BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rugby World Cup 2015

I like RU but got deflated when England blew it against Wales with too much theory and not enough grit, all credit to Wales though. The rest of the Tournament will be well worth watching and I hope Wales, NI and Scotland all go well.

NI?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Scotland were so unlucky. Great game though, and our performances bode well for the 6 nations. Looking forward to the semi's, fancy the All Blacks to win it now.

Unlucky at the end, but you did get at least some the rub of the green over the 80 minutes, the Aussies dropped one after getting over the line, you had a charge down go straight to hand, and an interception try.

However Scotland played very well. The first yellow card was marginal, and the penalty at the end was just an awful decision, but in all honesty more or less every time theres a scrum these days theres a penalty given, and in most cases it could go either way. Its one of the biggest problems with union at present that 3 minor infringements on the halfway line are worth more than a try.

Cracking to see the team belt out the national anthem, unpopular apparently with some of the clowns on here.

It's a terrible dirge with terrible lyrics, absurdly about saving the person who has least need for saving in the country, and totally failing to mention the things that do actually make Britain great (scientific discovery, parliament, the industrial revolution, liberty etc). Loads of people the length and bredth of the country hate it. It is already withering and dying through being irrelevant. It's a matter of time.

As for the rugby - really enjoyed all of the games I've seen. Shame England went out so early. Scotland were magnificent against the Aussies, really felt for them. Argentina somewhat less good, but still the Aussies struggled. Think NZ will walk it.

• 3 weeks later...

RIP Jonah Lomu :(

I'm not the biggest fan of rugby union, but this fella was just a class above.

Was watching a video of his tackles and tries the other day, just so powerful knocking others out of the way and running through like they weren't even there.

• 6 months later...

No mention of England winning the under 20 world cup yesterday so I'll mention it. Fantastic afternoons rugby at the AJ Bell. South Africa v Argentina for 3rd place. Great second half from Argentina saw them finish 3rd. New Zealand v Australia for 5th and 6th places. Bit of a war of attrition at times but the new Zealanders were more clinical in their finishing so got 5th. Then England Ireland for the trophy. England were just too strong for Ireland although Ireland put up a good fight with some decent rugby. All 3 matches £25. Great atmosphere. Fans from all 6 countries together in the stands. Hard work and no little skill from all 6 teams. Motm for England, captain Harry Mallinder, son of Jim Mallinder. Looks pretty good as did several of our other players. The futures looking bright.

No mention of England winning the under 20 world cup yesterday so I'll mention it. Fantastic afternoons rugby at the AJ Bell. South Africa v Argentina for 3rd place. Great second half from Argentina saw them finish 3rd. New Zealand v Australia for 5th and 6th places. Bit of a war of attrition at times but the new Zealanders were more clinical in their finishing so got 5th. Then England Ireland for the trophy. England were just too strong for Ireland although Ireland put up a good fight with some decent rugby. All 3 matches £25. Great atmosphere. Fans from all 6 countries together in the stands. Hard work and no little skill from all 6 teams. Motm for England, captain Harry Mallinder, son of Jim Mallinder. Looks pretty good as did several of our other players. The futures looking bright.

Fantastic news. I don't fully understand rugby but lots of friends and family love it and have had a fabulous weekend!

Archived