BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preston

This is from a set of bitter whingers who milked the pathetic "who let the dogs out" for three years after it's (relative) best.

Get back in the shadows whence you came. Take it like a man

You've lost me on that one. Who let the dogs out?

Bothered you enough to sign up on here and have a nibble though didn't it? Let's see how many you bring/how much noise you make at Ewood next year eh?

I think you'll be surprised bud. Most of our away support is made up of lads aged 16-40....Not silver surfing OAP's wrapped in tartan picnic blankets.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why can't you just accept that you weren't that loud? It's not people saying they'd take a dump on your parents heads; it's opposition fans saying they were surprised how vocally quiet you were at a football match FFS. It's not the end of the world lads. Accept it, dust yourselves off, and carry on.

This is the view from the home end, immediately after your first goal. You can hear absolutely nothing from the away end, apart from about 200 people singing "Who are ya" for about 6 seconds.

If that was 5,500 Dingles, Lashers or PNE fans in there, the noise would be deafening.

I suppose you're just a less passionate bunch than your Lancs neighbours. No shame in that, like.

Bitter about absolutely nothing.

Brilliant numbers from Rovers, but poor vocally.

Accept it like a man.

Loving the stock response to a derby defeat - "well your fans weren't very loud"!

You're supporting your argument with a 48 second clip of the aftermath of the goal. I can guarantee that if you'd left that video on for an extra minute you'd have seen the noise levels rise once again. Sadly for you, videos that have been posted from other parts of the home ground indicate a noisy away end and an eerily silent Preston section of the ground. Truth hurts.

You really can't knock the passion of Rovers fans, I remember Preston struggling to scrape 1,000 away fans for a 4-3 defeat at Burnley in 2010 - where was the passion then? And apart from 20 chavs in the corner, where was the passion amongst the increased Deepdale crowd? The ground was emptying on 85 minutes!

And comparing us to Blackpool and Burnley.... clutching at straws there.

PNE fans were hilarious. Singing 'who the #### are Blackburn Rovers' - I know we're superior but most clubs sing that about Man United!

Outside I also saw one PNE fan try and fight a man and his kid....sadly not knowing the man was a Preston fan. Cowardly and idiotic and egged on by his chavvy mates.

Well good on him for coming on here and posting an opinion in a reasonable way.

And it probably hurts but I was expecting us to be a lot louder more often in the game.

I don't think anyone quite knows what to make of the sudden turnaround at Ewood and I sensed an anxiety in the crowd that I haven't felt before. A collective 'don't hold your breath' feeling.

As someone posted on the Sheff Weds thread, I think. We are still where we are at the moment. Nothing substantial has changed. The game on Saturday could have gone either way. Expectations are in danger of being lowered. I think that's why we were less raucous than we have been. A kind of, 'go on, let's give it another go' feeling after splitting up with the girlfriend for the tenth time. :blink:

You've lost me on that one. Who let the dogs out?

I think you'll be surprised bud. Most of our away support is made up of lads aged 16-40....Not silver surfing OAP's wrapped in tartan picnic blankets.

I didn't see many OAP's in the away end on Saturday but there you go :wstu:

Can't believe we have someone on here bragging about the demographics of his club's away support. If only those 'lads' could muster up a song that isn't 'PNE PNE PNE'.

We didn't hear a muff from you lot, pathetic effort all round.

I was in the Tom Finney Stand and the away end was rocking, much to the displeasure of the Stone Island Wannabe Nobbers.

They spent most of the match watching The excellent display on show in the Shankly Cop and showing their appreciation with

cut throat gestures and repeated shouts of 'come on then'. They seemed to appreciate the spectacle.

Now put those sour grapes away and finish that ground off, someones going to catch their death of cold in those corporate boxes!

Why can't you just accept that you weren't that loud? It's not people saying they'd take a dump on your parents heads; it's opposition fans saying they were surprised how vocally quiet you were at a football match FFS. It's not the end of the world lads. Accept it, dust yourselves off, and carry on.

This is the view from the home end, immediately after your first goal. You can hear absolutely nothing from the away end, apart from about 200 people singing "Who are ya" for about 6 seconds.

If that was 5,500 Dingles, Lashers or PNE fans in there, the noise would be deafening.

I suppose you're just a less passionate bunch than your Lancs neighbours. No shame in that, like.

Bitter about absolutely nothing.

Brilliant numbers from Rovers, but poor vocally.

Accept it like a man.

All that video proves is you have a crap mobile,

get down the market in Preston and upgrade it,

still upset at the result are we ?

Well good on him for coming on here and posting an opinion in a reasonable way.

And it probably hurts but I was expecting us to be a lot louder more often in the game.

I don't think anyone quite knows what to make of the sudden turnaround at Ewood and I sensed an anxiety in the crowd that I haven't felt before. A collective 'don't hold your breath' feeling.

As someone posted on the Sheff Weds thread, I think. We are still where we are at the moment. Nothing substantial has changed. The game on Saturday could have gone either way. Expectations are in danger of being lowered. I think that's why we were less raucous than we have been. A kind of, 'go on, let's give it another go' feeling after splitting up with the girlfriend for the tenth time. :blink:

Oh, don't get us wrong we will be louder when we've got the 5 years of catastrophe behind us, it's just he's obviously a troll or he'd say why we where potentially quiet especially at the start of the game.

At the end, the roar was loud! Like almost fortress Ewood 2007 loud!

This guy cares so little about the result that he has signed up to a Blackburn Rovers website to criticise the away support.

And now he's on Youtube searching for videos of Rovers singing pre game.

Chin up pal.

• Moderation Lead

Interesting that 'you weren't that bothered about the result' but then signed up to the opposition's message board 4 days later to criticise our away support.

Still, we won 2-1.

More than your average on show in this clip alone. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKUXm4LZgDg (2:00 - The younger lads who actually tried to make an effort came up with gems such as "Let's all have a disco".....FFS!)

Can I ask why you have rovers videos saved? And also, why are you posting them on a rovers forum when you 'didn't care about the game'? Cheers

More than your average on show in this clip alone. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKUXm4LZgDg (2:00 - The younger lads who actually tried to make an effort came up with gems such as "Let's all have a disco".....FFS!)

Surely we are past the "fellow fan making fair points" phase now, can we please just bin this obvious dingle off. Seen to have no problem banning others lately!!

Brilliant. You managed to find a 52s clip of a handful of people ( out of 5,500) singing another awful generic 'football chant'

Didn't you use a 50 second clip before to criticise our support?

Please tell me about all the non-generic, inventive songs Preston sing? As I heard 0 of them on Saturday.

Thanks

Which is why you're posting on a Rovers fan site, yes?

This guy cares so little about the result that he has signed up to a Blackburn Rovers website to criticise the away support.

And now he's on Youtube searching for videos of Rovers singing pre game.

Chin up pal.

Interesting that 'you weren't that bothered about the result' but then signed up to the opposition's message board 4 days later to criticise our away support.

Still, we won 2-1.

Can I ask why you have rovers videos saved? And also, why are you posting them on a rovers forum when you 'didn't care about the game'? Cheers

I was reading the thread, generally just interested in your fans view of the game, day out etc.....when I noticed the numerous posts praising your support, "Best Deepdale has ever seen" etc, so I thought I'd try and add a bit of balance and realism. Bring a few back down to earth, if you will.

Don't take it personally fellas. No need to well up.

I was reading the thread, generally just interested in your fans view of the game, day out etc.....when I noticed the numerous posts praising your support, "Best Deepdale has ever seen" etc, so I thought I'd try and add a bit of balance and realism. Bring a few back down to earth, if you will.

Don't take it personally fellas. No need to well up.

The true comparison will be when you come to Ewood

Oh, don't get us wrong we will be louder when we've got the 5 years of catastrophe behind us, it's just he's obviously a troll or he'd say why we where potentially quiet especially at the start of the game.

At the end, the roar was loud! Like almost fortress Ewood 2007 loud!

I know what you mean. When it was good, it was great.

This appointment is about as quality assured as we are likely to get in our position. But I have a feeling that if PL doesn't work out, we will not be in a good place. The last twenty on Saturday was pretty anxious, akin to the semi vs Chelsea for me. Can't work out why I was so tense as well as a lot of others in the crowd as well.

Here's hoping PL can get us in that winning groove again.

Archived