BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] FFP. When does the transfer embargo end?

I love ffp, it's in, it's possibly out, it belongs to no-one really, lovely Platini thinks it's harsh, it upsets everyone, yet we are still one of two clubs still pissing about playing the silly game! Why aren't the sad ones employing very clever lawyers, unlike me, to sort it out?????

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From reading this article am I right in saying that the FFP sanction is only until the season just ended providing that we show we are attempting to keep within our spending restrictions and do not lose more than 9 Million for the whole of last season. .

http://www.football-league.co.uk/news/article/2014/championship-financial-fair-play-season-201314-submissions-2144136.aspx

From reading this article am I right in saying that the FFP sanction is only until the season just ended providing that we show we are attempting to keep within our spending restrictions and do not lose more than 9 Million for the whole of last season. .

http://www.football-league.co.uk/news/article/2014/championship-financial-fair-play-season-201314-submissions-2144136.aspx

That's out of the window then, £24 million losses coming up

I love ffp, it's in, it's possibly out, it belongs to no-one really, lovely Platini thinks it's harsh, it upsets everyone, yet we are still one of two clubs still pissing about playing the silly game! Why aren't the sad ones employing very clever lawyers, unlike me, to sort it out?????

Yeah ffp sucks.. it suits the big city clubs, which meets the whole aim of it.. to make the big clubs, the city clubs and the governing bunch richer by removing the small town clubs and rich list backers. Just look at the TV deals and their massive increases.. ffp played a part in that IMO.. big city, more people, more tv viewers.. basic and simple equation remove town clubs like Blackburn, blackpool, wigan, Bolton, and co and you have more tv viewers give it ten years and I doubt any of the top 40 clubs in terms of league position will be a town club.

As for lawyers.. no its the damn accountants with a knowledge of the football side of things that matter.. though lawyers help there as well.. as the BBC article talks about, allot deferred debt with tricky accounting practices so many clubs what should of been battered just sneaked their way out of it.

Not quite.. it lasts a year (and we will probably just get a continuation of the embargo unless we sell big) that is unless we appealed (sometime in May which is a joke as transfer window was closed meant we could do very little).. as far as I know we have not appealed so its until Jan, so we either sell up or face it until we are done.

Looking at that article though Veevs, It definitely says the end of the 2014/15 season; Quote "Each club will have the opportunity to have its FFP embargo lifted at the end of the season by demonstrating that it has stayed within the maximum permitted deviation of £6m (£3m operating loss plus £3m shareholder investment) for the 2014/15 season".

Read more at http://www.football-league.co.uk/news/article/2014/championship-financial-fair-play-season-201314-submissions-2144136.aspx#tqgLiRAhXZZoryTZ.99

Looking at that article though Veevs, It definitely says the end of the 2014/15 season; Quote "Each club will have the opportunity to have its FFP embargo lifted at the end of the season by demonstrating that it has stayed within the maximum permitted deviation of £6m (£3m operating loss plus £3m shareholder investment) for the 2014/15 season".

Read more at http://www.football-league.co.uk/news/article/2014/championship-financial-fair-play-season-201314-submissions-2144136.aspx#tqgLiRAhXZZoryTZ.99

on the basis we paid Rhodes , Best and Robinson the £6million ''Deviation'' between the 3 of them , it basically means that all our other income (£5million or so?? ) has to support the rest of the club and its players plus all operating costs.

Our ''Deviant'' probably took one look at those rules again and decided it would be a waste of a phone call so might as well go and cheer Nob End on at Wembley and enjoy the holidays.

None of it comes as a surprise but listening to Bowyer and the extreme hardship he claims he is working under because of who we can sign , established players blah blah....why the hell is he blocking up his room for manoeuvre by signing the likes of Williamson and Chris Taylor who aint getting us anywhere in an upward direction? Looks distinctly possible we will lose, Rhodes, Gestede and King and very few others.So in other words pretty much the same again next season minus the 40 goals .

How do we therefore replace 40 goals with the limits on what we can spend??? Looks like big Trouble ahead as I see it.

I thought that we lumped a load of losses into last season's accounts which put us into embargo with the plan being that we would benefit later? Well it's later.

Maybe we shouldn't have bothered. The January window (which would have been Bowyer's last before we are and to judge him - under 2013/14 rules of course) we might have been able to bring in a player that could have been the difference between those 10 points.

And we are supposed to put our faith in these people, for the long term interests of the club? :huh:

Archived