BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ipswich Away

Have to laugh to myself.

Point out utter rubbish, and the personal insults fly! Love it.

And when Brown goes, who will be next for the thread flaming scapegoat game?

Maybe Jason Lowe will want this title back?

PERSONAL INSULTS? WHERE?

• Replies 389
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Comparing Brown and Shearer couldn't be more black and white to be fair Jbizzle.

Shearer had many facets to his game, genuine world class, one of the best strikers to play the game. Whatever he may have lost post-op was made up for in his other abilities.

Whatever Brown had pre-op I don't know, his record suggests not very much, but post-op he's very poor. He shouldn't be playing for this club.

I'm not advocating he should retire like some, in fact if he has clubs willing to offer him contracts then all the power to him, I'm not saying he is the crux of all our problems as you say other posters are saying (though I don't know who exactly) but fact is he isn't of the required standard. I don't care how much he runs around, working hard should be an absolute minimum for any footballer anyway. I'd be surprised to see a League One team take a punt on him to be honest.

I know you don't think he is good enough either, that's not the point I'm trying to make.

• Backroom

Piece of advice to those above:

If you see a 'personal insult', you have three options:

1. React in kind and throw an insult back, derailing the thread.

2. Politely ask the poster to remove the insult.

3. Report the post so that it can be dealt with.

I don't think time on the site matters at all.

But, if it does make any difference to you, I was posting for years under a different username (not an intentional change, just didn't have access to the email account to use the "forgotten password" feature). Carried on reading after I stopped posting, just decided to stop posting initially because the constant moaning from people was becoming a chore.

Like Jbizzle said though, if Brown goes, who next? It'd just be Lowe/Akpan/Henley etc. We'll never have a perfect squad, there will always be a player worse than the rest.

Yes there will always be a player worse than the rest but not to the abject uselessness of Brown. I thought than Varney was the worst player I had ever seen in over 60years of watching Rovers but Brown has even exceeded him for ineffectuality. As I said before, seeing him in the team spoils my enjoyment of watching the match and I will never tire of saying so.

what has this post got to do with the Ipswich game?

Its the nanny state!

Yes there will always be a player worse than the rest but not to the abject uselessness of Brown. I thought than Varney was the worst player I had ever seen in over 60years of watching Rovers but Brown has even exceeded him for ineffectuality. As I said before, seeing him in the team spoils my enjoyment of watching the match and I will never tire of saying so.

To what end though? Nobody on here can get rid of him for you.

To what end though? Nobody on here can get rid of him for you.

Does me good to express my feelings. Everybody has a right to protest. You are becoming a pain and will change nothing. Time to use ignore.

YUP

IF HE AINT FIT ENOUGH HE SHOULDNT BE PLAYING , if its that serious then he best retire.

Most professional sportsmen tend to do everything in their power to put off the moment they give up the only thing they are known throughout their life. Tiger Woods is a prime example of a guy whose career has been blighted by injuries in recent years and yet, despite being worth millions, despite dropping in the rankings, he still plays in the hope of returning to full fitness. I'm sure that Brown knows, more than the so called experts on here, that his career is probably coming to an end. Clearly his contract won't be renewed in the summer but at the end of the day you can't blame him for wanting to continue to play the sport he has played professionally since leaving school. He's not the first player at Ewood whose career has been blighted by injury - Martin Britt, Allan Gilliver, Jimmy Kerr are just three that come to mind, and he won't be the last.

• Backroom

You're lucky ABS, my post was deleted hidden

As are most posts that are designed to antagonise volunteers who give up their spare time (despite having full time jobs and families to care for) to keep this site from going down the roversmad route.

Comparing Brown and Shearer couldn't be more black and white to be fair Jbizzle.

Shearer had many facets to his game, genuine world class, one of the best strikers to play the game. Whatever he may have lost post-op was made up for in his other abilities.

Whatever Brown had pre-op I don't know, his record suggests not very much, but post-op he's very poor. He shouldn't be playing for this club.

I'm not advocating he should retire like some, in fact if he has clubs willing to offer him contracts then all the power to him, I'm not saying he is the crux of all our problems as you say other posters are saying (though I don't know who exactly) but fact is he isn't of the required standard. I don't care how much he runs around, working hard should be an absolute minimum for any footballer anyway. I'd be surprised to see a League One team take a punt on him to be honest.

I know you don't think he is good enough either, that's not the point I'm trying to make.

Donner pal, no worries - it all got out of hand. The crux is, if posters wish to peddle the same black, white, attack, defend mantra - it's going to be questioned.

Ofcourse I don't rate Brown! The point is, people saying he should retire if he's not fully fit? I used shearer as an example to say how that context is barmy. Only one person is in a position to make that call, and that's the person who's career it is.

You know aswell as I do that the whole scenario is bigger than one players inclusion. I'm annoyed with myself, that I managed to get involved with the thread derailing but still - it's hard to ignore posts which add nothing constructive.

Everybody's welcome to an opinion, in the modern day of the Internet especially. The only thing, it's worth remembering that not all those opinions are worth listening to or agreeing with.

Especially when it's nearly impossible to find the match reports because of the amount of posters arguing the same arguments, with mods across other threads.

Most professional sportsmen tend to do everything in their power to put off the moment they give up the only thing they are known throughout their life. Tiger Woods is a prime example of a guy whose career has been blighted by injuries in recent years and yet, despite being worth millions, despite dropping in the rankings, he still plays in the hope of returning to full fitness. I'm sure that Brown knows, more than the so called experts on here, that his career is probably coming to an end. Clearly his contract won't be renewed in the summer but at the end of the day you can't blame him for wanting to continue to play the sport he has played professionally since leaving school. He's not the first player at Ewood whose career has been blighted by injury - Martin Britt, Allan Gilliver, Jimmy Kerr are just three that come to mind, and he won't be the last.

Steve Agnew was another highly rated player who's career was ruined by injury almost as soon as he arrived at Ewood.

I saw a lot of a Jimmy Kerr when he was at Bury. A pal of mine was in and out of their first team at the same time. Kerr was the real deal before he joined us, " the next Colin Bell " was how he was rated at the time.

You can't compare tiger woods and brown . Experts ? Thanks Sam . You don't have to be an expert to know he is awful .

Donner pal, no worries - it all got out of hand. The crux is, if posters wish to peddle the same black, white, attack, defend mantra - it's going to be questioned.

Ofcourse I don't rate Brown! The point is, people saying he should retire if he's not fully fit? I used shearer as an example to say how that context is barmy. Only one person is in a position to make that call, and that's the person who's career it is.

You know aswell as I do that the whole scenario is bigger than one players inclusion. I'm annoyed with myself, that I managed to get involved with the thread derailing but still - it's hard to ignore posts which add nothing constructive.

Everybody's welcome to an opinion, in the modern day of the Internet especially. The only thing, it's worth remembering that not all those opinions are worth listening to or agreeing with.

Especially when it's nearly impossible to find the match reports because of the amount of posters arguing the same arguments, with mods across other threads.

I agree, I thought it was a bit of an extreme comparison that's all. I know you weren't fully serious with said comparison too so I shouldn't have said anything really.

haha, you did a funny.

You accuse people of only looking to bicker yet you've done nothing but the same.

There are 5/6 players in this team id call the worst I've seen play for us. Funnily enough we are in the worst position I've seen us be... Strange that.

Singling out one player as the crux of all the issues is mighty similar to some peoples campaigns to prove that GB was the same, one fix from the promise land.

I'll repeat myself in good old fashioned abbey capitals.

I TRUST THE MANAGERS VIEW OVER OBSESSIVE POSTERS WHO FIND A BONE AND WILL NOT DROP IT!

Hey bizzle the manager most probably has less experience of top flight games than Al, so show some respect young fella !

An ex local footballer said to me that Lambert would be better off playing a dustbin upfront than Chris Brown because....... at least you can play a one - two with a dustbin.

Your Shearer comparison is the one that's barmy. Completely different circumstances. Brown is at the end of his career. Shearer's injury was very early in his. May I also point out that your post comes across as very arrogant.

Steve Agnew was another highly rated player who's career was ruined by injury almost as soon as he arrived at Ewood.

I saw a lot of a Jimmy Kerr when he was at Bury. A pal of mine was in and out of their first team at the same time. Kerr was the real deal before he joined us, " the next Colin Bell " was how he was rated at the time.

I seem to recall Tyrone, that Kerr left a coaching job at Ewood and then tried to continue playing in South Africa and then with Coventry City before finally having to accept his career was over. Brown has played over 300 games in professional soccer so can fully understand his determination to try to overcome the odds. Hopefully, he'll get fixed up with a new club, have a proper pre-season and give it another go. Personally, wish the lad all the best.

I seem to recall Tyrone, that Kerr left a coaching job at Ewood and then tried to continue playing in South Africa and then with Coventry City before finally having to accept his career was over. Brown has played over 300 games in professional soccer so can fully understand his determination to try to overcome the odds. Hopefully, he'll get fixed up with a new club, have a proper pre-season and give it another go. Personally, wish the lad all the best.

I'll never knock a trier. Lazy sods I'll have a go at.

Re Browny he may not be everyone's cup of tea however in Botswana, Malawi and Namibia he is up there with Messi and Ronaldo mgafrica.com/article/2016-01-22-which-person-your-african-country-googles-the-most

(sorry struggling to link properly).

Archived