BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rugby World Cup 2015

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They'll be on sky somewhere. Unfortunately they don't get covered by the BBC or ITV

Yeah. It's pretty bad really. Not to even have a 20 minute show - like they do with the cricket (on 5ive)

Sky subscribers are still in the minority no matter what they'd have you believe. I know some casual sports fans that used to watch the 5 nations religiously on terrestrial TV and now they hardly even know when and where England are actually playing. 20 seconds on the news was all it got.

• 4 months later...

If anyone wants tickets to England vs Argentina in 2 weeks time at twickenham on Saturday 26th Nov KO 14.30 we have 5 tickets that looking to get shut of. They are in north stand (behind posts) middle tier and were face value £63. Basically we were meant to go down but can no longer make it due to an double booking oversight.

Ideally would try and recoup as much as possible as they don't do returns but accept we may be taking a hit.

So having exhausted options by asking anyone we personally know, work with or ever met in person I thought I'd open it up to strangers on a rovers message board. Before strangers one of those ghastly ticket tout websites.

So if anyone on here wants any of them let us know and will arrange something.

• 2 weeks later...

Went to Twickenham today courtesy of Matt above, thanks for that, great seats.

I've come away with mixed emotions to be honest, a great occasion no doubt about that, and a very good game despite the early sending off for England which was spot on for me.

The facilities are brilliant, loads of toilets, champagne bars, beer a plenty and ever kind of food you can think of, superb.

Only downside, the place of full of posh wax jacket and tweed wearing t0ssers, as expected, and for that reason alone I've come away with mixed feelings about rugby union and if I'll bother again.

It'll take a few days to sink in I think.

Swing low......

Great win for England. They didnt half get lucky though and fortunate from some referess calls - Yardes knock-on / try, the blatant offside just before Englands breakaway try and that nonsense of a yellow card in the last few minutes.

The second half England completely dominated, but where lucky that they werent 15-20 points behind in the first 25 minutes.

Hopefully they'll realise how fortunate they where, and use that in the future. The 6 nations looks like a duel in Dublin.

Archived