BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Parking Tickets Worsten Ave

In April Worsten Ave became residents only parking (situated at the top of Branch Rd just after the booze shop) and the wardens were like flies round poo issuing tickets.

I was a victim of the post and run scheme they employed.

I challenged the ticket and have now won it as the tickets were issued incorrectly and also there was no prior warning of parking changes issued as there should have been through planning notices.

If you were issued a ticket and paid it, I urge you to appeal it and get the money back as well as getting a copy of the notice as it will not have been completed correctly.

If you need anything else, please feel free to message me directly.

Warren

• Backroom

I did something similar when the free parking on bburn railway car park (behind Vue cinema) changed to £2/day.

The only notice given was (and still is) unlit navy blue signs on the navy blue fencing! On top of that, the fine actually hadn't been stuck on my windscreen, but placed under the wiper blade. Just turned on the wipers, off it went and it was 'incorrectly issued' :P

At the time, I just let them waste their money chasing me for that first ticket. Ofc, I paid the parking fee every time after, but I dread to think how much money was wasted chasing my '£80 fine'.

When you know you're right (helpful knowing a litigation solicitor, ofc) then just let the useless NCP chase you and waste their money. Always check first, before accidentally shooting yourself in the foot, though!

• Moderation Lead

The parking costs in Blackburn are absolutely scandalous at the best of times, that's a ballache about Vue not being free any more as well! I know a place just away from the centre that is, but you've got to get there early!!!

I did something similar when the free parking on bburn railway car park (behind Vue cinema) changed to £2/day.

The only notice given was (and still is) unlit navy blue signs on the navy blue fencing! On top of that, the fine actually hadn't been stuck on my windscreen, but placed under the wiper blade. Just turned on the wipers, off it went and it was 'incorrectly issued' :P

At the time, I just let them waste their money chasing me for that first ticket. Ofc, I paid the parking fee every time after, but I dread to think how much money was wasted chasing my '£80 fine'.

When you know you're right (helpful knowing a litigation solicitor, ofc) then just let the useless NCP chase you and waste their money. Always check first, before accidentally shooting yourself in the foot, though!

is vue not free now?

• Backroom

I think vue is abbey but it's time restricted so if you are using the train and gone all day you need to park in the train station section of it which has a charge

• Backroom

Vue = free for 4hours.

Bburn Railway section WAS free until 2011, then changed to £2 all-day parking (and they fine you if you don't appear to have boarded a train.....yeah, they follow you).

Archived