BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] FFP. When does the transfer embargo end?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As PK says the way to get the FFP lifted in the summer is to sell our high value players, the other factor is that last summer we did what the likes of Bolton did in Summer 2013 which was to show inflated losses (by using clever accounting practices) and then in Summer 2014 they showed their actual losses which then showed a huge reduction so they got around the FFP sanctions, so that may also help us to get out of FFP without having to sell all of of our high value players.

Additionally for the following season the FFP rules are changing, these will look at losses over three years and the loss threshold has been increased:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29940463

• Moderation Lead

As PK says the way to get the FFP lifted in the summer is to sell our high value players, the other factor is that last summer we did what the likes of Bolton did in Summer 2013 which was to show inflated losses (by using clever accounting practices) and then in Summer 2014 they showed their actual losses which then showed a huge reduction so they got around the FFP sanctions, so that may also help us to get out of FFP without having to sell all of of our high value players.

Additionally for the following season the FFP rules are changing, these will look at losses over three years and the loss threshold has been increased:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/29940463

I'll not hold my breath on anyone at the club doing anything clever......

I'll not hold my breath on anyone at the club doing anything clever......

Ha ha, very true.

Instead of playing politics they should have used the accounting practices technique in Summer 2013 which would have meant that we avoided the embargo this season, so someone messed up there. At least they have done it with the accounts submitted last summer.

Ha ha, very true.

Instead of playing politics they should have used the accounting practices technique in Summer 2013 which would have meant that we avoided the embargo this season, so someone messed up there. At least they have done it with the accounts submitted last summer.

Avoiding the clutches of FFP might be one thing but reversing the outrageous losses is something else!! Conforming with FFP doesn't stop us losing a boat load of money and racking up the debt ....somewhere by somebody.

Those rules coming up allowing you to lose up to £39m over a 3 season period will be a challenge in itself to these morons.

Very very close to not giving a monkeys any more. Perhaps we can call it Blackburn Rovers Mushroom Club....kept in the dark and fed a load of sh1t !!

Avoiding the clutches of FFP might be one thing but reversing the outrageous losses is something else!! Conforming with FFP doesn't stop us losing a boat load of money and racking up the debt ....somewhere by somebody.

Those rules coming up allowing you to lose up to £39m over a 3 season period will be a challenge in itself to these morons.

Very very close to not giving a monkeys any more. Perhaps we can call it Blackburn Rovers Mushroom Club....kept in the dark and fed a load of sh1t !!

Twas ever thus.

Question for you TBTF..... What do we as supporters actually need to know apart from the playing side other than simply to satiate idle curiosity? There's nothing we can do and unlike in 5 weeks time we have no voting rights which might influence things either.

Twas ever thus.

Question for you TBTF..... What do we as supporters actually need to know apart from the playing side other than simply to satiate idle curiosity? There's nothing we can do and unlike in 5 weeks time we have no voting rights which might influence things either.

I take your point fella but just some sense of purpose/direction/gameplan that we can hang on to instead of this ''will it all end tomorrow'' doom and gloom. I suppose some might call it leadership in which case I wont be holding my breath. It doesn't help when the owners of our club don't give two hoots and never come near the place unless Her Majesty happens to be in town so a little encouragement from the top for those that do wouldn't go amiss now and again.

hey maybe we could send her a couple of ST's for the Suite and make her an honorary Vice President as we did with Mrs Thatcher! BRFC by Royal Appointment sounds good to me.

However it's perhaps fair to point out that there was no one more secretive in business than the Walker Bros.

• Moderation Lead

Abbey

Mrs T = LEGEND its as simple as that.

Compare her to any of the labour fools who have killed this country and then you would realise her value in British life.

The same 'legend' that decimated communities in the North of England, covered up Hillsborough, wanted football fans to carry ID cards and was friends with nonces aplenty?

Vile woman.

Give me strength.

• Moderation Lead

Fair one EP. I think it was Jim that said 'Northerners voting Tory are like Turkeys voting for Christmas'. A bit extreme, but he's got a point!

friends with Jimmy Saville ,no more words needed.

They all needed to be photographed chummying up with him it seems...... even Prince Charles and the bloody Pope ffs! (Mind you on second thoughts........ the Pope IS a Catholic isn't he? :unsure: )

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=jimmy+savile+harold+wilson&biw=1195&bih=520&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=8n8aVYDrN43uatHbgqgO&sqi=2&ved=0CCMQsAQ

They all needed to be photographed chummying up with him it seems...... even Prince Charles and the bloody Pope ffs! (Mind you on second thoughts........ the Pope IS a Catholic isn't he? :unsure: )

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=jimmy+savile+harold+wilson&biw=1195&bih=520&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=8n8aVYDrN43uatHbgqgO&sqi=2&ved=0CCMQsAQ

Good grief, looking at those pics makes you wonder what the hell was going on, probably half hadn't got a clue, and the others, well only they know.

Still back to footy, embargo's and the like.

Now now chaps no politics please, back to football or in our case hoofball.

Fairly parallel situations if you ask me.

Venkys/Labour have left a complete and utter mess and those trying to recover the situation Tories/Bowyer, whilst admittedly not being perfect, are chastised despite overseeing general improvement in extremely difficult circumstances. You could also liken the two for the fact that most folk usually picking a side and stick to it, despite what a mess their 'side' is in.

However same rules should always apply; never change a winning team, especially not when the substitues are as hopeless as Ed Miliband. What a limp d*ck that man is - leader of our country... give me a break.

• Moderation Lead

Fairly parallel situations if you ask me.

Venkys/Labour have left a complete and utter mess and those trying to recover the situation Tories/Bowyer, whilst admittedly not being perfect, are chastised despite overseeing general improvement in extremely difficult circumstances. You could also liken the two for the fact that most folk usually picking a side and stick to it, despite what a mess their 'side' is in.

However same rules should always apply; never change a winning team, especially not when the substitues are as hopeless as Ed Miliband. What a limp d*ck that man is - leader of our country... give me a break.

Depends on how you measure improvement (in the case of politics, Rovers have been done to death). Many things the Tories have done have been reprehensible.

Punishing the poor and letting the hyper rich avoid paying a fair share of tax being the main bones of contention.

Archived