BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fa Youth Cup

I am just settling down in front of the telly to watch the 2nd leg of the semi final away at Chelsea.

The missus is away so it is curry and beer :-)

I look forward to watching the youngsters and giving us some hope for the future.

I hope, and expect, they will give a good showing although we are up against it.

COYB

Chelsea - working with some of the best 18 year olds in the world.

Rovers - working with the best 18 year olds in the north west who aren't deemed good enough for City, United, Liverpool, Everton, and Burnley.

No surprise that we are second best.

• Moderation Lead

I'd happily bet that none of the Chelsea team make it to the first team. Nobody since John Terry has done that and stayed there. Doesn't matter if they're good enough, Chelsea will get rid! They had Bertrand, Lukaku, De Bruyne and Matic (amongst others and admittedly they bought Matic back).

I'd happily bet that none of the Chelsea team make it to the first team. Nobody since John Terry has done that and stayed there. Doesn't matter if they're good enough, Chelsea will get rid! They had Bertrand, Lukaku, De Bruyne and Matic (amongst others and admittedly they bought Matic back).

You are probably right K-Hod. It must cost a fortune, compared to Rovers, to run their Academy. I wonder if it pays for itself and how many of the lads are sold on?

You are probably right K-Hod. It must cost a fortune, compared to Rovers, to run their Academy. I wonder if it pays for itself and how many of the lads are sold on?

I think I read it costs £9m a year to run. At a guess if Chelsea can sell on most of these players it will make a good contribution to that cost. Chelsea will probably see the potential benefit as having the chance to unearth a world class player who might cost £60,70, 80m in the future.

A loss on the academy becomes small change if that happen.

Archived