BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Will Shaw Shaw Survive?

I believe that Derek's contract expired yesterday and no news on him having it extended. Is he about to suffer the same fate as Paul Agnew as some suggest? Your thoughts please and keep them clean!

If it's a roller it probably just rolls on :(

Not too sure that was the intention, I could be wrong but I thought it was up for renewal. Of course they could just pay him a years wage and tatty bye. Wishful thinking maybe though.

Keep them clean? About Shaw Shaw? Tricky that.

Will he survive? Don't think it matters much anymore. The time to be proactive has been and gone. Shaw is simply another faux appointment with no voice and a perfect example of the quality downsize.

Keep them clean? About Shaw Shaw? Tricky that.

Will he survive? Don't think it matters much anymore. The time to be proactive has been and gone. Shaw is simply another faux appointment with no voice and a perfect example of the quality downsize.

I put his name twice as I once heard him singing under his breath. There's only one Derek Shaw! a legend in his own lunchtime.

Not sure why Venkys would want Shaw out. They need someone 'on the ground' at Ewood to keep the club staff in order.

If they kept him on after the court fiasco then its going to take quite a turn of events for them to suddenly ditch him now.

His sole remit at the club appears to be to keep things ticking over administratively and continue to reduce costs.

He can put up the facts and figures and say he is doing a good job at reducing the operating costs of the club. I don't have the figures to hand but wages must have plummeted in these last 2 years. The non playing and coaching staff at the club has been scaled back as has expenditure on infrastructure like the pitches at Ewood and Brockhall (less spending than Accy Stanley and Burnley in recent seasons).

The best thing Rovers could do at this stage is to sack Shaw and bring in a clued up and ambitious chief executive. My pick would be Nicola Cortese formerly of Southampton. Give him a decent salary and the remit of getting the club back into the Premier League and let him get on with making the difficult decisions going forward, along with a multi million bonus for getting promotion.

As it is we've got a 'Managing Director' who actually doesn't seem to be responsible for anything other than signing paperwork, who is as much in the dark as the rest of us, who hardly ever speaks in public and when he does he just repeats the same stuff and often just refers it back to the owners.

Had to laugh at the title of the thread. I assume it was a deliberate Lord Shaw Shaw reference!

I could have put the S at the end, but left it as it was for effect. Well spotted by the way!

Archived