but the arrogance from the cabinet minister is a disgrace.

I'm sorry for the "assassination" I'd call it of Tommy Crossan of the Continuity IRA in Belfast and I say that without knowing a lot of the facts here.

6 years prison for an armed attack on a police station. That seems a bit lenient. 8, 12 years maybe.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/apr/18/belfast-tommy-crossan-former-continuity-ira-shot-dead

It looks to me to be part of an internal struggle of this CIRA organization. Appears to be an inside job.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-27081120

These people are simply gangsters these days Audax and this was probably over drugs or protection racketeering. I don't like to see someone gunned down in the street but some idiots are so consumed with hatred that they want to drag us all into a civil war and I struggle to find any sympathy.

I'm sorry for the "assassination" I'd call it of Tommy Crossan of the Continuity IRA in Belfast and I say that without knowing a lot of the facts here.

6 years prison for an armed attack on a police station. That seems a bit lenient. 8, 12 years maybe.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2014/apr/18/belfast-tommy-crossan-former-continuity-ira-shot-dead

It looks to me to be part of an internal struggle of this CIRA organization. Appears to be an inside job.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-northern-ireland-27081120

Are you? Why? Live by the gun.... die by the gun. One less evil thug consuming our oxygen.

I read the other day that the Tories and Labour have forked out big money to land different members of Barack Obama's campaign team. I can't remember who signed who but David Axelrod and Jim Messina are going to advise each party on "strategy" during the next general election.

I don't know how to take this. Does it devalue the process?

I see the " Hurricane " just blew out today. Great boxer from an era of great boxers. Play the Bob Dylan track if you want to know more.

I read the other day that the Tories and Labour have forked out big money to land different members of Barack Obama's campaign team. I can't remember who signed who but David Axelrod and Jim Messina are going to advise each party on "strategy" during the next general election.

I don't know how to take this. Does it devalue the process?

Not for me it doesn't .

Guest Norbert

Labour are working with Axelrod. I only remember because of his name. So we'll have plenty of rubbish about 'hope' and 'change' from both sides..........and then pretty much more of the same afterwards.

Archived