BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rugby World Cup 2015

It started last night. It's on home soil don't you know (mostly). I've always wanted to go to a WC game - but It's pretty pricey - even football seems cheap in comparison.

Anyway, I still enjoy watching England (even though I hardly know who any of the players are these days). I watched England beat Fiji last night in the opening match and today I watched one of the most amazing games I've ever seen. I'm even going to watch the highlights show at 11pm on ITV4 to hopefully see it again :tu:. Plus I have very little interest in The Premiership and MOTD these days.

I know England aren't so great these days, but they've still got a hell of a better chance of winning the WC than the footy team will ever have.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see the usual Celtic anti-English xenophobia is ramping up against pre-match England v Wales. Gatland saying they're gonna smash all England players, Gareth Thomas in the Times writing an article about how much he hates England (frankly unbelievable given the prejudice he's been working to remove from the game). The usual drill basically, the one instant where people are allowed to be racist arseh**** with zero criticism from anyone is when they're doing it towards the English.

Hope we annihilate them.

I must say I do like these evening starts as I can get everything done in the afternoon and then relax with some beers.

Looking forward to the game even more than an England 'Soccer' WC game (that's certainly a sign of the times as I used to be football crazy).

I see the usual Celtic anti-English xenophobia is ramping up against pre-match England v Wales. Gatland saying they're gonna smash all England players, Gareth Thomas in the Times writing an article about how much he hates England (frankly unbelievable given the prejudice he's been working to remove from the game). The usual drill basically, the one instant where people are allowed to be racist arseh**** with zero criticism from anyone is when they're doing it towards the English.

Hope we annihilate them.

Cracking to see the team belt out the national anthem, unpopular apparently with some of the clowns on here.

Cracking to see the team belt out the national anthem, unpopular apparently with some of the clowns on here.

Who?

Anyway well done to Wales, great win for them. I cannot fathom how we lost it yet, but the penalty count was far too high, gave some easy points away in not particularly threatening places.

England - Aussies turns into a go hard or go home game.

That was a decent game. England's indiscipline ended up costing them. Wales just kept pulling back to one score and eventually scored their try.

The turning point for me was that late tackle when we had Wales on their own 5 yard line. Penalty given and seconds later Wales had the ball in our own half.

Anyway, England v Oz next Saturday is now a knock-out game.

• 2 weeks later...

Did anyone see the 10 minute stand the Australians made against Wales in the world cup game last night?

They lost 2 men to the sin bin with Wales camped on their line and managed to hold on and keep them out until they got back to full strength, absolutely tremendous effort against a very good Wales side, bodies on the line, hit after hit, great stand, all credit to them.

Did anyone see the 10 minute stand the Australians made against Wales in the world cup game last night?

They lost 2 men to the sin bin with Wales camped on their line and managed to hold on and keep them out until they got back to full strength, absolutely tremendous effort against a very good Wales side, bodies on the line, hit after hit, great stand, all credit to them.

Watched it, what an enthralling game, Aussies look a level above the northern hemisphere teams. I don't know how the draw is lined up, but Aussie All-Black final would be a great contest.

I'd rather watch soaps than egg chasing thank you Chaddy.

I'd rather watch anything than soaps, reality tv, cooking reality tv, singing reality tv, house-related reality tv and quiz shows. The vast majority of mainstream terrestrial tv is now aimed squarely at women, as the ratings point to them dominating the tv controller in most households. So blokes are given the option of either taking a difficult stance of resistance (i.e. forking out for Sky, buying dvds, taking up computer games) or convincing themselves the female-centric programmes are actually quite good. I see you've taken the second option. Personally I'd throw my TV out the window if it wasn't for the promise of occasional respite through things such as international sports tournaments.

I'd rather watch anything than soaps, reality tv, cooking reality tv, singing reality tv, house-related reality tv and quiz shows. The vast majority of mainstream terrestrial tv is now aimed squarely at women, as the ratings point to them dominating the tv controller in most households. So blokes are given the option of either taking a difficult stance of resistance (i.e. forking out for Sky, buying dvds, taking up computer games) or convincing themselves the female-centric programmes are actually quite good. I see you've taken the second option. Personally I'd throw my TV out the window if it wasn't for the promise of occasional respite through things such as international sports tournaments.

Just put a portable in the kitchen, then she can watch all that crap whilst cooking / ironing / washing up. And you can enjoy the rugger from the front room sofa.

Just put a portable in the kitchen, then she can watch all that crap whilst cooking / ironing / washing up. And you can enjoy the rugger from the front room sofa.

Not particularly into soaps but I just don't like rugby of either code. If it has to be egg chasing I enjoy American Football but the rugby world cup had bored the pants off me. Can't wait for it to end.

Al are you really saying you can't find anything else to watch? I think, but could be wrong as I'm not interested, all the RWC has been on ITV. The only programme it's interfered with in our house is Coronation Street - a touch of addiction there.

We don't have any subscription TV other than Netflix and the BBC live output plus recordings and iPlayer means one can watch pretty much whatever one wants when wants to.

Al are you really saying you can't find anything else to watch? I think, but could be wrong as I'm not interested, all the RWC has been on ITV. The only programme it's interfered with in our house is Coronation Street - a touch of addiction there.

We don't have any subscription TV other than Netflix and the BBC live output plus recordings and iPlayer means one can watch pretty much whatever one wants when wants to.

Of course I've found other things to watch. I have loads of recorded programmes on my box that I can watch. Usually at 9pm there are programmes on both ITV and BBC that are worth watching so I record one and watch the other. The Rugby has just forced me to watch them at different times than I usually do and being a creature of habit it irritates me a bit. No worries though. I'll get over it but it just seems that every time I sit down to watch the telly there is a Rugby match on that is of no interest to me, especially since England are no longer involved.

Archived