BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Philip Seymour Hoffman

Might be a shame but it's typical of our society that some bloke in showbiz who effectively committed suicide with an O/D is the BBC 10pm news headline. Time we got our priorities right.

Personally i'd never even heard of him and he could have passed me in the street without me knowing who he was. Hardly a heavyweight like a Jack Nicholson or John Hurt. His passing deserved a 20 second mention at the end at most.

Might be a shame but it's typical of our society that some bloke in showbiz who effectively committed suicide with an O/D is the BBC 10pm news headline. Time we got our priorities right.

Personally i'd never even heard of him and he could have passed me in the street without me knowing who he was. Hardly a heavyweight like a Jack Nicholson or John Hurt. His passing deserved a 20 second mention at the end at most.

To be honest I can understand why that makes it newsworthy, as the news is about things that are interesting and its just an uncomfortable fact that people are more interested in a prominent actor overdosing than say a soldier being killed in Afghanistan. But for the same reason I don't consider it sad and get slightly irritated when the newsreader puts on their fake solemn expression and sympathetic tone of voice and we all seem to be expected to sit in sorrowful reflection for a minute or 2. Another rich actor does something daft and suffers the consequences, big deal, I'm about as sad as I was when that Fast and Furious bloke crashed his car, i.e. not at all.

Was good in The Big Lebowski though.

I doubt even a dog would bother peeing on your grave, you clueles arrogant ginger gobkean.

Try and get clueless right on your next edit eh?

There ya go theno, gives it the whole "look at me, aren't I compassionate and an all round good egg" by lavishing over-the-top sympathy in threads like this. Then lashes out with personal insults and expletives at anyone who won't join in his when he gets his violin out for self-destructive celebrities.

Reminds me of this anti-war prat who physically attacked my mate for disagreeing with him over invading Iraq. Pathetic hypocrites who's much advertised compassionate moral-high ground is about as superficial as it gets.

I must admit I'd never heard of this actor. It must have been a slow news day for the BBC to make it their headline news - surely there were more important events in the world, the impending crisis in Ukraine for instance ?

I doubt even a dog would bother peeing on your grave, you clueles arrogant ginger gobkean, just because you dont know who he was, that makes it un news worthy, get over yourself.

What is wrong with you ? (apart from your DNA).

As for the topic, excellent actor but a smack head who committed suicide injecting shyte. I'll spend my time worrying about our lads and lasses serving in foreign climes

Nobody's asking you not to, I thought this thread was for fans of the guy to pay their respects, sorry if I was wrong!

You all carry on letting theno poison every thread with his deliberately wummy arrogant "opinions"

P.s for whoever it was that said my sympathy was ott, your wrong, im a big movie geek and hes genuinely one of my favorite actors and the films he's made(particularly his p t Anderson films and also Synecdoche, New York, which is a film I really find stunning) have brought a good dollop of joy to my life and Im genuinely sad hes gone(in the same way for example a big rovers fan would be if tugay died suddenly)

It must have been a slow news day for the BBC to make it their headline news - surely there were more important events in the world, the impending crisis in Ukraine for instance ?

True, and ive said the same on here myself with other stories in the news, but its a seperate issue than what this thread was syarted for, I think.

P.s for whoever it was that said my sympathy was ott, your wrong, im a big movie geek and hes genuinely one of my favorite actors and the films he's made(particularly his p t Anderson films and also Synecdoche, New York, which is a film I really find stunning) have brought a good dollop of joy to my life and Im genuinely sad hes gone(in the same way for example a big rovers fan would be if tugay died suddenly)

:lol: Very good, and very funny TJ.

btw....You ARE taking the @#/? and on another of your wind ups ..... right? :huh:

• Moderation Lead

Probably about right, still, always a shame when people don't feel they can reach out to anyone when they need help.

• Backroom

Tbh TJ, it's a thread about him, but doesn't mean it's 'for his fans'.

I'm in the same category as Theno unfortunately. Liked him in Big Lebowski, but couldn't give a @#/? that he's died injecting crap into his body. If it was a heart attack or something I'd be sympathetic but just as indifferent.

Tbh TJ, it's a thread about him, but doesn't mean it's 'for his fans'.

I'm in the same category as Theno unfortunately. Liked him in Big Lebowski, but couldn't give a kean that he's died injecting crap into his body. If it was a heart attack or something I'd be sympathetic but just as indifferent.

But heart attacks can be self-inflicted, too.

• Backroom

Ok, I guess I misunderstood the purpose of the thread, you all carry on judging a dead man you know little to nothing about.

I know that he took recreational drugs. I tend to not give a @#/? about anyone who does as there is no reason to take any drug of the sort.

You know very little about any of the usernames on here, but you seem quite happy to judge.

Be careful, your hypocrisy is showing ;)

Very sad that anyone dies so young leaving behind three young kids and seemingly due to the addiction that he sought help for over the years. Capote and The Master were the two best films that I have seen this century. He was also fantastic alongside Meryl Streep in Doubt.

I know that he took recreational drugs. I tend to not give a kean about anyone who does as there is no reason to take any drug of the sort.

You know very little about any of the usernames on here, but you seem quite happy to judge.

Be careful, your hypocrisy is showing ;)

Alright Saint Mickey, there is one pretty big difference/flaw in what your saying.

It strikes me that he might be the greatest actor nobody knew, He won a best actor oscar yet people still don't know who he was? I first saw him in "Happiness" and his performance mesmerised in that weird and disturbing movie. Every time I saw a movie with him in it he was the actor that stood out. Loved him in Magnolia and The Big Lebowski as well. When someone dies at a young age it is always sad, self-inflicted or not. Sometimes people get messed up in things that they can't control and shame on the people here judging him for his substance abuse. I guess there are some lucky people that haven't had to witness the self-destructive and pitiful actions of someone in their family with a serious drink or drugs problem. RIP.

Archived