BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Best Rovers Squad Of 18.

Mike E

Am surprised no one mentions Sir Roger Jones, Duncan Mckenzie just for the entertainment, graham Hawkins, Andy Crawford, Simon garner.

Worth a mention, but unfortunately not a place in an all time Rovers squad. These guys were class at the lower level for Rovers, but we have spent too long in the top flight in most posters' lifetimes for them to get anywhere near the top guys. I used to love Jones, Hawkins and Garner (of those you mention) in particular. Crawford had a bad attitude and McKenzie was inconsistent, though brilliant on his day - he was a guy who should really have been playing first division football as was.

Worth a mention, but unfortunately not a place in an all time Rovers squad. These guys were class at the lower level for Rovers, but we have spent too long in the top flight in most posters' lifetimes for them to get anywhere near the top guys. I used to love Jones, Hawkins and Garner (of those you mention) in particular. Crawford had a bad attitude and McKenzie was inconsistent, though brilliant on his day - he was a guy who should really have been playing first division football as was.

Did McKenzie really jump over a Mini Andy or was that a legend?

Another seldom mentioned was Andre Ooijer.A class act indeed. One of the collection of national captains on our side at that time including Ryan Nelsen, Mokoena, Savage.

I have hazy recollections of us having 7 or 8 in our team at one point that had all captained their countries. The ones you have mentioned plus Khizanishvili, Emerton, Henchoz (definites) and also Friedel, Tugay and Pederson, who may have occasionally had the armband for their countries (not sure but perfectly feasible given the number of caps they won)

Archived