BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ipswich Away

On the bottom point I agree and its exactly why some players have been rested recently but then people seem to disagree when that happens as well!

Not sure there is a player in the squad fit enough.

If they are professional athletes getting paid obscene amounts and they are not fit then they need a new job , not resting.

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I see your point but players who have an injury that prevents them from playing properly don't play. If his knees are bad he should retire and the manager should not pick him. I do not want to see his ilk in blue and white. It spoils the game for me.

Must be getting close to 100 now? Go on, Al!

Btw, this popped into my head when somebody posted his name during the match; didn't you have a similar obsession about Varney? You know, the one that played for the team that beat us and are chasing promotion?

Maybe the players aren't the ones with the problems...

Btw, this popped into my head when somebody posted his name during the match; didn't you have a similar obsession about Varney? You know, the one that played for the team that beat us and are chasing promotion?

Your obsession is showing again Dean. Try posting about football! Your posts about me are clocking up. If I was Chaddy the mods would accuse you of bullying. :wstu:

Nobody likes stroppy newbies.

1. I think you're being argumentative for the sake of it with that post.

There are certain players who aren't quite good enough and then there's Brown who takes it to a different level completely and is arguably the worst player I've ever seen playing for Rovers over the last 45 years. In fact I've been posting less after being drawn into a spat with some woman defending Brown. It simply isn't worth the effort anymore.

Chris Sutton appears to sum it up nicely. He never ever even threatens the goal or gets into any dangerous positions. Can he do better? Probably. Does he care? Probably not. Has he been stealing money for the last 2 years from the Club? Absolutely. It's about time people stopped defending players who have brought the Club to its knees for me. Brown is no better than the likes of Danny Murphy or Leon Best in my eyes. Stealing money off the Club and sticking two fingers up at the fans with his so called performances.

1. Do you? Well let me tell you; I dot really give a damn if you think I'm being deliberately argumentative, whatever that even means. Can you be unintentionally argumentative? Not sure.

Since you started your post with a personal comment, I'll retort.

I think you are talking absolute rubbish. Is it intentional? Well I don't know I couldn't say if you are a WUM or not.

Don't need to reply on the content, top man and PB make the points necessary. Comparing Brown on the same level waster to Murphy is a symptom of memory loss, I'd suggest you see your GP.

Your obsession is showing again Dean. Try posting about football! Your posts about me are clocking up. If I was Chaddy the mods would accuse you of bullying. :wstu:

Made a good point about Varney though eh.

The same Luke Varney who's made 16 appearances for Ipswich in league and cup this season (13 off the bench) and scored 0? Oh, but he's assisted twice this season, including once against Rovers so maybe we should bring him back?

Lambert, sign him up!

If they are professional athletes getting paid obscene amounts and they are not fit then they need a new job , not resting.

So black and white! Would you say same about shearer a week into his cruciate ligament injury?

I've seen you moan lately about players being "soft" but have you seen the intensity level of professional football first hand?

1. Do you? Well let me tell you; I dot really give a damn if you think I'm being deliberately argumentative, whatever that even means. Can you be unintentionally argumentative? Not sure.

Since you started your post with a personal comment, I'll retort.

I think you are talking absolute rubbish. Is it intentional? Well I don't know I couldn't say if you are a WUM or not.

Don't need to reply on the content, top man and PB make the points necessary. Comparing Brown on the same level waster to Murphy is a symptom of memory loss, I'd suggest you see your GP.

Made a good point about Varney though eh.

If you like. Varney was sh1t as well.

The same Luke Varney who's made 16 appearances for Ipswich in league and cup this season (13 off the bench) and scored 0? Oh, but he's assisted twice this season, including once against Rovers so maybe we should bring him back?

Lambert, sign him up!

not the point is it? Point is Al called him worst player he's ever seen, stealing a living etc etc yet a proven successful manager in this league saw fit to give him a chance, despite him being out for 6 months.

It makes a mockery of the so called self branded experts on this site, much like yourself.

It's just tiresome reading about Brown on EVERY thread, whether he's playing or not. I enjoy your posts that aren't Brown related so don't want to resort to using the ignore feature, but it is bloody draining.

So black and white! Would you say same about shearer a week into his cruciate ligament injury?

I've seen you moan lately about players being "soft" but have you seen the intensity level of professional football first hand?

Stupid post. Shearer was not played until he was fit and it was always assumed that he would recover.

Stupid post. Shearer was not played until he was fit and it was always assumed that he would recover.

He said any players unfit should find another job. Back up your friends here all you like, but expect to look a fool if they posting ridiculous black and white or attack or defend posts.

It's just tiresome reading about Brown on EVERY thread, whether he's playing or not. I enjoy your posts that aren't Brown related so don't want to resort to using the ignore feature, but it is bloody draining.

Suit yourself pal. I'm not going to stop criticising players who I consider not fit to wear the shirt. You have not been on this site long enough to criticise me.

Knee injuries or not, Brown isn't good enough. He's supposedly fit and well after his period on the sidelines and still fails to perform. I can't believe we are seriously debating this. Some absolute claptrap being posted from people with nothing better to do than bicker. If you seriously think the likes of Brown are good enough for BRFC then you need to give your head a wobble...

• Backroom

The Ipswich fans around me practically to a man muttered various curses when Varney came on. But then they spent the entire match mocking their players and playing style so it wasn't unexpected :lol:

He said any players unfit should find another job. Back up your friends here all you like, but expect to look a fool if they posting ridiculous black and white or attack or defend posts.

You took the post out of context and twisted his words----and you know it.

Knee injuries or not, Brown isn't good enough. He's supposedly fit and well after his period on the sidelines and still fails to perform. I can't believe we are seriously debating this. Some absolute claptrap being posted from people with nothing better to do than bicker. If you seriously think the likes of Brown are good enough for BRFC then you need to give your head a wobble...

haha, you did a funny.

You accuse people of only looking to bicker yet you've done nothing but the same.

There are 5/6 players in this team id call the worst I've seen play for us. Funnily enough we are in the worst position I've seen us be... Strange that.

Singling out one player as the crux of all the issues is mighty similar to some peoples campaigns to prove that GB was the same, one fix from the promise land.

I'll repeat myself in good old fashioned abbey capitals.

I TRUST THE MANAGERS VIEW OVER OBSESSIVE POSTERS WHO FIND A BONE AND WILL NOT DROP IT!

can you stop posting about Brown you getting on me nerves.

not the point is it? Point is Al called him worst player he's ever seen, stealing a living etc etc yet a proven successful manager in this league saw fit to give him a chance, despite him being out for 6 months.

It makes a mockery of the so called self branded experts on this site, much like yourself.

A little insult from tetchy JB today? What's up with you? Got sand stuck in your noo-noo? Because you are awful irritable today, even more so than usual.

Self-branded experts? I've made three or four comments in the past week or two on this site and now I've got a new title? Please find some of these posts where I've seemingly labelled myself as an authority on any matter and back up your latest fantastical claims.

Shearer was a genuine injury which he recovered from, Parson is hinting that Brown hasn't . You really are like a nagging wife that looks to oppose anything that fans say just to start an argument. As for me moaning about players fitness and intensity...it ain't me dude moaning about it ,its people in the media and on here . If they are not happy or cant get fit enough to play 180 mins a week then they are in the wrong profession.

haha, you did a funny.

You accuse people of only looking to bicker yet you've done nothing but the same.

There are 5/6 players in this team id call the worst I've seen play for us. Funnily enough we are in the worst position I've seen us be... Strange that.

Singling out one player as the crux of all the issues is mighty similar to some peoples campaigns to prove that GB was the same, one fix from the promise land.

I TRUST THE MANAGERS VIEW OVER OBSESSIVE POSTERS WHO FIND A BONE AND WILL NOT DROP IT!

hahaahahahahaahahha

haha, you did a funny.

AI might be exaggerating slightly in his labelling of Brown as the worst player he's ever seen in blue and white, but so what? He's entitled to his opinion, isn't he? Just as you are. Heaven knows you have a penchant for the dramatic when it comes to your posts and opinions. I could argue your suggestion there are 5/6 players worse than Brown in this team Is ludicrous and implies the need for immediate medical attention, but it would be daft, just like some of the comments in your recent posts.

Lucky for us, Brown will be gone by June and we won't have to argue over how bad he is (stats back that up enough I think).

at least if you are gonna do a joke at my expense about caps then at least get my name right ....er it is ABBEY

Have to laugh to myself.

Point out utter rubbish, and the personal insults fly! Love it.

And when Brown goes, who will be next for the thread flaming scapegoat game?

Maybe Jason Lowe will want this title back?

Have to laugh to myself.

Point out utter rubbish, and the personal insults fly! Love it.

And when Brown goes, who will be next for the thread flaming scapegoat game?

Maybe Jason Lowe will want this title back?

"Personal insults"? You dish out enough of them yourself, jbizzle. And if you can't remember doing it then re-check your posts, as I believe you have already given appropriate advice for those suffering from memory loss.

Suit yourself pal. I'm not going to stop criticising players who I consider not fit to wear the shirt. You have not been on this site long enough to criticise me.

I don't think time on the site matters at all.

But, if it does make any difference to you, I was posting for years under a different username (not an intentional change, just didn't have access to the email account to use the "forgotten password" feature). Carried on reading after I stopped posting, just decided to stop posting initially because the constant moaning from people was becoming a chore.

Like Jbizzle said though, if Brown goes, who next? It'd just be Lowe/Akpan/Henley etc. We'll never have a perfect squad, there will always be a player worse than the rest.

Archived