BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preston

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And thats why hes playing in this division!

Good grief...mentioning Shearer ..Van basten and ronaldo ...ffs ...

Rhodes is and will probably always be a championship player ..and that is why no one is really interested in taking him any higher ..BUT at this level he does what hes payed to do ..and thats score goals.

The guy was saying Rhodes is a complete striker yet he's a championship player. I was pointing out the difference. Simon Garner was a better all around striker than Rhodes but he never ever played in the big league either.

Ha ha I am not actually suggesting we should play him in goal. But you are right he does well from crosses with his head usually (Burnley apart).

I don't agree about his heading ability. He misses plenty of headers as well. There were people here who kept telling me MGP was a good header of the ball until I asked them how many headed goals he'd scored for Rovers.

The guy was saying Rhodes is a complete striker yet he's a championship player. I was pointing out the difference. Simon Garner was a better all around striker than Rhodes but he never ever played in the big league either.

Thank fck for that then ...

Rhodes seems to have this thing that he somehow scores goals in what most on here would call a mediocre Rovers side .....

Put him in a good Rovers side ....?

So are our players as good as theirs? I'm confused cos under Bowyer people kept saying the squad was poor!

They are not premier league sides.

As I said before, I love the guy. But to get out of this league we need a centre forward that can run over the top and in the channels and hold the ball up and probably chip in with 15 goals.

Oh dear ..top calibre players would surround him there ..

I think he maybe better staying put til some real "top calibre " filled side comes a calling ...if they ever will ..

I am really not sure if you are being sarcastic. I am saying they are not top calibre sides.

I thought we had put this one to bed but we seem to have come full circle. Rhodes form since the close of the transfer window has been great and he has put the doubters behind him by putting himself about up front and turning into that complete striker. Yet here we are again.

Except he hasn't and has reverted to type again in about the last 4 or 5 games. His performance against Brentford being an all time low.

Only Rovers fans could complain about a 25 goal a season striker.

We are not complaining. We love the guy and sing his name as loud as anyone's ever.

We can also see his limitations and the effect it has on the team. It's probably a fairly sensible balanced view.

Speedie dived - when Hull came in for him they were a premier league side who had just reached an FA cup final and qualified for Europe.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/hull-transfer-news-jordan-rhodes-4100797

Yeah that's fair enough Hull were a Premier League team at the time.

We are not complaining. We love the guy and sing his name as loud as anyone's ever.

We can also see his limitations and the effect it has on the team. It's probably a fairly sensible balanced view.

If he could lead the line AND score a guaranteed 20+ goals a season, he wouldn't be here, would he?

Rhodes is the least of our worries.

Archived