BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] RANT

One thing that really does irritate me to the bone is the term "RIP" its such a crude little throwaway term to use as a way of showing respect to somebody whose life has ended, would it be so difficult to at very least take the extra few seconds to spell out the words "Rest In Peace" or if the persons death really means so much to you, then maybe briefly explain why(preferably without resorting to further clichéd remarks)

I'm mainly referring to the way its used on sites like this and other social media, obviously its abbreviated on headstones, etc... for practical reasons(and also for reasons of tradition I expect)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

i may be wrong(or I should say, it wouldn't surprise me) but I think some engravers charge by the letter for headstones

Most charge by the line I think. But imo 'RIP' is 3 letters wasted.

I was thinking its a pedestrian/zebra crossing, sorry if I was wrong,

what is it then?

:o you are not related to that gormless little lad from Essex on 'I'm a survivor' are you?

Yeah Wizzard, the Slade one does grate after hearing it every year but I can forgive them as they made 'Cum on Feel the Noize'. :)

And 'mamma we're all crazee now', and a rake of other similar ones. Has there ever been a better 'good time' band?

level crossing is one over a railway

well in that case I just don't understand what his post means at all.

:o you are not related to that gormless little lad from Essex on 'I'm a survivor' are you?

sorry old tosspot, I cant say I've watched that show for about 10 years, so I wouldn't know.

Great thread, only just checked it out, now, for mine...

People who drive slowly up the slip road joining the motorway, christ, you are supposed to be increasing your speed to join the carriageway!

Those who take ages at cash machines...

Folk pushing in at the bar...

• Backroom

That annoying voice over guy with the stupid exaggerated voice who seems to be everywhere these days.

That x factor pillock? (RACHEL ADE-DAY-JAY) Or the geordie big brother pillock (Dee-ay ther-ee)?

Brain dead people who walk down escalators whilst you are walking down, then cut in front of you and suddenly stop, and then wonder why you let out an expletive!

If you did it to me this arvo, next time I'll carry on and send you headlong down the rest of the stairs.

Plonker

Brain dead people who walk down escalators whilst you are walking down, then cut in front of you and suddenly stop, and then wonder why you let out an expletive!

If you did it to me this arvo, next time I'll carry on and send you headlong down the rest of the stairs.

Plonker

Those people should be identified and surgically fitted with rear view mirrors. They are all over town centres and not just on escalators.

That x factor pillock? (RACHEL ADE-DAY-JAY) Or the geordie big brother pillock (Dee-ay ther-ee)?

The X Factor pillock, used to do e4 as well. Thing is I'm sure a couple of copycats have sprung up on the radio so it seems he's everywhere! I wish he would just go away I really do.

Archived