BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] News comment

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's why i posted :) Wonder if cafes will replace Bacon with pretend turkey bacon and pork sausages with pretend turkey sausages at breakfast and call it a Full Non Offensive

Guest Norbert

Murderer McGuinness is doing his best to absolve himself and Gerry Adams from any involvement from the Troubles. If Adams was involved in that woman's murder, he should be in prison for murder. Everyone who did this sort of thing should be in prison, regardless of who they are of which 'side' they were on.

This must be the first time I have agreed with Norman Tebbit.

Just seen on sky news .

2 TEN year olds tried to poision their teacher by pouring bleach like stuff in her flask . They said school taking no action apart from sending a letter home .. WTF has this country become ?

Guest Norbert

They'd be straight over to the police if I was the headmaster.

We'll be doing the Battle Royale by the time I'm a pensioner.

Just seen on sky news .

2 TEN year olds tried to poision their teacher by pouring bleach like stuff in her flask . They said school taking no action apart from sending a letter home .. WTF has this country become ?

wtf has the world become!!!! Boko effin Haram http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-27283383

When (and how) is the world going to eradicate this godawful bloody religion? It desperately needs to.

BUT.....The USA has condemned this outrage and has despatched a taskforce or similar to remedy the situation and will no doubt receive much criticism around the world for doing so and presumably continuing the war on terror. This spawns a number of questions....

1. where are the other superpowers? Where are the Russians and the Chinese?

2. Is the rest of the muslim world happy to walk by on the other side of the road yet again?

3. Is the USA being compassionate by assuming the role of the worlds policeman or is oil again the underlying motivation?

Damn...... I cant give this up!..... I've never been in the place.

The great Danes are showing us up!

"Earlier this year the Danish government banned the exemption on rules around pre-stunning for halal and kosher slaughter, in a move which was attacked in Denmark as “anti-Semitism” and “a clear interference in religious freedom”.

Defending the government’s decision to ban non-pre-stunned slaughter, food minister Dan Jørgensen said “animal rights come before religion”."

I've no problem with a Halal option, but it shouldn't be the norm.

I have. It (and kosher) is completely unecessary. It's based on fairy stories promoting primitive belief for goodness sake.

Boko Haram are disgusting but I don't think it is fair to apportion the blame for their actions to Islam. In the Koran it is expressly forbidden to sell women into slavery or prostitution so they can't claim to be acting according to the will of their God.

Does the Christian church have responsibility for the actions of fundamentalists such as the Lord's Resistance Army in Sudan and Uganda? How about the KKK? It's a Christian organisation first and foremost. The Westboro Baptists have a very different interpretation of biblical scripture to most Christians in this country but we can still discriminate and declare them not "true" Christians - we can see that they have perverted the word of God and twisted it to serve their own ends.

Terrorists and sadists often find justification for evil acts through religion. If there were no such thing as religion they would find another reason to oppress and murder innocent people.

I do agree however that it would be nice to see a body such as the African Union try to take some measures against fundamentalism in the continent. While I am glad that the US is sending a force to Nigeria it is telling that the LRA have acted for years with little intervention from the rest of the world. I guess Sudan and Uganda are not such appealing places to send the army to compared with oil-rich Nigeria.

The latest wheeze of this God Awful Government. You can thank that loathsome Scouse Tory Esther McVey for dreaming this one up.

If you're looking for work you can now be sanctioned for refusing a zero hours contract.

As a columnist said the other day " It's pretty obvious from this latest move that by means upfront and underhand, unemployment benefit is being systematically destroyed as a reliable source of income. This protective role of the state, to make sure we don't starve, has been outsourced to charities. Without it, one wonders what the state is for- which, I imagine was the point of vandalising it in the first place."

On the subject of zero hours contracts Costa Coffee in Eastleigh, Hampshire advertised recently for a job where the candidates were expected to work 20 hours a week. To achieve this the candidate had to be free to work from 6am until 9pm, five days a week plus the occasional weekend !

These employers aren't just seeking to avoid peoples basic rights such as pensions and a paid holiday they're grinding the faces of poor working people into the dust.

No wonder economists are scratching their heads and wondering why productivity is stagnant, who's going to graft when you're treated like crap.

But if people want to believe that, and eat that way, that's up to them, I just don't want it to be the norm.

Not in this country it isn't. Apart from ritual slaughter it is illegal to slaughter an animal without it being stunned first. Ritual slaughter should be abolished and only humane slaughter methods should be allowed. Unfortunately animals don't have a vote! :glare:

The latest wheeze of this God Awful Government. You can thank that loathsome Scouse Tory Esther McVey for dreaming this one up.

If you're looking for work you can now be sanctioned for refusing a zero hours contract.

As a columnist said the other day " It's pretty obvious from this latest move that by means upfront and underhand, unemployment benefit is being systematically destroyed as a reliable source of income. This protective role of the state, to make sure we don't starve, has been outsourced to charities. Without it, one wonders what the state is for- which, I imagine was the point of vandalising it in the first place."

On the subject of zero hours contracts Costa Coffee in Eastleigh, Hampshire advertised recently for a job were the candidates were expected to work 20 hours a week. To achieve this the candidate had to be free to work from 6am until 9pm, five days a week plus the occasional weekend !

These employers aren't just seeking to avoid peoples basic rights such as pensions and a paid holiday they're grinding the faces of poor working people into the dust.

No wonder economists are scratching their heads and wondering why productivity is stagnant, who's going to graft when you're treated like crap.

I do think zero-hour contracts are truely dangerous, and putting a lot of working people under a lot of anxiety and risk. Im all for making people who can work, but these zero hour contracts are a real problem for the majority of people on them. I could understand their usage for a short-term basis, but some people are left on them for years (and increasingly so). Labours idea of a trial period paid for by the government (instead of JSA) is far fairer to the employee. This is the most right-wing government in living memory, and yet people seem to be scared of making a stand against them. For all the money saved from the benefits bill, how much better off are we as a country? The lack of money at the bottom end of the economy is stagnating growth, for those at the bottom put every penny of it back into the economy, those at the top don't, and they seemingly have a option of if and where they pay their tax too. The media are happy to run with the shock stories of the very few people who are cheating, but dont seem to want to cover the normal people who are having to rely on food-banks.

Ed Miliband's first task when he takes office after the next election is to outlaw zero hours contracts.

His second is raise the minimum wage to a living wage and give the courts powers to prosecute all employers who do not implement it.

Third is clamp down on tax avoiders and evaders.

The weakest and poorest have suffered at the hands of the wealthiest for 4 long years - enough is enough.

Ed Miliband's first task when he takes office after the next election is to outlaw zero hours contracts.

His second is raise the minimum wage to a living wage and give the courts powers to prosecute all employers who do not implement it.

Third is clamp down on tax avoiders and evaders.

The weakest and poorest have suffered at the hands of the wealthiest for 4 long years - enough is enough.

Zero hour contacts have been around for years - my mum was on one with Boots over 20 years ago and it was brilliant for both her and the chemist. She didn't have to commit to work when she didn't want, and between her and two other mature employees, there was never a time when there was under or over staffing to supplement permanent staff. All parties were every pleased with the flexibility and opportunities provided.

Agreed that they are probably being abused in some cases but they aren't inherently a bad idea.

I do think zero-hour contracts are truely dangerous, and putting a lot of working people under a lot of anxiety and risk. Im all for making people who can work, but these zero hour contracts are a real problem for the majority of people on them. I could understand their usage for a short-term basis, but some people are left on them for years (and increasingly so). Labours idea of a trial period paid for by the government (instead of JSA) is far fairer to the employee. This is the most right-wing government in living memory, and yet people seem to be scared of making a stand against them. For all the money saved from the benefits bill, how much better off are we as a country? The lack of money at the bottom end of the economy is stagnating growth, for those at the bottom put every penny of it back into the economy, those at the top don't, and they seemingly have a option of if and where they pay their tax too. The media are happy to run with the shock stories of the very few people who are cheating, but dont seem to want to cover the normal people who are having to rely on food-banks.

Don't tell me you believe that crap about food banks? Free anything is bound to attract all sorts as word gets round! Free food = more money to spend on beer and fags as a rule.

Not only that but the most right wing government in recent history actually presided over and contributed to the financial crisis in 2008 which has left us where we are today! Is your memory so short or is ed balls exercising some sort of mind control over you?

Archived