BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Philip Seymour Hoffman

Heard a report that "heroin overdoses" are up and to me were a high number. I use to think that was more of something from the past so it's not altogether uncommon.

Of course, much has come out on this story, sort of gossipy details in news stories anyone can find, I've heard praise of him as an actor.

There was a story in the guardian, and on the C4 news that heroin has become massively cheap in the US leading to a big surge in use among people that wouldn't usually take it - middle class people mostly. Not that this has anything to do with Hoffman's death of course

Guest Norbert

There is also a ready supply of opium from Afghanistan, especially in the Taliban areas who see it as something they can sell to make money and weaken western countries. The Taliban used to execute farmers who grew the poppies, but since we invaded, they have changed their mind. It is also increasing in the Burma/Thailand/Laos.

And there are always many stupid people who fancy giving it a go.

• Moderation Lead

I wonder at what point you get into a situation at a party or whatever where someone is offering smack out and you don't think to get the f out of there!!!

I wonder at what point you get into a situation at a party or whatever where someone is offering smack out and you don't think to get the f out of there!!!

I can't imagine heroin usage starts at parties. I'm no expert but marijuana and coke certainly are 'social' drugs but not shooting up. Heroin will prob start between one or a few mates / partners in secret.

Quite possibly. I'm just trying to rationalise how using heroin goes from being a big no-no, to being a a habit!

I'd imagine it depends on the mentallity of the individual. Ok to use drugs but never let drugs use you I guess is near to the truth. Didn't someone once observe that cocaine will destroy a weak man but can make a strong man great? I guess everyone thinks they are strong men.

Dunno how true it is but I once read that years ago the Rolling Stones employed a medic of some sort to make sure that they could 'enjoy' drugs without overdosing or becoming addicted.

Makes me laugh that a certain poster on here posted on the rant page about him hating people who comment on deaths of people they ain't met.

hehe, I just had to go all the way through the rant thread to see if it was me :lol: didn't find anything though other than this- http://www.brfcs.com/mb/index.php/topic/29908-rant/?p=1467430 surely it cant be that though(otherwise Abster would really be clutching at straws to have a pop)

your genuinely insane! it seems to have been edited by me about 20mins after I initially posted it, most likely to correct a few(a lot) of spelling/gramma mistakes which is something I have to do with most of my posts and/or even more likely I just went back and added the second paragraph to the post.

As I asked in the other thread, Are you having a bad day chuck? don't you have a cat you can kick :(

your genuinely insane! it seems to have been edited by me about 20mins after I initially posted it, most likely to correct a few(a lot) of spelling/gramma mistakes which is something I have to do with most of my posts and/or even more likely I just went back and added the second paragraph to the post.

As I asked in the other thread, Are you having a bad day chuck? don't you have a cat you can kick :(

Well the edit you made to this post at 7:17 pm did not do the trick

It is a shame, one my favourite actors of all time but he chose his life. I wonder if he would have been so brilliant of it wasn't for the drugs.

I can't believe people haven't heard of him, I don't know if it is a wind up but he won an Oscar for best actor and was nominated for another three, hardly a fly by nighter.

Synecdoche, New York and Happiness are my two favourite Hoffman movies, he was brilliant.

It is a shame, one my favourite actors of all time but he chose his life. I wonder if he would have been so brilliant of it wasn't for the drugs.

I can't believe people haven't heard of him, I don't know if it is a wind up but he won an Oscar for best actor and was nominated for another three, hardly a fly by nighter.

Synecdoche, New York and Happiness are my two favourite Hoffman movies, he was brilliant.

Well I truly never had and I've never heard of those films you like either. As for oscars and all manner of Film awards.... do me a favour. They are only for luvvies and are the biggest turn off that I can readily think of.

Archived