BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] News comment

Clarksons TV persona is just that, a personal he puts on for the cameras like a sitcom character, he doesn't say what he thinks, he says what will get a laugh or attention(and most of the show is blatantly scripted and rehearsed) fair play to him for that, I do find him entertaining and funny but I don't see him as anything other than a caricature and he definitely isn't the martyr he's made out to be by some people.

Bloody hell TJ I find myself agreeing with you on this. That's just what he is, a macho character that he has created for himself. I look forward to his return, possibly on another channel, but return he will.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hope he doesn't go to sky though, yuk!!! with all the money, writing, acting, presenting and producing talent in the world they've very very rarely been able to make a successful home grown show, its just a soulless network, that should just stick to showing the best America has to offer and sport.(though personally id rather see sky go out of business completely)

p.s. No, I don't have a sky subscription of any kind(in these days of streaming and file sharing they have nothing I need at all)

hope he doesn't go to sky though, yuk!!! with all the money, writing, acting, presenting and producing talent in the world they've very very rarely been able to make a successful home grown show, its just a soulless network, that should just stick to showing the best America has to offer and sport.(though personally id rather see sky go out of business completely)

p.s. No, I don't have a sky subscription of any kind(in these days of streaming and file sharing they have nothing I need at all)

This is the TV equivalent of commenting on a match you have not watched. Streaming is a very poor way of watching live sport on a computer and is normally asking for an infection. Sky have produced some very good programmes recently on Sky1 and is excellent for wildlife programmes.

Avoiding comic relief like the plague. Britain is the sixth richest economy on the planet and we're relying on charity to support kids who have to act as home helps and care for their disabled parents ?

Whilst sending millions to India who have a space programme. Load of @#/?.

Avoiding comic relief like the plague. Britain is the sixth richest economy on the planet and we're relying on charity to support kids who have to act as home helps and care for their disabled parents ?

Whilst sending millions to India who have a space programme. Load of @#/?.

Understand the sentiment, but 60% of Comic Relief money goes to Africa.

Seems like 60% of Africans come to Europe.

At least Mercedes Benz export dept will be grateful.

Just as an aside an aid worker has contracted Ebola in Sierra Leone. So what do the authorities do? Bring her back to the South East of England which one of the planets most densely populated areas to put her in quarantine!!! Who tf sanctioned that? See my sig!

Just as an aside an aid worker has contracted Ebola in Sierra Leone. So what do the authorities do? Bring her back to the South East of England which one of the planets most densely populated areas to put her in quarantine!!! Who tf sanctioned that? See my sig!

What's wrong with that? She's back in the UK and she's in quarantine. She'll survive it and should be thanked for putting herself in harms way.

Seems to be for a few reasons:

One - whilst the facilities set up in Sierra Leone are described as "excellent" in the articles I've read, the UK hospital she has been sent to will give her the best chance possible to make a full recovery.

Two - If an aid worker has contracted the virus, clearly there is a problem somewhere in the treatment protocol. So it's best to pull her out of the environment completely rather than run the risk of her further infections.

Three - She volunteered to put her life on the line to help people. We owe it to her to give her every chance of survival. Still, jumping her to the front of the queue to receive treatment locally in Sierra Leone would be insulting to those who have loved ones waiting for medication.

THEY ARE NOT THOUGH..& I don't want my child or relative getting it here . Its crazy risking this country to it. Yes shes brave going over there but we should keep it there and deal with it there. Not cruel or heartless but self preservist.

so things don't escape a quarantine? must be great being as clever as you.

Things? You mean you think this nurse is going to try to escape and randomly snog, vomit on, have sex with or share a needle with someone?

No reports she's from Burnley, so I think we are safe ;)

Two - If an aid worker has contracted the virus, clearly there is a problem somewhere in the treatment protocol. So it's best to pull her out of the environment completely rather than run the risk of her further infections.

Three - She volunteered to put her life on the line to help people. We owe it to her to give her every chance of survival. Still, jumping her to the front of the queue to receive treatment locally in Sierra Leone would be insulting to those who have loved ones waiting for medication.

Two. And the protocol here will be better eh? Are you certain?

Three..... Good grief! We owe her nothing, they owe her plenty.

You are displaying an incredible level of airy fairy irresponsibility. Lets just imagine if ebola by some chance during her filight, transport and treatment is contracted by someone else and then spreads to numerous others? How 'insulted' would you feel then?

Things? You mean you think this nurse is going to try to escape and randomly snog, vomit on, have sex with or share a needle with someone?

No reports she's from Burnley, so I think we are safe ;)

So she tried to escape ,randomly snog , vomited ,had sex and shared a needle over there then?

Burnley? who suggested she is?

A very fine humanitarian response.

Unlike the usual suspects.

Tell you what, you put your name down to volunteer to go and help nurse the victims of ebola in Sierre Leone or wherever and I'll pay for your flight out.

There I've shown you my support now you show me just how humanitarian you really are.

Archived