BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] A Tonight Tonight: Bury Or Bamber Bridge?

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bamber Bridge is a nice ground, with easy access from the M65 / Preston by-pass. There is only one stand, which is covered (in case of rain), but you can walk around the ground for a better view, depending upon the weather. I'm not sure there will be any pies on offer however...

There are more likely to be pies on offer at Gigg Lane - mind you, it has come to something if the deciding factor on choice of game has come down to the catering arrangements!

I'd go for the seniors at Gigg Lane, if it was me

:brfc:

I'm sure Rover Shaun will be there as it is just around the corner from that sprawling metropolis of 'South' Preston

It will provide him with the opportunity to give the board the benefit of his opinion......

........oh wait

I'm sure Rover Shaun will be there as it is just around the corner from that sprawling metropolis of 'South' Preston

It will provide him with the opportunity to give the board the benefit of his opinion......

........oh wait

Do you ever make a post that isn't a not-so veiled dig at someone else?

You used to be much better than that.

........oh wait

Pointless post. Why don't you go and then regale us with your snappy insights and considered opinions?

It's not round the corner from anything. Irongate is on Brownedge Road near the old Baxi plant. Situated in Walton-le-dale for accuracy.

I'll await your report.

• Backroom

Another thread with pointless digs before it's even got going..

I will be going to Gigg Lane tonight, looking forward to it and will hopefully get to see Koite in action. It would be nice for Rhodes and Gestede to feature too but I wont hold my breath.

My line up would be:

1st half:

Raya

Henley, Lenihan, Hanley, Spurr

Williamson, Taylor

Conway, Mahoney

Brown, Gestede

2nd half:

Eastwood

Nyambe, Duffy, Kilgallon, Olsson

Lowe, Petshi

Marshall, Koita, O'Sullivan

Rhodes

Pointless post. Why don't you go and then regale us with your snappy insights and considered opinions?

It's not round the corner from anything. Irongate is on Brownedge Road near the old Baxi plant. Situated in Walton-le-dale for accuracy.

I'll await your report.

You must be a wow at parties.

I do appear to be getting under your skin a bit, oh well.

I make point of not 'regaling' folk about players and matches I haven't seen so my last report was in January as I live 12,000kms away. It will be a while before I report again, feel free to hold your breath.

• Backroom

My line up would be:

1st half:

Raya

Henley, Lenihan, Hanley, Spurr

Williamson, Taylor

Conway, Mahoney

Brown, Gestede

2nd half:

Eastwood

Nyambe, Duffy, Kilgallon, Olsson

Lowe, Petshi

Marshall, Koita, O'Sullivan

Rhodes

I can't see there being 2 sides of 11 tonight. Bowyer will want his first team to get 90 minutes tonight I'd imagine.

I can't see there being 2 sides of 11 tonight. Bowyer will want his first team to get 90 minutes tonight I'd imagine.

If that's the case I'd go:

Raya

Henley, Duffy, Kilgallon, Olsson

Petshi, Taylor

Conway, Marshall, O'Sullivan

Rhodes

In fact I think this would be my line up for the season if Rudy goes and Rhodes stays

Why would u choose O'Sulliven infront of Mahoney? I am just curious

From what I've seen he's looked more promising imo. Could be subbed off for Mahoney though, or rotated throughout the season

• Backroom

Why would u choose O'Sulliven infront of Mahoney? I am just curious

I would also choose O'Sullivan over Mahoney at present.

Simply because O'Sullivan has gone out on loan at non-league, league 2 and league 1 and has impressed on all 3 occasions. This pre-season he has been one of our better players, a bit like Alan Judge was last year, I just hope Bowyer gives him a go when the season starts.

I think Connor Mahoney would benefit from going on loan to a league 1 or 2 side before we play him in competitive games in the championship.

........oh wait

Take it you're going then if not your going gigg lane ..Oh wait a minute your commenting on something the other side of the world.. Do yourself a favour and stop having a dig at people

Well, I have decided. I am keen to look at what the youngsters look like.

It is off to Brigg preceded by a stop at Sainsbury's in Bamber Bridge to pick up a pie, some bird peanuts and a lottery ticket for tomorrow night. I may even look at the underpants section.

Take it you're going then if not your going gigg lane ..Oh wait a minute your commenting on something the other side of the world.. Do yourself a favour and stop having a dig at people

I think the point everyone is missing here is that neither go to a game. Yet one is allowed to post whatever he wants as he calls everything as sh1t. Hurrah!

It goes to show how far we've fallen.... Etc....

As an aside, I'm in Greece at the moment, just had a bar tender say "hey! Blackburn Rovers!" I replied "Georgie Donis!" We laughed, he said he's a really nice guy, almost as though he knew him. I paid him and beggared off. Having read the Rhodes thread I also recall the time when we met a bunch of Boro fans in Ipsos (I think), who had endless fun in ripping the mickey out of us and singing "buy a brick" - as we looked to sort the old Riverside out. This must have been late 80's.

The smog dwelling cards eh?

Anyway, Bury, or Brig. You can't go wrong really. Or you could stay at home and just moan on here all night? Not my cup of tea I must admit. A lot of our fans seem to enjoy it though.

I think the point everyone is missing here is that neither go to a game. Yet one is allowed to post whatever he wants as he calls everything as sh1t. Hurrah!

It goes to show how far we've fallen.... Etc....

As an aside, I'm in Greece at the moment, just had a bar tender say "hey! Blackburn Rovers!" I replied "Georgie Donis!" We laughed, he said he's a really nice guy, almost as though he knew him. I paid him and beggared off. Having read the Rhodes thread I also recall the time when we met a bunch of Boro fans in Ipsos (I think), who had endless fun in ripping the mickey out of us and singing "buy a brick" - as we looked to sort the old Riverside out. This must have been late 80's.

The smog dwelling cards eh?

Anyway, Bury, or Brig. You can't go wrong really. Or you could stay at home and just moan on here all night? Not my cup of tea I must admit. A lot of our fans seem to enjoy it though.

Looking like brig as decent little set up unless the heavens open up again

Archived